Did ratalaika stopped releasing Vita games,and the end of psn on vita

AmazingNoeder

Well if this happens Vita is 100% dead,cuz ratalaika was one of the few developers that was releasing Vita games on the last years,I m afraid with this cuz there is a lot of decent and good games on Vita to be played and get the plat,and if they(any developer)stop releasing games I fear the sync trophy system being shutting down with the psn support on Vita,what you guys think about the 2 things?

5 minutes ago, cckerberos said:

Physical Vita games are still being released in Japan. Sony isn't ending PSN support for Vita anytime soon. Why would they? Hell, you can still buy PSP games in the store.

One time the Vita psn will end ,this is a fact,they don't give a fuck to the Vita and don't give basically any support for ages,so if they stop releasing any new games on Vita the time for this is close,I have no idea how "close" is,but a hope it takes a looong time to happen

3 minutes ago, Vytautas20 said:

Vita store is the same between all platforms (even PS5). It will be available for a long time (like 10 years or more)

So...as long as exist some psn all the platforms will work?

Vita and ps3 that are the older will just get shutdown when the others do?

Same with the sync Trophy system?

34 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Rata first stopped because of the increase in PEGI fees in the EU. That has since changed. 

Vita isn’t getting its PSN access cut off. I can’t believe how many times this topic comes up. It’s been hashed out to death and is easily findable with a search. 

I guess some people misunderstanding this post too,I didn't mean will end now or soon,but I mean when it will be?

Like why they would keep this up if any game is being released and 90% of the vitas on these days are unlocked?

I really want to have some Idea about when this will happen,like in 5 years or 20,I mean,one time this will happen,and I know how they really "care" about they costumers in a console that was already released whith them doesn't giving a fuck about us,and my main question is,did ratalaika stopped releasing games on Vita?

All the resent games I see being released on Vita are ratalaikas games,about the Asian part of Vita,the console aways have more support in that "area" I know this,bit none of their novels are interesting for me

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

Vita isn’t getting its PSN access cut off. I can’t believe how many times this topic comes up. It’s been hashed out to death and is easily findable with a search. 

I mean there's every reason to believe it will eventually.  Resources are finite and eventually Sony will want to overhaul the backend (if the name change stuff was any indication it was originally put together with glue and duct tape)... and they'll have to decide what consoles/devices are worth supporting.

To answer the OP's questions though...

43 minutes ago, AmazingNoeder said:

I really want to have some Idea about when this will happen,like in 5 years or 20,I mean,one time this will happen

No one knows, Sony doesn't even know.  As new consoles/devices come out, PSN and the storefront gets updated, it'll be a fluid process of deciding what is worth continuing to support and what isn't.  Your options are to either support digital storefronts like PSN and learn to live with not knowing when it might go away, or support physical copies of games that at least can't be taken away from you once you have them.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, AmazingNoeder said:

Like why they would keep this up if any game is being released and 90% of the vitas on these days are unlocked?

Got any evidence of this claim? I don't believe 90% are unlocked and to answer the first part of the question is the Vita game sales still generate revenue for Sony. Appealing to the fact they're a business. "Support" in this sense is leaving links up in the store and occasionally patching some security flaws in firmware. Support costs are minimal for the revenue still being generated.

There hasn't been a new PS3 game longer than you haven't seen new Vita games (there are new ones and they're not just Rata games) and yet the PS3 is still supported by PSN.

54 minutes ago, AmazingNoeder said:

my main question is,did ratalaika stopped releasing games on Vita?

There were changes since that tweet went out.

You can check their site for released and upcoming games to answer your question.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

"Support" in this sense is leaving links up in the store and occasionally patching some security flaws in firmware. Support costs are minimal for the revenue still being generated.

There hasn't been a new PS3 game longer than you haven't seen new Vita games (there are new ones and they're not just Rata games) and yet the PS3 is still supported by PSN.

I'd guess the PS3 probably has a larger install base and a more active userbase in general than the Vita, plus it's still currently only one generation behind, so I dunno if that's a great determining factor for "PSN is never going anywhere on any Playstation device".  Once Vita support drops, it could drop hard compared to a mainline/numbered console entry.

And the idea that PSN or the storefront will never get a bigger update than "patching some security flaws" seems really shortsighted.

Just now, Dreakon13 said:

PSN is never going anywhere on any Playstation device

Who made that claim?

1 minute ago, Dreakon13 said:

PSN or the storefront will never get a bigger update than "patching some security flaws"

Or that claim?

You're extrapolating quite a bit off the little I've said.

16 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Who made that claim?

Or that claim?

You're extrapolating quite a bit off the little I've said.

Your definition of "support" didn't include the highly realistic possibility of an update larger than the occasional security fix... so... ?

