cris3f

How to avoid a nightmare with the EDF 4.1 100% weapons trophy

8 posts in this topic

Dude, second try we got through 86 on Hardest with your strategy, thank you so much!! Will be in touch soon when needed.

Ok....so level 87, new wall.

What do I do with the Ranger (11k health) and Wing Diver (1700 health) coop? We used the WD's Monster S to help with transports, but still I got overrun in the end, need to know a good strategy to get through this. Thanks in advance,

Difficulty is Hardest

On 2/25/2021 at 5:20 PM, PalaceOfLove706 said:

Ok....so level 87, new wall.

What do I do with the Ranger (11k health) and Wing Diver (1700 health) coop? We used the WD's Monster S to help with transports, but still I got overrun in the end, need to know a good strategy to get through this. Thanks in advance,

Difficulty is Hardest

Don't wanna sound bad, but that was expected 🙂.

87, Massive Mobilization is the hardest mission in the whole game (see on list...).

The only one that can make it easier alone is AR. Strategy applies to all, there will just be slight differences for coop ranger with WD. I'll give the info for inferno, it will be equal but easier in hardest.

This mission has:

- walking fortress

- 5 large transports (starting from right to left in first line purple ants (red in hardest), spiders and gold ants (this transport is moving, only one), further back right gold ants and even further back center silver spiders (normal ones on hardest)

- 3 deroys, 2 medium 1 small (least of your problems)

- 4 hectors (only problematic when they come with yellow ants)

- a ton of flying vehicles

You can't use ANY guided weapons, explosives, missiles, Thunder Bows. Any weapon that has spread or long range that isn't a perfect sniper it's out of question.

The mission can only be solved if you deal with everything separately. If you mess with several transports or the walking fortress too soon, you're dead. Your biggest problem will be the yellow ants.

Weapons AR Solo:

- Epsilon Blast Railgun E (be careful the railgun is a piercing weapon it will go beyond the enemy until its range stops)

- dual ZEXR (or ZEXR + Electromagnetic Bunker GH / Absolute Bunker or Life Vendor ZD or Guard Post M3 if cooping solo in split screen with another class)

Weapons Ranger Solo:

- Lysander Z; actually the Hercules (a often neglected weapon) is probably better as it has 2500 damage, will kill FVs and spider in 1 shot, yellows in 2 and has better range and overall more TTFP (damage including shots, magazine size and reload) 

- AF-100 or Stringer J9 if you can kill all yellows with Lysander (be careful the J9 is a piercing weapon it will go beyond the enemy until its range stops)

Weapons WD Solo

- Monster-S

- Idunn-FF or Laser Lance sigma

Best strategy:

- at start have the AR or Ranger capture all NPCs

- snipe as many flying vehicles as possible. Not possible with AR solo of course. Best way is to look sideways, as most flying vehicles will make paths away from the main area and you can snipe them without creating a mess. In EDF if you hit a enemy, all other enemies within a certain range from that one will go to attack mode. So sniping flying vehicles in the middle of the map or close to big enemies will wake them. It's a PITA and will take a lot of time but will reduce your issues later a lot. Aim to wipe around 70% or more of them. Don't snipe FVs near the walking fortress...

- start with the right transport when you can. Transports should start to be hit right after they open so that they can preferably be brought down before they close. If they don't they'll spawn another wave of enemies until they're destroyed. Purple ants have a ton of armor, but they're easy to deal as they don't shoot anything. Staying along the map edge move back, dealing with them. A deroy will come too, kill it before the ants, NPCs will help with them.

- deal with the center transport that has normal spiders. It's probable good idea to deal with the shielded hectors before dealing with the transport.

