To Plow the Sea trophy

I created this topic because I didn't found the other one about this glitch, then I realized that this is the european version of the game. But the glitch is the same. For more info, there's a topic about this in the NA version's forum.

I contacted 2k support again about this glitch, and here's their answer:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x3PbtyGE4TmkuzjULzbucmpthBxV_ZI_/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wyWBzIoSQwU1tnoe9S7lSqKfpIUsqXVM/view?usp=drivesdk

Edited by KenpachiDaniel
  • Like 1

I just checked on the PSN app, and the percentage has now gone up to 0.1% after over 6 months since release. So unless that was the Dev team testing it, or it was hacked(?) then we don't know who managed to make it pop, PSN profile still has it at 0. Would be nice if they told you how it was obtained rather than 'we can get the trophy' with no other explanation

2 minutes ago, Heather342 said:

I just checked on the PSN app, and the percentage has now gone up to 0.1% after over 6 months since release. So unless that was the Dev team testing it, or it was hacked(?) then we don't know who managed to make it pop, PSN profile still has it at 0. Would be nice if they told you how it was obtained rather than 'we can get the trophy' with no other explanation

Another one that I'm willing to wager is just hacked.

On 16/09/2020 at 0:42 PM, Heather342 said:

On 16/09/2020 at 0:45 PM, DaivRules said:

Another one that I'm willing to wager is just hacked.

After that email I sent them, they asked me to fill another report explaining the whole situation, step by step. It wasn't the first time. I gave as much info as I could. They sent me another email today saying that they are investigate the issue. I just checked the percentage now and that probably means they are really fixing this. That's a surprise, I wasn't expecting this anymore. I hope this trophy will be fixed in the next patch, I'm waiting for this to buy the game.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, KenpachiDaniel said:

After that email I sent them, they asked me to fill another report explaining the whole situation, step by step. It wasn't the first time. I gave as much info as I could. They sent me another email today saying that they are investigate the issue. I just checked the percentage now and that probably means they are really fixing this. That's a surprise, I wasn't expecting this anymore. I hope this trophy will be fixed in the next patch, I'm waiting for this to buy the game.

Don't get your hopes up, because it's almost certainly a hacker that has the trophy and not a developer.

How far has everyone got with this trophy?

Has anyone continued after using all 10 Generals?

There's a 99% chance that I'm wasting my time but I'm currently testing whether using more than the 10 required Generals will eventually unlock this trophy.

So far I've used every General a minimum of 2 times and some even 4/5 times with no success. 

On 19/09/2020 at 5:46 PM, reiner- said:

How far has everyone got with this trophy?

Has anyone continued after using all 10 Generals?

There's a 99% chance that I'm wasting my time but I'm currently testing whether using more than the 10 required Generals will eventually unlock this trophy.

So far I've used every General a minimum of 2 times and some even 4/5 times with no success. 

I was reading your comment today, and I thought about something that could work. I don't have the game, so correct me if I'm wrong, but if you or anyone reading is willing to try this method, here we go:

Have you tried to stack all 10 different generals and retiring all of them in one go? I know that we can't have all 10 in one match, just 8 (I think).

So, you start the game, playing all eras and earning the generals, and leaving them idling somewhere and after getting the last one, save the game. Then you start another match and try to get the rest and save in another file. And after this, you retire all of them without repeating the same general, load the other game and retire the rest.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2020 at 2:23 AM, KenpachiDaniel said:

I was reading your comment today, and I thought about something that could work. I don't have the game, so correct me if I'm wrong, but if you or anyone reading is willing to try this method, here we go:

Have you tried to stack all 10 different generals and retiring all of them in one go? I know that we can't have all 10 in one match, just 8 (I think).

So, you start the game, playing all eras and earning the generals, and leaving them idling somewhere and after getting the last one, save the game. Then you start another match and try to get the rest and save in another file. And after this, you retire all of them without repeating the same general, load the other game and retire the rest.

