Let's face it, we were sold an unfinished game

skazzzz4

2 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

GaaS is a scam, at least in the way most companies implement it. Imagine fifteen years ago being told that a publisher was going to intentionally ship a half-cooked game for full price but they pinky-promise it will be better in 12 months, just buy it now and trust them. And it isn't as if they hide it either, yet folks buy into it anyway.

People lost their shit over horse armour in Oblivion...that seems like so long ago.

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, skazzzz4 said:

I knew, I knew. I played the beta. I thought the final product would be better.

I rolled the dice and took a chance.  I trusted Square Enix, but this is not great.

Well you shouldn't have. They made FFXV after all, which they never even finished. And that was going to charge you the entire time.

This is funny to me. Destiny was the last time I invest in any Service Game. Yet people bought 2 and were shocked at how shit it was and how little content it had, even though it was literally the same shit with the first game. I'll play a free service game, if it's at least fun but I ain't spending money on that shit.

Some people will just never learn it seems. Beta wasn't even fun so idk why people would even buy it.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, TJ_Solo said:

It is not from that team.

After DX MD failed I saw news about devs being send to develop some untitled Marvel game.

Now I went to check and here's what wiki says:

"After the release of Mankind Divided, rumors began circulating that a prospective sequel had been cancelled and Square Enix had put the Deus Ex series on hold because of disappointing sales. The rumors were compounded after Eidos Montréal shifted to work on Shadow of the Tomb Raider and an untitled, licensed game based on the comic properties of Marvel Entertainment which was later revealed to be Marvel's Avengers."

1 hour ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

everyone knew this game would be shit. because it looked it right from the start, the beta comes out and everyone says it's boring and copying anthem. destiny was boring but even that looked like it had more going for it then this shitty game so u get what u pay for.

just add a variable to your life. IF Live Service Game = DO NOT BUY.

Everyone didn't say that. Most of the negativity comes from people that are always negative, poorly informed, and lie lot.

you know the sort, the ones the make generalizations such as "Live Service = Do not buy" as if they'd have any credible information or rational thought to discuss the pros/cons of specific games.

3 minutes ago, guy who says bruh said:

After DX MD failed I saw news about devs being send to develop some untitled Marvel game.

Now I went to check and here's what wiki says:

"After the release of Mankind Divided, rumors began circulating that a prospective sequel had been cancelled and Square Enix had put the Deus Ex series on hold because of disappointing sales. The rumors were compounded after Eidos Montréal shifted to work on Shadow of the Tomb Raider and an untitled, licensed game based on the comic properties of Marvel Entertainment which was later revealed to be Marvel's Avengers."

The game is from Crystal Dynamics.

Eidos helped but are not credited.

Not sure why games from Eidos are magically bad or something you want to use to poison the well....sad really. Poor logic.

• Like 4

I mean I personally am enjoying the game so far but i've only played the campaign at the moment and other than a few stutters in the opening cut scene I've not had any problems and I'm on a base PS4 but from what I've seen other people say the game does have issues yes (including loot, overpriced mtx's and performance issues to name a few) but those issues are fixable if given time but I feel like everybody is already jumping on the hate train with this game and not giving the devs the chance to make it in the game it could be. Should the game have come out in it's current state no it shouldn't have but by having more people play it the quicker these issues are found and can be fixed.

56 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Everyone didn't say that. Most of the negativity comes from people that are always negative, poorly informed, and lie lot.

you know the sort, the ones the make generalizations such as "Live Service = Do not buy" as if they'd have any credible information or rational thought to discuss the pros/cons of specific games.

The game is from Crystal Dynamics.

Eidos helped but are not credited.

Not sure why games from Eidos are magically bad or something you want to use to poison the well....sad really. Poor logic.

Their arguments have been pretty poor. Don’t know who they think they are that they can outright tell people they made a bad choice buying the game and ‘wasted’ their money. I spent £75 on the deluxe edition and have no regrets... my money, my opinion!

FFXV was great 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

You weren't sold an unfinished game. You were sold a loot based game. Every single one of them launches in this state. But 12-18 months from now, it'll have more content than 95% of the games on the market. 2-3 years from now it'll have be an incredible game with an impossible amount of content.

This is how the genre works, and has almost a decade now. If you expected anything more, that's on you for not paying attention.

This right here. Everyone groaned at D1 and D2 in year one, and by year 3 it was clear there was much more polish, the direction has been established and the game has it's own rhythm. I was very disappointed when I played Destiny 2 on release, but months later it was easily one of the games ive sunk the most hours into. The content will come, these are live service games that grow and expand..this has been going on for years I'm not sure what people were expecting, 1000s of hours of endgame content and gameplay loop available on launch? When has that ever happened?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

I dont how anyone that purchased it couldn't see the corporate greed all over this title

Don't miss your chance to get the Virgin Media skins. Fucking christ.

