Remasters, remakes and ports

dannyswfc9

Tony Hawk 1 + 2 has me smilling like a little kid again! This is exactly what I needed in a time like this. I"m loving this game and look forward to getting the platinum as I'm having so much fun with it. I will say though at my older age of 36 now I'm not as quick as I used to be. I'm really struggling with my reflexes from when I was a kid. It's pretty funny.

• Like 2

Rogue Galaxy

It's such an underrated game! Glad they brought it to PS4, I enjoyed ever single minute of it again.

Spyro: Reignited Trilogy

Spyro 3 was my first game for my PS1 and one of my favorite games in childhood. I also had the Spyro 1 demo and never got past the first world before. Besides those pesky flying levels, all 3 Spyro games are an absolute blast and they did a brilliant job with the Reignited Trilogy.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jpgelnette2 said:

I will say though at my older age of 36 now I'm not as quick as I used to be. I'm really struggling with my reflexes from when I was a kid. It's pretty funny.

I know exactly what you mean fella. Im slowly improving but my god this game is alot harder than i remember. Im loving the reverts and other additions from the newer games because i played 3 and 4 a bit more. Well what i remember i did anyway as i was a bit older

Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to see Crash and Spyro get their respective PS1 trilogies remade, as well as CTR. It was an absolute joy to play them and the devs did such a great job recapturing the nostalgic feeling of the original games.

And it's because of the success of N Sane that we're getting a new Crash game next month. Happy days!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Helyx said:

I whined about Valkyria Chronicles & we got a remaster. 

Cried about Dark Cloud & we got a port.

Moaned for more Demon's Souls & it's forthcoming. 

Any games y'all want me to complain about? (Next is Folklore & Dead Space)

Please whine about simpsons hit and run. Pretty please

1 minute ago, DogFoRaw5 said:

Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to see Crash and Spyro get their respective PS1 trilogies remade, as well as CTR. It was an absolute joy to play them and the devs did such a great job recapturing the nostalgic feeling of the original games.

And it's because of the success of N Sane that we're getting a new Crash game next month. Happy days!

Amen to that dogforaw. Proper buzzing for the new crash

• Like 2

Everything on that first list you mentioned, except for Crash Team Racing which I haven't purchased (yet), had me giddy as a school boy when I first fired them up. I'm 33 now, but so many memories came flooding back from the moment I got back into them. I can admit though, the reflexes have started to slow a bit over the years :P

Oddworld: New n Tasty was another that I had a blast with. My 0% completion isn't a fair indication for that, but I did finish the game without unlocking a single trophy, haha. 

I'd really love to see Gex 3D: Enter the Gecko rebuilt from the ground up, as well as Metal Gear Solid. A couple more "recent" games though would definitely be Folklore and Eternal Sonata. Oh and Square, if you're not tooooo busy, I'd love to play Dragon Quest VIII again! 

• Like 2

As i am not a big on remastered games anymore because it is a anoying cash grab for them but i am huge on remakes tho, for me was Resident Evil2 amazingly done, and it gave me nostalgia from original.

howeverstill dissapointed on Resident Evil3 because of the outakes they decided to do from original.

Old school Resident evil player all the way since 1998?

Still hoping for a Dino Crisis remake of the 2 first games?

For me #1 it's Skyrim, one of the best RPFGs i ever played. But i was really disappointed that i couldn't use any mod and that there were so few in comparison to the pc and xbox version. Still was a great experience and i played Dawnguard and Dragonborn DLCs :)

Besides that i bought Doom 3 PS4 right away when it was available and it was a cakewalk going through a 2nd time with a flashlight always. So it didn't feel as terrifying as the original pc version. But slso first time i played RoE and Lost Mission Expansions :)

One game that disappointed me was GTA VC simply cuz it was just the PS2 Version so there were no differences/updates/improvements. It still is my favorite GTA but one thing i dislike the most: Tommy Vercetti still can't swim? :(

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

I was really excited to see Crash N.Sane trillogy, Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled and Spyro: Re-ignited Trilogy. These have been my favorite ps1 games, so it was a really great opportunity to get the chance to replay all of these with improved visuals!  ?