Right.

So this is what I've done.

I got all 10 Generals across 4 saves (no doubles). I retired all of them in succession by loading each save. Nothing.

I did the same thing again but made sure I ended the turn each time after retiring each General. Nothing

My last try was to have 10 save files all saved under the corresponding Generals name so I was 100% sure there was no mistake and I wasn't missing anyone and of course, Nothing.

• Like 3

On 04/10/2020 at 10:30 AM, reiner- said:

Right.

So this is what I've done.

I got all 10 Generals across 4 saves (no doubles). I retired all of them in succession by loading each save. Nothing.

I did the same thing again but made sure I ended the turn each time after retiring each General. Nothing

My last try was to have 10 save files all saved under the corresponding Generals name so I was 100% sure there was no mistake and I wasn't missing anyone and of course, Nothing.

Ok. At least we have more proof that 2k support lied about saying that they tested the trophy and it was working. I don't think they will fix this anymore. Neither the new glitched trophy.

Edit: Did you saved each game after retiring them before loading the next?

Edited by KenpachiDaniel
  • Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 0:33 AM, KenpachiDaniel said:

Ok. At least we have more proof that 2k support lied about saying that they tested the trophy and it was working. I don't think they will fix this anymore. Neither the new glitched trophy.

Edit: Did you saved each game after retiring them before loading the next?

I didn't make a new save.

I only ended the turn after retiring them so it would autosave. That's where I could be going wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reiner- said:

I didn't make a new save.

I only ended the turn after retiring them so it would autosave. That's where I could be going wrong.

Well, if the game autosaves every turn, I guess it would work if the trophy wasn't glitched. But when you load the other match, and end another turn, the game doesn't overwrite the autosave? Or there's an autosave for each match? If there's only one, then when you load the 3rd match, the game wouldn't recognize the progress of the first match anymore. Maybe trying to save manually each match after you retire the generals and end the turn could work.

Probably it won't work, unless the trophy progress is directly attached to each save. But who knows? I have seen this kind of bs in other games.

It would be good to discover a workaround for this one, since now we know that the new trophy isn't glitched.

Edited by KenpachiDaniel
  • Like 1

On 10/7/2020 at 9:13 AM, KenpachiDaniel said:

Well, if the game autosaves every turn, I guess it would work if the trophy wasn't glitched. But when you load the other match, and end another turn, the game doesn't overwrite the autosave? Or there's an autosave for each match? If there's only one, then when you load the 3rd match, the game wouldn't recognize the progress of the first match anymore. Maybe trying to save manually each match after you retire the generals and end the turn could work.

Probably it won't work, unless the trophy progress is directly attached to each save. But who knows? I have seen this kind of bs in other games.

It would be good to discover a workaround for this one, since now we know that the new trophy isn't glitched.

I tried your idea last night by making extra saves after retiring the Generals and before loading the next game but still had no luck.

Looks like the other buggy trophy is obtainable now (even though it won't work for me) so we're back to one unobtainable. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, reiner- said:

I tried your idea last night by making extra saves after retiring the Generals and before loading the next game but still had no luck.

Looks like the other buggy trophy is obtainable now (even though it won't work for me) so we're back to one unobtainable. 

Ok. I don't have any other ideas. Let's keep hoping for a patch. About the other trophy, has anybody asked the guys how they unlocked it? Today, a new guy got the trophy in the european version.

Edited by KenpachiDaniel

12 minutes ago, KenpachiDaniel said:

Ok. I don't have any other ideas. Let's keep hoping for a patch. About the other trophy, has anybody asked the guys how they unlocked it? Today, a new guy got the trophy in the european version.

Is it possible to "invite" him in this discussion?

15 hours ago, KenpachiDaniel said:

@voxman90 @Johnny555455 Hello. Could you guys please share with us how did you unlock the trophy Things Fall Apart?

Hi!

