PS4 Controller X button loose. How do I fix it?

MarioMan200

Depending on how loose it is and if you can wiggle it back and forth freely, you can try sliding a folded-up bit of paper next to it. :dunno: I know that has worked for me at least once in my life for a loose button, not necessary for a PS4 controller though. Index card paper works great for this.

It's probably off-center on the up-and-down spring thing, though (at least, that's what came up when I googled it). Probs the easiest thing to do is to unscrew it. 

wave your finger at it and say DONT YOU DO THAT!

sometimes that works. sometimes. well not often. ok it never works.

im having the ol r2 button issue where it feels like a bone is crunching. and ive been just dealing with it because i already dropped 60 on a new controller last year with bunk analogs

Edited by melodicmizery

Probably isn't any way to fix it without opening the controller and finding out why it's loose in the first place. 

I've opened my controllers before to clean them. The face buttons have little tabs on them to fit them into place...there's a chance one of them broke.

Edited by Viper

Sounds like you have to open your controller and either replace the worn out button or replace the Soft Rubber Silicon Conductive Button Pad. 

It's a good learning experience. 

it took me 3 controllers to finally fix it like I was a professional. 

but best to just buy a new controller. Or buy a new controller with the same color at Best buy and get the warranty. Then just turn in the broken controller later.

So you have 2 working controllers.