Let's face it, we were sold an unfinished game

skazzzz4

11 minutes ago, Helyx said:

I can't speak much for any name calling; I wasn't a part of any of that. Live and let live, right?

Caring is irrelevant when you're bored. I won't look too much into the comments I post while taking a bubble bath. I'm just a simple kinda gal that likes discussing games, even if it's not a game I've played or have enjoyed.

Yeah, i apologise if i was snappy, its a tad late :P

I think im just a tad annoyed because i use the forums to discuss games im playing/find tips and stuff and recently for the Avengers, its just the same few people either making threads complaining about the 'practice' of GAAS or derailing threads with constant 'Well i havent played it but...' sorta thing.

20 hours ago, SpacebarPIays said:

TBH, i never played the Free open beta.

I just got the game on release because i was told by friends it was good fun and i like these sorta games.

Gotta say. I dont judge games on Betas regardless.

Since playing the game, i havent seen much 'horrible writing that contradicts itself' (Maybe you could provide examples?)

Nor have i experienced mediocre play from the game. Mission structure is enjoyable for the dungeon-looter genre.

Once again, the game appeals to casual fans and people that like these kinda games.

Its okay not to enjoy something but to try to tell others what they can/cant enjoy based off your mind is crazy.

Well it was a marketing beta so you should. Nothing about the game changed. 

Spoiler

“Quirky lol I love superheroes this is so cooooool - I’m a FREAK boohoo - *literally 5 seconds later* OMG IM IN THE HELICARRIER (I know it’s not that but I forget what it’s called) THIS IS SOOOOO KEWL”

You can’t be crying about being a freak (stupid enough when she’s not deformed because of her powers, or unable to have human contact because of her powers like Rogue) and then after the screen transitions have the same stupid character doing her quirky so random fan girl spiel about how cool it is to be staying in the helicarrier thing. Something afforded to her solely because other “freak” powers. 

the character is setup to be a person who would love having powers because she’s a fan girl. But then for 2 seconds in the beta is crying like she’s impacted by it. Then goes back to fangirling like nothing. 

Where’d I say you can’t enjoy it? I said it’s trash, which it is. Doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy it. Bulletwitch is a shit game, but I love it unironically. I’m not going to pretend it’s amazing just because I enjoy it. When you say casual fans all I think of is people with no standards who buy things based entirely off brand recognition alone. It’s not based off “my mind”. It’s based on the capabilities of Crystal Dynamics and comparatively how Spider-Man turned out as a similar “AAA” project. 

if this were just some tie in to a movie, it’d make sense being how it is. But it’s not. It was supposed to be a AAA game and it’s shit. Clunky combat, slow movement, awful writing and terrible Main  character, performance issues, riddled with ways to milk you for more money, superfluous loot, sponge enemies, brain dead AI, I could go on but you love this trash so enjoy. 

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Fish613 said:

I remember my first "unfinished game" that taught me an important lesson. It was GTA V. Never giving Rockstar, EA or Square Enix anymore of my money :)

What about GTA V was unfinished? I can understand disliking GTA online & the fact Rockstar won’t develop any post launch singleplayer content as it won’t get them easy money... but why was the game unfinished? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2020 at 5:36 PM, DoomsdayVivi said:

What are you even talking about? "In effect" means that something is continuously going on. For instance, "social distancing measures are in effect until the governor ends them." Affect is the verb, effect is the noun. Companies like Square Enix are affected by the fact that vote-by-wallet is in effect, which may lead to a lasting effect

Effect Noun definition: a change which is a result or consequence of an action or other cause.

Affect verb definition: have an effect on; make a difference to.

An affect IS the "action" or "cause" in the effect definition.

This isn't even a remotely debatable topic. So just stop. That's what I'm "even" talking about. It isn't being a "grammar" not-see. It was called out due to the blatant misuse of the word itself which changes an entire meaning....not just a simple spelling mistake. The more you know.

Edited by Shua_J

On 9/16/2020 at 0:29 AM, OmegaRejectz said:

What about GTA V was unfinished? I can understand disliking GTA online & the fact Rockstar won’t develop any post launch singleplayer content as it won’t get them easy money... but why was the game unfinished? 

GTAV online is likely what they meant.  When that first launched on PS3 it was a mess with very lackluster content.   I remember the group I played it with all rushing through all the mp trophies because we all thought it was terrible.  

• 1 month later...

Jesus

Just give me a FF10 Remake  alongside Dragon Quest and close shop at this point.

Good lord, I can't see how Square can recover itself by now, this is so sad to the kid me, all we got now is Nomura's talent  to delay games, Yoko Taro's gimmicks, Toriyama's obsession with Lightning and shitty combat systems, the gaijin divisions that are even more incompetent, their hilarious attempts at E-sports,  it's one failure after another, and it's getting painful to watch,   the only ones trailing the ship are the fucking MMO people, and even then, it was after the disastrous starting FF14.

