Sync Ps3 trophies

fjgg94

PS3 and Vita trophy syncing isn't going anywhere, because Sony would have to shutdown PSN as a whole for that to happen which would mean the PS4 and PS5 being taken out as well. The only thing that might be downsized or taken offline in the future, is the PS Store app for the PS3 but that's a big if and would be an epic PR nightmare if it were to happen.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

9 minutes ago, fjgg94 said:

Greetings! I wanted to know... What will happen with trophies in ps3? I mean to solo asd co-op trophies... Someone have some idea about when Sony will shutdown the service for ps3? Or i have not to worry about...at least for some years? 

No, no one has any idea because Sony has not released any information that the PS3 trophies or online capability will be cut off at any point. While less people are playing online on the PS3 these days and some developers have shut down their online portions after all this time, there has been no word from Sony themselves.

No reason to believe any fearful messages about it happening tomorrow. Don't believe the FUD online and just play the games you want to play now.

Edited by DaivRules

Isn't going to be a problem if you don't play online, I mean, for me (in ps3 I just play solo games, or offline coop) and just log in to sync my trophies to get them appear here in PSNprofiles.

And I don't think they'r going anywhere, just the devs shooting down the servers if ppl don't play cause they cost money to mantain.

I don't think the ability to sync your trophies on PS3 will be going away any time soon. I don't really know how PS Now works since I've never used it, so take what I say with a pinch of salt, but I'm pretty sure you can earn trophies while playing PS3 games via Now (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I imagine this uses the same "servers" as syncing your trophies on PS3, just as playing a 360 game via backwards compatibility on the Xbox One is essentially just you playing an emulated 360 with its online servers intact. As others have said though, as more and more servers for games get shut down, your opportunity to get online-only trophies is definitely fast dwindling.

I think they're more likely to shut down the PSN store on the PS3 first, but still allow you to re-download your purchases and make new purchases through the site, as is the case with the PSP nowadays. Though with the state the PSN store is on PS3 atm, I think Sony has kinda already forgotten about its existence anyway...

• Like 1

On 9/11/2020 at 5:24 PM, DaivRules said:

No, no one has any idea because Sony has not released any information that the PS3 trophies or online capability will be cut off at any point. While less people are playing online on the PS3 these days and some developers have shut down their online portions after all this time, there has been no word from Sony themselves.

No reason to believe any fearful messages about it happening tomorrow. Don't believe the FUD online and just play the games you want to play now.

The only immediate danger would be to online portions of games since the servers are so old. Eventually those will get shut down. I would knock out the online for games you are interested in and rest easy until you hear something from Sony.

5 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

I really hope Sony does another PS3 sale and this time includes add ons in that sale.

As much as I would like that, it would probably be a lost cause. The reason for that is the lack of advertising on their part. I’ve seen PS3 and Vita sales, mainly Vita happen randomly during PS4 sales and there is no word about it, whatsoever. I’ve actually found a couple Vita games on sale just by searching randomly on the app. It is kind of dumb how Sony could do it, but because they don’t care enough to showcase it on the PS Store, it gets zero attention. 

Im getting to the point, where I’d rather find a hard copy disk version that has the DLC than waste my time with the PSN Download and DLC.

• Like 2

ps3 should just have one huge digital blow out sale. but the store is shit. the relaly old store layout was so smooth and fast. but they dont want anyone buying shit from ps3 because theyd rather you buy ps now on ps4. they are doing everything to kill that console because they make more money on the new stuff. sad how expensive games are. they want $40 for games you can get for $5 lol

it would also be cool if developers activated dead servers for a month once a year or something. or each week a new dead server would go online for a week or something. they usually run more then one game on a server from what i understand. i dont really understand when they say "maintence" what exactly are they doing? throwing wrenches at a giant server lol

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...