Trophy Thoughts?

YooHooFan670

You beat me to it. I was expecting more from the trophy art but I'm glad the game has a platinum. I'm curious what a seeded run means, guess I'll find out soon. I'm totally in for the challenge and it looks this platinum will be ultra rare. I'm happy I saved my 125th plat milestone for this game. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

So all the trophies seem related to the 'fixed' story seed I guess....... non-seeded right

Seeded, guessing that will be an option would be randomly generated seeds??? 

I dont play many years rogue types, but we have the option here perhaps....

The trophy descriptions mentioning “in a non seeded run” mean you can’t do them in the daily challenges, which are exactly the same for  everyone and therefore you can practice a route before playing on your main account.

The 10 min speedrun and 0 gold runs will be platinum blockers for many.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ROFL-WAFFLES said:

The trophy descriptions mentioning “in a non seeded run” mean you can’t do them in the daily challenges, which are exactly the same for  everyone and therefore you can practice a route before playing on your main account.

The 10 min speedrun and 0 gold runs will be platinum blockers for many.

Ohh is that what the Devs have confirmed?? 

I figured non-seeded means a universal seed which is the same for every1 and cant be changed? Because having the option to select a seed or pick any random seed means its seeded right?? 

I've probably got this completely wrong lol

22 minutes ago, ROFL-WAFFLES said:

Maybe i’m wrong, but I interpret “non-seeded” as you haven’t entered a code at the beginning to gain an advantage (similar to v1 of the binding of isaac), or chosen the daily run (where everyone shares the same seed for that day).

17 minutes ago, MeltedDreams1 said:

Just like The Binding of Isaac, you can input seed, a run that is the same every time but disables trophies.

Ahh I see, I will think there are quite a few ways to interpret 'non-seeded', and they all seem plausible. 

I initially though it meant a 'fixed' map, but now you guys have said that, just meaning you CANNOT i put a seed, something random would work as well. 

Guess it all boils down to how the Devs view the term 'non-seeded'!

I would like to hope it means a fixed map as it would be much easier but likely what you guys say, will mean a random map which you cannot input any seed for, going to be pretty difficult if ao though

Find out in a few days ;)

57 minutes ago, KaKrackle said:

It’s pretty obvious tbh. Non seeded is random...seeded isnt

I Loved the first game, but I think I will probably skip this myself for now, cuz I cba with games lately. 

Clearly not to me, I can be a bit slow at times though xD. 

Im clearly looking too much into it, in my eyes a random seed is STILL a seed, just a randomly picked seed. A random seed seems 'seeded' to me as the game randomly picks a seed for you, non-seeded would be LITERALLY no seed at all, so fixed......

When I read non-seeded, I figure NO seed at all i.e non-seeded and so a universal fixed map for every1. 

Perhaps for slow players like me, it needs rewording from non-seeded to random-seeded xD, if this is the case here

Edited by Optinooby

46 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Im clearly looking too much into it, in my eyes a random seed is STILL a seed, just a randomly picked seed. A random seed seems 'seeded' to me as the game randomly picks a seed for you, non-seeded would be LITERALLY no seed at all, so fixed......

When I read non-seeded, I figure NO seed at all i.e non-seeded and so a universal fixed map for every1. 

Perhaps for slow players like me, it needs rewording from non-seeded to random-seeded xD, if this is the case here

Hah you are reading too much into it. Each run has its unique seed (code) that you can see after you die. Basically you can input that code and load the same run, but with disabled trophies. That's all.

Trophy list looks on par with XBLA version of first game, which had more achievements than PS3/PS4 one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Optinooby said:

If the run is seeded it technically was random once I suppose, but you can reload the seed if you fuck up, and everything will remain static. So basically you can practice the same maps over and over, until you complete the seed.

A non seeded run will be randomly generated every time. So there is no chance to practice.

Anyways, As a survivor of the original game, I can tell you now that Low Scorer will be your biggest nightmare should you want to plat this.

Low Scorer ain't that bad, I was able to complete Spelunky on Vita with only the end game treasure given on a cutscene. Just staying far when placing bombs and trying to get a jetpack early on would be very helpful, hopefully the same tactics will work here too.

I had a worse time crushing King Yama with The Shield, but it looks like this time The Shield is sold by Shopkeepers; and even a worse time doing an Eggplant run since I had to solo co-op to achieve that.

Edited by Deceptrox

10 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

You beat me to it. I was expecting more from the trophy art but I'm glad the game has a platinum. I'm curious what a seeded run means, guess I'll find out soon. I'm totally in for the challenge and it looks this platinum will be ultra rare. I'm happy I saved my 125th plat milestone for this game. 

Seeds in roguelikes are a code basically that you can type in and play the exact same run as someone else.  So if someone gets an insane run they can give their friends or some random online the Seed and that person can try it out as well.  

• Like 1