Socom servers POTENTIAL reboot

yukon

Unfortunately If they ever rebooted SOCOM, it would most certainly not be this game back on ps3 and even if, not just bringing back some dead servers that barely anyone would be playing on anyway other than boosting. Plus didn't the devs for this go bankrupt a while ago?

Sorry if im being captain obvious here hehe :P 

I would ADORE a new SOCOM game however and would love another one. What you can do for this game tho is wait for a third party service to resurrect it themselves.

4 minutes ago, Sergen said:

The "reboot" in this case would be fixing the online servers and potentially make earning the platinum for this game possible again.

Good stuff, just wish I coulda played Dungeon Defenders online with someone again.

Still, if/when another SOCOM game gets published, anyone wanna take bets on whether it's a battle royale cash grab?

• Like 3

Just now, royal642award said:

Ill take bets with you... it probably will be..  :( 

Not to derail the thread, but if a new (or even remade/remastered) SOCOM comes out for PS5, I'll buy OP a copy (unless it's battle royale).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2020 at 5:29 PM, Sergen said:

The thread title doesn't give it away, but I know you yourself are familiar with Gonespy and how it fixed Bulletstorm's online. 

I love how people say Gonespy and not Gamespy. 

Gamespy was the first online platform I used outside of MMOs. Played some Giants: Citizen Kabuto back in the day on the PC, was a lot of fun.

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

I love how people say Gonespy and not Gamespy. 

Gamespy was the first online platform I used outside of MMOs. Played some Giants: Citizen Kabuto back in the day on the PC, was a lot of fun.

Gonespy was a project that was made to fix the online servers for Bulletstorm by a third party, this thread suggests that similar work is being done on SOCOM Confrontation. @Helyx seemed to initially assume that the thread was advertising a franchise reboot in the form of a re-release, I am aware that he tested out most games that used Gamespy's server to see if Gonespy helped so I informed him in my post that the "reboot" previously mentioned in the thread was comparable to what Gonespy had done for Bulletstorm, rather than being a Battle Royale re-release that he initially posted about.

• Like 2

Just now, Sergen said:

Gonespy was a project that was made to fix the online servers for Bulletstorm by a third party, this thread suggests that similar work is being done on SOCOM Confrontation. @Helyx seemed to initially assume that the thread was advertising a franchise reboot in the form of a re-release, I am aware that he tested out most games that used Gamespy's server to see if Gonespy helped so I informed him in my post that the "reboot" previously mentioned in the thread was comparable to what Gonespy had done for Bulletstorm, rather than being a Battle Royale re-release that he initially posted about.

Gamespy went dead in 2014, so it’s good that Gonespy has done something. 

1 hour ago, Sergen said:

Battle Royale re-release that he initially posted about.

Yeah, that's my fault and it seems to have inadvertently crapped on OP's thread. Gamespy was cool, but I spent more time with XBAND and MPlayer in the mid-90s.

• Like 1