EDIT: I don't mean to put words in your mouth but it feels like you're leaving things out to downplay the potential of PSN going anywhere on older devices and generally not acknowledging the possibilities of it.  If your point was "an event could occur that would cause PSN use to be discontinued, but it isn't likely anytime soon"... ok, but what you say and what you mean appear to be different (which is generally poor practice if people drawing incorrect conclusions bothers you).  And the question was also not about today or tomorrow, but 5-20 years from now.  So I'm just going with what we have.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

Davi helped me to know about the ratalaika games being released or not,the hollow night guy helped too and said some good logic stuff about psn being shutdown in some devices and makes sense,the true is that will go down some day but we really have no idea about that

About the 90% unlocked Vita you didn't get the point, doesn't matter how much  Literally is the % I can assure you the majority of the vitas  used in the world right know are unlocked, theirs Vita games was already released super expensive in 2012 and they still are ,anyone can easily unlock their Vita and the ban chance is extremely low.

And about the ps3 you can't compare with the dead failure Vita,I know Vita can be good I love mine,but unfortunately it fail pretty bad and is dead by Sony eyes a while

3 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

Your definition of "support" didn't include the highly realistic possibility of an update larger than the occasional security fix... so... ?

EDIT: I don't mean to put words in your mouth but it feels like you're leaving things out to downplay the potential of PSN going anywhere on older devices and generally not acknowledging the possibilities of it.  If your point was "an event could occur that would cause PSN use to be discontinued, but it isn't likely anytime soon"... ok, but what you say and what you mean appear to be different (which is generally poor practice if people drawing incorrect conclusions bothers you).  And the question was also not about today or tomorrow, but 5-20 years from now.  So I'm just going with what we have.

My response is the practical application of all things known right now with some logical extensions. 

A backend overhaul so drastic that it drops console support isn’t likely this close to PS5 launching, or there would already have been warnings about those changes. The PS5 has full backward support for PS4 so the current backend, already supporting all it does, probably had some accommodations for PS5 and so it’s reliable to expect that things aren’t changing during PS5’s lifetime.

Using the word “never” would be ignorant and is an extreme that doesn’t need to be claimed. I would make the claim that things are unlikely to change for the PSP, PS3, Vita, or the Vita TV for at least the cycle of the PS5, which is really what people are asking for when they ask these questions. The practical answer.

And when things do change, I actually expect Sony to find a way to accommodate the digital purchases people have made with their accounts for consoles that are affected. Maybe that’s me being overly optimistic, but their history of Playstation, by and large, has done that. What that looks like, I don’t know right now. It’s far enough in the future I don’t have to worry about it. Yet. 

In the meantime, I’ve been following and support digital first sale doctrine supporters in any ways that I can. 

Vita is clearly suffering from a lack of support and is pretty much at the end.  A few physical releases in Asia doesn't mean that much since Asia is actually the region the Vita did the best in.  What is a fact is that it has been months since a Vita game went on sale on PSN.  In fact there are multiple cases where a PS4 version of a game went on sale and the Vita one did not, and the game was cross buy.  In the US there hasn't been a new physical Vita release in a long time and most retailers who sold Vita games don't even have a spot on their shelves for the Vita any longer, or if they do it's a tiny spot next to PS3.  If you go look online at retailers who sell Vita games their stock is quite limited and it's been that way for quite some time now.  It's also becoming harder to get a replacement system, about all the remains is resellers on eBay selling them.

However, it is doubtful PSN will drop Vita entirely.  There are still PSP games for sale on PSN, which shows Sony isn't inclined to drop support for dead consoles.  People are still buying Vita games, so it is worthwhile to keep a minimal level of support.  Very few games on Vita do online multiplayer and most of the app support is long gone so all they really need is to continue supporting downloads and syncs.  The Vita gets very low priority for downloads and the speeds are abysmal compared to PS4, but they still allow it.  Syncing trophies probably isn't that bandwidth intensive, so it's more likely that they have decided to keep minimal support for the time being.

If anyone is concerned about it, it's not like you can't go download a copy of your digital games and back it up on a PC so you have them even if PSN support vanishes.  If the support does vanish, what most likely will happen will be that there will be a way to transfer the games still via a PS4 or PC.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AmazingNoeder said:

About the 90% unlocked Vita you didn't get the point, doesn't matter how much  Literally is the % I can assure you the majority of the vitas  used in the world right know are unlocked, theirs Vita games was already released super expensive in 2012 and they still are ,anyone can easily unlock their Vita and the ban chance is extremely low.

I'd say that's false. There are people who actually buy their games legitimately.

3 hours ago, AmazingNoeder said:

At any point I said doesn't exist,but tell me ,on all the vitas in the world....you really think the majority of people are buying their games legitimately?

I actually do believe that is happening. No matter how prevalent the hacking scene is on the Vita, that doesn't mean that the majority of people take that step. If it were over 5% of Vita users who hacked their Vita, I would be really surprised.

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

I actually do believe that is happening. No matter how prevalent the hacking scene is on the Vita, that doesn't mean that the majority of people take that step. If it were over 5% of Vita users who hacked their Vita, I would be really surprised.

Maybe is just here on brazil,where I can't even find games to buy cuz everyone have the Vita unlocked,and before I found a lot,but more than 5% .....is a big enormous joke,how many IDs on this site get baned with racked trophies on Vita?

Just I already reported and saw a lot