At first, I tried to create a game in the Middle Ages and put cities under three neighbors. And then with the help of governors, political courses, and units to lose them at the same time.
It didn't work out.

The transition to the Dark Age occurs after a turn. And my cities didn't fall all at same time. Some immediately, and some only after choosing the policy of the Dark Age. Again and again. One-three, two-one, two-zero cities.

After many unsuccessful attempts to take the achievement by trick, I decided to combine business with pleasure, chose Bolivar and went on an endless military campaign. But the cities still didn't fall! And I either couldn't go out into the Dark Age or have enough "problem" cities.
Having conquered practically the entire map (standard), I finally did not get to the Golden Age. Loyalty fell in about three cities. And to be honest, I didn't think it would work this time.

When I clicked on skip a move, an achievement dropped out and the game crashed! 

[I will say that in this mode, the game on ps4 behaves unstable. To complete the game, I had to forcibly capture the capital of the German, because I could not get the next era because of the crashes. But this is a lyric.]

I lost 11 cities. At one point.

Why did so many fall?

I used a trick. Some of the cities fell before the end of the era, and I capture them back about two moves before the next era. I also captured some cities about three or two moves before the next era. But most of those who fell off were in the middle of the empire and had no problems with loyalty.

When I restarted the game, I repeated the same thing and made a record. Here you can see how much was, how much fell off.

"To plow the sea" is buggy. Either it has the wrong description.

Edited by voxman90
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, voxman90 said:

Hi!

At first, I tried to create a game in the Middle Ages and put cities under three neighbors. And then with the help of governors, political courses, and units to lose them at the same time.
It didn't work out.

The transition to the Dark Age occurs after a turn. And my cities didn't fall all at same time. Some immediately, and some only after choosing the policy of the Dark Age. Again and again. One-three, two-one, two-zero cities.

After many unsuccessful attempts to take the achievement by trick, I decided to combine business with pleasure, chose Bolivar and went on an endless military campaign. But the cities still didn't fall! And I either couldn't go out into the Dark Age or have enough "problem" cities.
Having conquered practically the entire map (standard), I finally did not get to the Golden Age. Loyalty fell in about three cities. And to be honest, I didn't think it would work this time.

When I clicked on skip a move, an achievement dropped out and the game crashed! 

[I will say that in this mode, the game on ps4 behaves unstable. To complete the game, I had to forcibly capture the capital of the German, because I could not get the next era because of the crashes. But this is a lyric.]

I lost 11 cities. At one point.

Why did so many fall?

I used a trick. Some of the cities fell before the end of the era, and I capture them back about two moves before the next era. I also captured some cities about three or two moves before the next era. But most of those who fell off were in the middle of the empire and had no problems with loyalty.

When I restarted the game, I repeated the same thing and made a record. Here you can see how much was, how much fell off.

"To plow the sea" is buggy. Either it has the wrong description.

Thanks. Looks like this trophy is very glitched too, probably the only way to unlock it is by doing a match exactly like yours.

And yeah, To Plow the Sea is unattainable. And 2k probably won't do anything about this. They know about the issue since the release, and as you can see in my post, a few weeks ago, when I talked with them, they said that the trophy is unlocking when they tested it, and then they promised that they will fix it. But until now, they didn't.

I'm very disappointed, since I love Civ and I really wanted to play, but I'll only buy if I can make 100%.

Edited by KenpachiDaniel

25 minutes ago, KenpachiDaniel said:

Thanks. Looks like this trophy is very glitched too, probably the only way to unlock it is by doing a match exactly like yours.

And yeah, To Plow the Sea is unattainable. And 2k probably won't do anything about this. They know about the issue since the release, and as you can see in my post, a few weeks ago, when I talked with them, they said that the trophy is unlocking when they tested it, and then they promised that they will fix it. But until now, they didn't.

I'm very disappointed, since I love Civ and I really wanted to play, but I'll only buy if I can make 100%.