- now the difficult parts. There's 2 transports with yellow ants. Near the right of the map towards the corner where the purple ants were, there's a open area of terrain reaching all the way to the left of the map. You should take advantage of this area to help killing the yellow ants. Bring down the yellow ants transport that is moving, the one on the left from your start position, when he's closer to you (these are important to bring down in one opening, or you'll have multiple waves of yellow ants to deal with). Try to kill as many yellow ants as possible as they come. A yellow ant can kill your NPCs or you in one attack (not with 10k armor though...) IMPORTANT EDIT I just remembered it's doubtful either the ranger or WD solo will be able to bring down transports in one opening (3xJ9 or 3xMonster-S is 54000 damage, transports in inferno have slightly more than that, so you're looking at 4 waves of yellows; I did it with ranger I never finished with WD as sniping FVs with Monster-S is a bore, and I do remember that even with ranger it was difficult as hell to do this mission, and I died a few times; NPCs can't handle inferno yellows, and they will wipeout your NPCs in a snap, and once all your NPCs are gone, you're next)

- to handle the next yellow ants transport go to the other side of the map. Rinse and repeat (in summary you want to be as far as possible from it so you have more time to kill gold ants from a distance and far from everything else)

- a new group of NPCs will spawn once less than 40 enemies are in the map to the right of starting point; pick them there's a ranger with a awesome laser gun that will come in handy (and they will jump into the wrong place if you don't)

- now from the corner sides of the start lane handle deroys and hectors that are far from the fortress

- the last deroy is right by the fortress, when you attack it the fortress will wake

- fortress will walk to the left of your starting position, so be at the right of the map before attacking last deroy

- snipe from distance: the back cannon in the middle of the fortress, then the 4 lasers in the head, 2 on each side, plus the one on his ass (had forgotten this one, not present in EDF 2017 fortress) your NPCs will surely handle the FVs that the fortress spawns

- when this is done snipe the fortress door when it's open, fortress won't be able to piss you without the cannon and lasers (but will wipe your NPCs and you if it has them)

- kill last transport, even in inferno it's not difficult but remember silver spiders need a ton of shots to die

- pick crates, kill last few FVs

Using AR with 2xZEXR is easier since if you use them right they can wipe out all golds and silver spiders. But it's still risky and a single gold ant can wipe out your tank with 2 attacks (ants and spiders do enormous damage to tanks). But it's a pain while there's still a lot of FVs as you won't be able to snipe them and they will come whenever you shoot down transports, and they can make your life miserable once all NPCs are dead. You can also try to shoot FVs with railgun while not rebuilding ZEXRs, which has greater priority. NPCs are dumb and throw themselves in front of ZEXRs. FVs are the AR biggest issue if he doesn't have a web gun (Caesar Wire ZD or Skytrap Wire 16W) which are the best weapons to deal with FVs except guided ones. Never stay in the same place for long FVs love that.

Also sniping the mech lasers with the railgun isn't easy from far. But hopefully with 2 tanks (75 shots) you'll be able to. And more tanks can be farmed with the FVs the mech spawns.

There's other possible strategies (like killing the fortress first and using it as shield for next waves in multiplayer), but in all you must do things one at a time and to me this is the easiest way. Have notion of what easiest means, this is the worse one.

There's a huge increase in difficulty between hardest and inferno in this one, inferno gold ants are a royal PITA in this mission. FVs are a lot more dangerous.

As advance hint for next sure bottleneck, in 88 for Ranger, Lysander and Reverse Shooter-X, and WD, Mirage 15WR and Idunn-FF or Thunder Bow 30 (XD is usually a bad idea, more 5% energy cost for a miserable improvement in damage). Ranger will handle everything big, WD small. WD should be far from mess, in safe place using Mirage, and returning to help with big stuff when small ones are wiped out. Move away from shields in 2nd phase. Back where you start is the best place all along.

Hope this helps.

Edited by cris3f

Finally cleared mission 87 it on hardest with all characters. Ended up just doing it with the Ranger basically solo while having the other characters just idle.

I had to take a different strategy, basically hung out on the 'left' safezone first, took out left golden ant transport right away, killed oncoming waves, dealt with air dudes as long as I could, and then just picked off remaining transports one at a time, strategically and dealt with waves as they came. It was very very very hard, but I did it.

May have to incorporate more of what you said for inferno though with spiders upgrading and purple ants, but I'm gonna attempt it soon and see. Ranger now has 28k health which helps a lot if I get overrun.

Looks like we're gonna clear hardest though with everyone, I'll be in touch with Inferno as need be for help from you.

Thanks again!

Almost a year and 300 hours into this game, my brother and I cleared Inferno with the Ranger and Wing Diver.

You wish us well in our adventure with the Fencer and Air Raider.