Why do a lot of players try to hack the trophies?

stealthlevel100

I cannot believe there's a guy on PSNProfiles and unlocks one of the trophies for 10-60 seconds in Crypt of the NecroDancer and other games as well. (LBP3 PS4 was one of them I was the #1 fastest achiever on the PS4 stack, and he unlocked all of the trophies in 21 seconds so I decided to reported him for this.)

51 minutes ago, MiserySQRL said:

I cannot believe there's a guy on PSNProfiles and unlocks one of the trophies for 10-60 seconds in Crypt of the NecroDancer and other games as well. (LBP3 PS4 was one of them I was the #1 fastest achiever on the PS4 stack, and he unlocked all of the trophies in 21 seconds so I decided to reported him for this.)

Unfortunately the leaderboards are riddled with cheaters, it seems to be getting worse. I'm sure this site has a CFW detection? If so it doesn't work. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MiserySQRL said:

I am glad you reported him. Such a disgrace such people are.

7 hours ago, Melachorn said:

Why do people do it? Authism and ocd. Why should anyone care? No idea.

Just some pussies who cannot even work through games to earn plats legit.

Many gamers are using saved game files to get trophies instantly while others are using hacks to pop them on ps3 and vita (not sure if this is possible on ps4, "yet"). I think PSNprofiles should really do something to filter out and ban such profiles who are exhibiting such clearly suspicious behavior.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2021 at 2:45 AM, Amalrik69 said:

For example, I noticed this account recently.

https://psnprofiles.com/SetSunAvc

Difficult to report for most of games as the unlock orders are pretty clean, the games are not completed under impossible timing. But it looks obvious to me these account shall be banned from leaderboard for few reasons

- plenty of game have the exact same completion time (« 4 days, ~20hours »).

- For Crypt of the Necrodancer, he obtained the platinum before the official game release date and in only 4 days. But the DLC have been completed in 2020 so it displays 5 years as overall completion time.

I don’t own the game so I can’t report him myself but you can do it if you have the report button activated.

There’s also the issue of there not being at least 3 suspicious trophies per game; I was scrolling through and noticed a few inconsistencies (the one that most glaringly stood out to me was Yomiwari: Midnight Shadows, where he earned the trophy for completing the Prologue at the same time as the Platinum, but had the “Clear All Chapters” completed the day before.) But there should really be an option to flag a profile in general; someone completing dozens of games a day within seconds of one another and all of them having 4 days ~20 hours as their completion time is a giant red flag. Or should be.

On 4/1/2021 at 2:45 AM, Amalrik69 said:

Edited by Ashande
Double post glitch issue
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Probably because this is the toughest platinum in the world, and they want to get their hands on it so they can show it off. This game can be played on Vita, so just like Super Meat Boy, there will be cheaters here and there using the Vita port to autopop the platinum or autopop certain trophies to make it seem they are legit.