yukon

Socom servers POTENTIAL reboot

12 posts in this topic

 

 

Would love to see this game come back on, a nice rare platinum lost to a bunch of suits looking to save pennies

Edited by yukonv
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately If they ever rebooted SOCOM, it would most certainly not be this game back on ps3 and even if, not just bringing back some dead servers that barely anyone would be playing on anyway other than boosting. Plus didn't the devs for this go bankrupt a while ago?

 

Sorry if im being captain obvious here hehe :P 

 

I would ADORE a new SOCOM game however and would love another one. What you can do for this game tho is wait for a third party service to resurrect it themselves.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Incoming carbon copy battle royale with the name 'SOCOM' slapped on it...

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sergen said:

The "reboot" in this case would be fixing the online servers and potentially make earning the platinum for this game possible again.

 

Good stuff, just wish I coulda played Dungeon Defenders online with someone again.

 

Still, if/when another SOCOM game gets published, anyone wanna take bets on whether it's a battle royale cash grab?

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully SOCOM 4 can be fixed later down the line too to make 1) the series fully obtainable, and 2 ) those excellent hand drawn trophy images earnable again.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Helyx said:

 

Good stuff, just wish I coulda played Dungeon Defenders online with someone again.

 

Still, if/when another SOCOM game gets published, anyone wanna take bets on whether it's a battle royale cash grab?

Ill take bets with you... it probably will be..  :( 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, royal642award said:

Ill take bets with you... it probably will be..  :( 

 

Not to derail the thread, but if a new (or even remade/remastered) SOCOM comes out for PS5, I'll buy OP a copy (unless it's battle royale).

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2020 at 5:29 PM, Sergen said:

The thread title doesn't give it away, but I know you yourself are familiar with Gonespy and how it fixed Bulletstorm's online. 


I love how people say Gonespy and not Gamespy. 
 

Gamespy was the first online platform I used outside of MMOs. Played some Giants: Citizen Kabuto back in the day on the PC, was a lot of fun.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spaz said:


I love how people say Gonespy and not Gamespy. 
 

Gamespy was the first online platform I used outside of MMOs. Played some Giants: Citizen Kabuto back in the day on the PC, was a lot of fun.

 

Gonespy was a project that was made to fix the online servers for Bulletstorm by a third party, this thread suggests that similar work is being done on SOCOM Confrontation. @Helyx seemed to initially assume that the thread was advertising a franchise reboot in the form of a re-release, I am aware that he tested out most games that used Gamespy's server to see if Gonespy helped so I informed him in my post that the "reboot" previously mentioned in the thread was comparable to what Gonespy had done for Bulletstorm, rather than being a Battle Royale re-release that he initially posted about.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sergen said:

 

Gonespy was a project that was made to fix the online servers for Bulletstorm by a third party, this thread suggests that similar work is being done on SOCOM Confrontation. @Helyx seemed to initially assume that the thread was advertising a franchise reboot in the form of a re-release, I am aware that he tested out most games that used Gamespy's server to see if Gonespy helped so I informed him in my post that the "reboot" previously mentioned in the thread was comparable to what Gonespy had done for Bulletstorm, rather than being a Battle Royale re-release that he initially posted about.


Gamespy went dead in 2014, so it’s good that Gonespy has done something. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sergen said:

Battle Royale re-release that he initially posted about.

 

Yeah, that's my fault and it seems to have inadvertently crapped on OP's thread. Gamespy was cool, but I spent more time with XBAND and MPlayer in the mid-90s.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.