Maybe, although I got the achievement immediately after four or more cities fell at the same time (before that, four also fell, but they did not fall simultaneously). And, one more detail, at first I tried to get an achievement at the first change of era.

I think this achievement may have a hidden condition that you go to the dark age from the Golden age, and not from the ordinary age to the dark age.

As for Bolivar. I like Great Columbia, but I would like to play with other civilizations as well.
Rechecking "To Plow the Sea" is a chore. I'm sure that the achievement also has a hidden condition. Or its description is completely incorrect.

Needless to say, the support service does not know exactly what you need to do for the achievement? I did 10 generals in the latest version. I did missing and ten generals when extensions are disabled (because in the standard version, some have different effect when activated). I even separately made the missing Comandante for Rise and Fall. All 13 are unique. I received them, I activated them.
If the game had a counter so that you could track the progress of achievements, it would make things a hundred times easier - you would immediately see what works and what doesn't.

I have a couple of guesses left. Maybe we are not talking about a unique Commander? What about getting and activating all 7's per game multiple times? But that's a hell of a lot of time. How many times do I have to do this? Two, five, ten?

In general, this is terrible.

You're doing the right thing. You vote with money - that's the voice they hear. But the fact that the players have been complaining for months - they don't care.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, voxman90 said:

Maybe, although I got the achievement immediately after four or more cities fell at the same time (before that, four also fell, but they did not fall simultaneously). And, one more detail, at first I tried to get an achievement at the first change of era.

I think this achievement may have a hidden condition that you go to the dark age from the Golden age, and not from the ordinary age to the dark age.

As for Bolivar. I like Great Columbia, but I would like to play with other civilizations as well.
Rechecking "To Plow the Sea" is a chore. I'm sure that the achievement also has a hidden condition. Or its description is completely incorrect.

Needless to say, the support service does not know exactly what you need to do for the achievement? I did 10 generals in the latest version. I did missing and ten generals when extensions are disabled (because in the standard version, some have different effect when activated). I even separately made the missing Comandante for Rise and Fall. All 13 are unique. I received them, I activated them.
If the game had a counter so that you could track the progress of achievements, it would make things a hundred times easier - you would immediately see what works and what doesn't.

I have a couple of guesses left. Maybe we are not talking about a unique Commander? What about getting and activating all 7's per game multiple times? But that's a hell of a lot of time. How many times do I have to do this? Two, five, ten?

In general, this is terrible.

You're doing the right thing. You vote with money - that's the voice they hear. But the fact that the players have been complaining for months - they don't care.

The support is just saying empty words. I doubt they tried anything at all. They just say that they're working on it because they cannot say otherwise.

What do you mean by "not a unique general"? Also, one guy already tried to retire the generals multiple times:

But you gave me a new idea now. You said that with the new updates, there are 13 Comandante Generals now? How about you try the same method I asked @reiner-?

Getting all 13 unique generals in multiple games, saving each game in a different file, and retiring them all in one go?

And there's another possibility, now that I think of it, but it's more time consuming. But I can't believe that anyone tried this already: The game have an autosave feature and the trophy might be connected with it. It means that the trophy will only unlock if you start a game, play all eras and use all generals, win the match. Then, start another match and do the same until you retire all 13 generals.

Also, I don't know if repeating the same general while doing this method can interfere with the counter, so it's better to use each general one time.

And one more thing: it's possible to play the base game with just the Bolivia Pack, deleting Rise and Fall, Gathering Storm and the other packs? If so, maybe it's worth a shot playing the game like this and getting the 10 generals. There's a similar issue with The Crew. There's a trophy to play every event in the base game, but if a DLC is installed, you need to do the added events too.

I hope one of these ideas works, because it must have a solution. Someone got this trophy in the european version, but we don't know who. It can be a hacker, but who knows?

Edited by KenpachiDaniel
  • Like 4