I also quite enjoyed The remasters for the Last of Us and the Uncharted trilogy! I don't have a PS3, so it was a nice way to play these amazing series on my PS4!

I have heard amazing things about Resident Evil 2/3, Final Fantasy VII remake,  and Medievil, so i hope i will be able to try them out sometime in the future ?

Edited by xxEliteCDxx
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

So i want to know which remasters, remakes and ports have had your childhood rushing back to you and had you smiling from start to finish

All the DnD games that were published by Beamdog last year. I've got the platinums for all of them. Probably one of the first in the world to do it.

e9NRI6m.jpg?1

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

One game that disappointed me was GTA VC simply cuz it was just the PS2 Version so there were no differences/updates/improvements. It still is my favorite GTA but one thing i dislike the most: Tommy Vercetti still can't swim? :(

I get what you mean. I can live with gta 3 and san andreas just ports but i think vc deserved at least a half remaster. I still enjoyed the plat tho and listening to the songs from best decade of music

I cried happy tears when they announced the Final Fantasy 12 remaster, such a great game and so many good memories!
And the Kingdom Hearts collection. It is available on ps3 and I actually own it so it doesn't quite fit your PS4 topic, but at the time I bought it I was already looking forward to PS4 and rarely played PS3 anymore, wich made me 'forget' about the games. So when the collection got an 'upgrade' to PS4 obviousely I got excited! Bought the games eventually, played them and just enjoyed the nostalgia! ?

• Like 2

RESIDENT EVIL that released back on GameCube finally came to PS4 & RESIDENT EVIL 2 remake made me really happy & played both for hundreds of hours on PS4. Bayonetta & Vanquish as well. I might add Shadow of the Colossus (it's still in my backlog) because I really loved it a lot on PS2 & it showed you the power of PS2, like the muddy textures and all that. I was also so happy that Devil May Cry & Okami and Onimusha Warlords came to PS4 & pre order them in a heartbeat. 

I just want to see Parasite Eve & Fatal Frame next! 

In my 40's now (Blimey! I still remember getting my first 100% completion in my 20's).

This gen I've played many of the game which involve button mashing and stuff like that, and yeah, the old reflexes are shot to shite. You pups in your 30's have a world of ache ahead of you Mwahahahahahar! 

But in terms of Nostalgia, I was going to make Bully my 50th and final completion. The gaming industry isn't like the movie industry. A great movie will always be a great movie no matter what. But a great game can age badly unfortunately. but I know thats not the case with Bully. 

25 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

In my 40's now (Blimey! I still remember getting my first 100% completion in my 20's).

This gen I've played many of the game which involve button mashing and stuff like that, and yeah, the old reflexes are shot to shite. You pups in your 30's have a world of ache ahead of you Mwahahahahahar! 

But in terms of Nostalgia, I was going to make Bully my 50th and final completion. The gaming industry isn't like the movie industry. A great movie will always be a great movie no matter what. But a great game can age badly unfortunately. but I know thats not the case with Bully. 

I bloody loved plating bully or canis camen edit for my uk friends. Like you said it as aged really well

5 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

I bloody loved plating bully or canis camen edit for my uk friends. Like you said it as aged really well

I think it was called Bully right up until release for the UK. Back then Rockstar had this punk rock 'fuck the establishment its just a fucking game' attitude about them. But even they will fold when it comes to selling copies. Bit like Johnny Rotten and his butter adverts ha!

• Like 1

I think almost all my childhood games have been remastered. I'm 28 now and have been gaming since I was 10, with the Crash games being my first. I loved Crash Bash, DBZ budokai 2 and Sonic Heros but these were not remade. 

Crash Bandicoot N Sane trilogy

Crash Team Racing

Final Fantasy X, X-2 and XII

Spyro trilogy 

Metal Gear Solid HD collection

Kingdom Hearts 1.5, 2.5, 2.8 (for DDD)

The FF and KH games were the most nostalgic for me as I poured millions of hours into them, especially FFX-2. 

Not my childhood games but great remasters were also FF7, 8 and 9. I'd love the see the 13 series or maybe XII RW remade one day

Not playstation, but Pokemon Soul Silver and Alpha Sapphire were remakes of my two favourite pokemon games silver and sapphire. Same with the DS ports of FF3 and 4.