Let's face it, we were sold an unfinished game

skazzzz4

6 minutes ago, Helyx said:

We've all been down this road and some of us have learned our lesson. Is this your first time?

VEtV9ZB.gif

I knew, I knew. I played the beta. I thought the final product would be better.

I rolled the dice and took a chance.  I trusted Square Enix, but this is not great.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Do you remember the FF14 launch? The ceo had to come out and applogize for the game.

Well, the second, true launch.  

They did make up for it, they admitted they F'd up.  They shut it down and fixed everything.

I don't see them doing that with this game.

Well at the end of it all games now seem to come out in a broken state, it is one of the reasons why people love ghost of tsushima. As that game was basically a finished game and the only things that they needed to fixed was the super fast load screens barely giving you any time to read the tips along with items not popping up where they are meant to be, yes there is bugs but it is not super glitchy like say fallout 76 or 7 days to die.

Edit. As another note to add to it. most of all new games now are like this, with game breaking bugs and bugs in general, I feel old when I say it but back in the ps2 days and earlier ps3 days and middle part of the ps3. Most of the games work well with nearly no bugs. Now, it is get it out even thought it is broken and even if it is rushed, they don't care due to the fact they get your money. It is a damn anyone who dares say anything wrong about it as we just want that sweet money you all have. Now adays it is hard to see real devs and publishers work to make the games have no bugs or play test it completely so things are fair and even handed then one sided or unfair and so on.

Edited by KANERKB
  • Like 3

Honestly, I haven't preordered any games since Duke Nukem Forever. So I learned my lesson a long time ago when a game release to wait 3 months to see if the hype dies down or if it's still being praised. If people are still talking about the game with good opinion on it, then I might think about buying it when it goes on sale. I haven't bought any games priced over $30 for years.

Edited by dakk55
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, skazzzz4 said:

Diablo 3 was a complete game. So was Minecraft dungeons.  Those are loot games. How about World of Warcraft and Final Fantasy 14? Complete games.

You're lying to yourself buddy.

The console port of the original PC launch of D3? The two are drastically different then what you have now. 

Minecraft dungeons launched with a placeorder and ad for DLC.

Edited by TJ_Solo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Helyx said:

It hurts, I know. Thanks to shit like this, I don't pre-order games. I won't purchase a product 'Day-1'. Anything that has some type of Season Pass or 'Content Roadmap', I will not purchase (unless a functional all-in-one GoTY is available at a huge discount). Get it right the first time, or I'll spend my money elsewhere.

There's no season pass for this game. All of the content that's coming to the game will be free of charge. 

8 minutes ago, marine75364007 said:

There's no season pass for this game. All of the content that's coming to the game will be free of charge. 

Yeah, I get it. It was more of a blanket remark for all games past, present and future.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skazzzz4 said:

-Boring loot system, loot doesn't appear on characters.

Loot was never supposed to appear on characters. They're supposed to boost stats. Skins appear on characters and their purpose was to change appearance.

I will agree that it'd be cool if you could mix and match certain pieces of skins like chest, arms, legs, head, but I'm not gonna complain that something that was meant to boost stats doesn't physically appear on the character.

I know experiences vary nowadays in games but..

My crew of 4 including me have run into very few bugs.

Trophies have unlocked fine for all of us.

Story is solid, worst part was not being able to be the character I wanted to be.

I absolutely love the loot system.  As nothing is worse than having a better piece of gear and hate its appearance.  I personally have used a lesser gear item in other looters or RPG's because of the appearance or weapon type.  Like Division and all I want is a Vector or Sniper Rifle, and I am getting fricken LMG's and Shotguns.  No thanks, I'll stick with the weapon I want.  

As far as games releasing unfinished, I think Marvel's Avengers released better than Destiny 1, Anthem, Wildlands, and 76.  I know that isn't sayin much.  However, my experience has been near flawless.  Yes, more needs to come.  But that's what all of you "Games as a Service", "Live Service" fans have deemed acceptable.  

Most of you have maid this bed, now lay in it.  

Edited by NxtDoc
Spell check
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, NxtDoc said:

I know experiences vary nowadays in games but..

My crew of 4 including me have run into very few bugs.

Trophies have unlocked fine for all of us.

Story is solid, worst part was not being able to be the character I wanted to be.

I absolutely love the loot system.  As nothing is worse than having a better piece of gear and hate its appearance.  I personally have used a lesser gear item in other looters or RPG's because of the appearance or weapon type.  Like Division and all I want is a Vector or Sniper Rifle, and I am getting fricken LMG's and Shotguns.  No thanks, I'll stick with the weapon I want.  

As far as games releasing unfinished, I think Marvel's Avengers released better than Destiny 1, Anthem, Wildlands, and 76.  I know that isn't sayin much.  However, my experience has been near flawless.  Yes, more needs to come.  But that's what all of you "Games as a Service", "Live Service" fans have deemed acceptable.  

Most of you have maid this bed, now lay in it.  

Personally I’ve not experienced any problems. Odd glitch here and there but nothing game breaking and I agree the story was amazing. 

I have to agree with the OP though, the post game is getting boring pretty quickly. Even Destiny/Division would keep me interested for a few months after each update. Just over a week in on this and I’m feeling the chore already. Only two bosses? On repeat? Boring 

Having said that I’m excited for the games future, the endless directions it could go, all the characters and story arcs they could choose. It’s the start of a much bigger picture and will only get better. I just hope they put their focus into polishing up the game better 

• Like 1

When finished games get released (such as Ghost of Tsushima, God of War for examples), the bar is set pretty high with new AAA releases, especially when they have a big name to go off of too. The force fed advertising almost made us believe without a doubt it was going to be a finished game, but that’s just the misleading marketing for you. You can never fully trust making a day 1 purchase anymore, but early play testing for this game and getting a feel for it in beta should’ve been enough to get a grasp of what they were going to put out. I feel bad for those who paid $60 for this.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

You weren't sold an unfinished game. You were sold a loot based game. Every single one of them launches in this state. But 12-18 months from now, it'll have more content than 95% of the games on the market. 2-3 years from now it'll have be an incredible game with an impossible amount of content.

This is how the genre works, and has almost a decade now. If you expected anything more, that's on you for not paying attention.

This reminds me of the No man's sky treatment.  I heard the game is great now.  I held back on buying the Avengers game...patience!!

• Like 1