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 4

I think it'd be much better if they sorted out the MP aspect of it, can never find people online to play with but maybe just nobody bought it like me? :D

I quite enjoy the gameplay loop, the endgame of fighting the same bosses every day for faction rewards its getting a bit old but as it's a live service game I expect them to be adding in new content.

I've not found the micro transactions to be too invasive so far but I'd always rather they weren't there. 

I'm the sort of person who enjoyed Star Wars Battlefront by EA so ya know, I might have poor taste! :D

Edited by GeneralBoldOne
  • Like 1

Nothing changes if nothing changes. I'm talking about buying habits. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. Companies that do this must be feeding off of something, or they wouldn't exist. Right? It obviously isn't their love for creating great products. So what is it? You are always voting with your wallet. The day you start taking that seriously is the day you affect very real change.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Shua_J said:

Nothing changes if nothing changes. I'm talking about buying habits. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. Companies that do this must be feeding off of something, or they wouldn't exist. Right? It obviously isn't their love for creating great products. So what is it? You are always voting with your wallet. The day you start taking that seriously is the day you affect very real change.

Your posts assumes everyone that bought the game has the same issues and are equally upset. 

The problem with "vote with your wallet" is that you assume people agree with what direction you want any given industry to go in.

Companies that do what? Every company I can think of makes products they want to sell and make more products based on what does sell. The "passion" or "love" the employees of said companies have is never brought into question when you people happen to like a certain product but then you people make the asinine assumption that employees have no passion because you personally don't like another product. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TJ_Solo said:

Your posts assumes everyone that bought the game has the same issues and are equally upset. 

The problem with "vote with your wallet" is that you assume people agree with what direction you want any given industry to go in.

Companies that do what? Every company I can think of makes products they want to sell and make more products based on what does sell. The "passion" or "love" the employees of said companies have is never brought into question when you people happen to like a certain product but then you people make the asinine assumption that employees have no passion because you personally don't like another product. 

Your post is pure assumption. I never stated whether I liked the game or not. Not my problem. Not my circus...not my monkeys. My prescription is for anybody who wants to affect change...no matter what the position. I'm stating his issues with a company. Not my personal feelings on said company. My aim is to inform the gamer...whichever way that falls...that they have power in any given situation. A position that is actively downplayed by the industry itself.

19 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

You weren't sold an unfinished game. You were sold a loot based game. Every single one of them launches in this state. But 12-18 months from now, it'll have more content than 95% of the games on the market. 2-3 years from now it'll have be an incredible game with an impossible amount of content.

This is how the genre works, and has almost a decade now. If you expected anything more, that's on you for not paying attention.

This guy gets it. The game was talked about as an evolving game, it will be good but you have to wait ages and they didn't hide this fact either. The amount of planned content will dwarf the actual game.

This is really common for games to be like this these days. I am waiting till spiderman is out then i will buy it, because spiderman is all the content i need in any game, yes i love spiderman.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Shua_J said:

Your post is pure assumption. I never stated whether I liked the game or not. Not my problem. Not my circus...not my monkeys. My prescription is for anybody who wants to affect change...no matter what the position. I'm stating his issues with a company. Not my personal feelings on said company. My aim is to inform the gamer...whichever way that falls...that they have power in any given situation. A position that is actively downplayed by the industry itself.

"vote with your wallet" is always in effect. There's no informing being done on your part. 

The industry follows trends. Trends are created from consumer actions. It isn't be downplayed.

tj solo, why do you shill for unfinished games, you're a gamer and judging by your profile you have played for years, so what is it about unfinished, boring button mashy health spongey games that you enjoy, or look forward to? it's a loot game where loot is pointless, it's an insurmountible grind of min maxing for minor additions to animations of combos etc, it's an arthritic hammer button mash game where watching health bars slowly depelete it's like watching paint dry.

if you wanna waste your cash by all means, but don't try and discredit people for speaking out against trash like this as a vast number of us are sick and tired of live service shittery. and the best way to deal with LSS is don't buy it. something i'll always advocate for. 5 seconds of the gotham knights trailer absolutely laughed everything i've seen of avengers and it was purely down to how well animated it was. avengers is a minimum viable product that even in 2 years when finished will still only be a minimum viable product because in order for it to make money, it doesn't *have* to be anything more then what it is.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

"vote with your wallet" is always in effect. There's no informing being done on your part. 

The industry follows trends. Trends are created from consumer actions. It isn't be downplayed.

Vote with your wallet is an affect. Not an effect. It's only an effect to those on the receiving end. It's an affect by those who are buying. It's obvious by your post that you aren't exactly aware of what's actually being said..and some of that may be the way in which I chose to explain it. Trends come from the affect position. The effect position is talking about them after the fact. Effect is history. Affect is present.