All we need is another 5+  delay for the next FF or main series KH.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven’t played it. You know why? Because EVERY review from every professional outlet basically told me exactly what the OP is saying.

What did you expect?

This is what comes of this bizarre notion that has risen over the past decade, of the gaming community putting no trust in review outlets, and sticking to their “I don’t care about reviews, I’ll decide for myself, reviewers are all corrupt, they are all bad at games, I know better, blah blah blah”

That’s an opinion you can hold - it’s a free world I guess - but don’t ignore the advice of professionals, then complain that the wool was pulled over your eyes, just because you chose to pull it there yourself

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I haven’t played it. You know why? Because EVERY review from every professional outlet basically told me exactly what the OP is saying.

What did you expect?

This is what comes of this bizarre notion that has risen over the past decade, of the gaming community putting no trust in review outlets, and sticking to their “I don’t care about reviews, I’ll decide for myself, reviewers are all corrupt, they are all bad at games, I know better, blah blah blah”

That’s an opinion you can hold - it’s a free world I guess - but don’t ignore the advice of professionals, then complain that the wool was pulled over your eyes, just because you chose to pull it there yourself

They're not professionals anymore than some random nobody talking about it, the only difference is the sense of self importance most of them have because they get paid for their shitty reviews. Unless you think it's professional to cry about the world being sad and how caring about a console launch is privileged in a console review. Which it isn't.

You need a review to tell you this game was going to be lame? A game that looked lame as shit from the second they showed anything more than a logo? They've been hiding this game for ages which should have told you something. I thought it'd be lame from the onset, and the free open beta only reaffirmed everything about the game I already thought from the leaked footage which was no different from any of the actual footage they showed. Which wasn't much... for a reason.

I didn't need a single "professional" to explain to me that the game would be lame as hell.

16 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

They're not professionals anymore than some random nobody talking about it, the only difference is the sense of self importance most of them have because they get paid for their shitty reviews.

being paid for what they do is the literal definition of the term ‘professional.’

As in, it is their profession.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

being paid for what they do is the literal definition of the term ‘professional.’

As in, it is their profession.

You're either something 'special', or being purposefully obtuse and ignoring context.

noun
"a person engaged or qualified in a profession."

It's almost like words have multiple uses and meanings.
Edited by Elvick_

On 2020-12-04 at 0:45 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

What did you expect?

I’d disagree. I don’t give a crap what gaming journalists have to say but I knew from the get go this game wouldn’t be good. It seems it was one thing almost everyone was able to agree on, gaming outlets, individual gamer reviewers, gamers themselves & even Marvel fans. This game just looked like a cash grab & didn’t deserve anyone’s time or money. It makes me extremely happy knowing Square Enix lost money & their playerbase extremely quickly.

I'm in the middle of playing it and I feel the game is a solid....meh.

I'm enjoying it for the most part but then again I kept playing and almost plat'd Yaiba so you can see where my head is at ?

Truthfully, this is a pretty disappointing game IMHO. The environments are recycled to a ridiculous level, the game is kinda glitchy and it is kind of boring. 

But, I am enjoying my time with it. I do feel bad for people that paid full price for it though. I think my enjoyment also sparks from getting the game really cheap.

On 12/3/2020 at 11:59 PM, Elvick_ said:

They're not professionals anymore than some random nobody talking about it, the only difference is the sense of self importance most of them have because they get paid for their shitty reviews. Unless you think it's professional to cry about the world being sad and how caring about a console launch is privileged in a console review. Which it isn't.

You need a review to tell you this game was going to be lame? A game that looked lame as shit from the second they showed anything more than a logo? They've been hiding this game for ages which should have told you something. I thought it'd be lame from the onset, and the free open beta only reaffirmed everything about the game I already thought from the leaked footage which was no different from any of the actual footage they showed. Which wasn't much... for a reason.

I didn't need a single "professional" to explain to me that the game would be lame as hell.

On 12/5/2020 at 1:06 AM, OmegaRejectz said:

I’d disagree. I don’t give a crap what gaming journalists have to say but I knew from the get go this game wouldn’t be good. It seems it was one thing almost everyone was able to agree on, gaming outlets, individual gamer reviewers, gamers themselves & even Marvel fans. This game just looked like a cash grab & didn’t deserve anyone’s time or money. It makes me extremely happy knowing Square Enix lost money & their playerbase extremely quickly.

The problem is today's gaming journalists act more like second rate pundits for CNN, MSNBC and Fox News. That bullshit that is nothing more than a bunch of talking heads spewing their nonsense over the national airwaves. The media today is a joke.

There are some good reviewers out there that don't resort to cheap tactics, but they are few and far between. IGN and Gamespot sold out a long time ago, I think both of them are pretty much irrelevant at this point.

I find reviewers in general to be overly entitled and full of their own shit. There's a reason why I'm not a reviewer or a critic. Those aren't professions I have any intention of ever getting into.

• Like 1