What's the fastest way to gain EXP in multiplayer?

Yuber6969

• 1 month later...

The game has an XP bug on the LAN mode, it gives twice XP for everything you do, not just hideout completion, common kills, challenges, and wanted chains too.

It doesn't always work selecting LAN normally, I normally sign out PSN, then start the game in the single-player mode and select LAN at Start Menu, that way it always works.

A warning, the game extra XP doesn't appear on the stat table when holding the D-pad down button, but it appears at XP count on the multiplayer tab on the start menu and on the XP bar that appears in the below part of the screen.

Another bug, on Solomon's Folly there's a bug that turns off the enemies AI, allowing you to kill and chain them without having the worry of them attacking you, but the enemies that come from the basement and the backup that appears after killing everyone have their normal AI's intact, another annoying issue is that enemies sometimes wander off the map it forces you to search for them, but in almost all cases they're nearby and they also appear normally on the map, so it just aims the rifle and kills.

With these two bugs, I get between 1200-1550 XP every 2 minutes.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 3. 11. 2020 at 9:32 PM, Someonew said:

The game has an XP bug on the LAN mode, it gives twice XP for everything you do, not just hideout completion, common kills, challenges, and wanted chains too.

It doesn't always work selecting LAN normally, I normally sign out PSN, then start the game in the single-player mode and select LAN at Start Menu, that way it always works.

A warning, the game extra XP doesn't appear on the stat table when holding the D-pad down button, but it appears at XP count on the multiplayer tab on the start menu and on the XP bar that appears in the below part of the screen.

Another bug, on Solomon's Folly there's a bug that turns off the enemies AI, allowing you to kill and chain them without having the worry of them attacking you, but the enemies that come from the basement and the backup that appears after killing everyone have their normal AI's intact, another annoying issue is that enemies sometimes wander off the map it forces you to search for them, but in almost all cases they're nearby and they also appear normally on the map, so it just aims the rifle and kills.

Wow I wish I knew this before I did the levels...

I thought the only way for you to get XP glitches was to have the normal copy of the game, dont download the patch and play on LAN.

15 hours ago, Plague_Dominate said:

I just grinded the pikes basin hideout. I made sure to do all the other mp stuff first so after all that i was already up to about level 20. It sucks that it was so grindy but thats the fastest way i knew. 

have you used the unpatched version of the game or have you played it on the latest patch? how long did it take for lvl 50?

15 hours ago, BeeR3Dx said:

Wow I wish I knew this before I did the levels...

I thought the only way for you to get XP glitches was to have the normal copy of the game, dont download the patch and play on LAN.

saw you have done most of the online trophys this year, how was it? Is much of it achievable solo or with two? Gona ask first before trying to Platinum RDR1 ^^

On 15. 11. 2020 at 1:46 AM, Plague_Dominate said:

I just grinded the pikes basin hideout. I made sure to do all the other mp stuff first so after all that i was already up to about level 20. It sucks that it was so grindy but thats the fastest way i

knew. 

Yeah I did the same, I played on the latest patch, took me around 10 hours to grind from level 30 to level 50.... its pretty bad... Pike basin gives 1800 XP, I could do one run in 5 minutes. Thats 21k xp per hour.... you need 337k xp total for level 50...

20 hours ago, iSooPx said:

saw you have done most of the online trophys this year, how was it? Is much of it achievable solo or with two? Gona ask first before trying to Platinum RDR1 ^^

Its definitely possible, there are still people playing, platinum is not that bad, most trophies can be done with one other person. But I would suggest finding a PSN group, for the "posse up" trophy you need 6 people.

If you would like to do 100% though, thats a different story, you will need a lot patience and some luck, and for one trophy even 8 people. I would invite you in a group but sadly I left already.
If you are planning on doing the online though, you should do it as soon as possible, I think servers could close at any time, same with GTA IV for example.

Another pretty fast method to gain xp is to become a collector. Just watch the videos by 'gta series video' on where to find the collectables and look on this site (https://jeanropke.github.io/RDR2CollectorsMap/) to know which cycle it is. I always chose to pick up all the tarot cards and the flowers in one run (once a day) because they are not randomized given to you. This is around 150xp every time you pick up a collectable and once you grabbed every collectable in one category you will get even more (I think it was 1500xp) if you give it to the collector woman. This is maybe not the fastest method but I found that it wasn't that tedious.

4 minutes ago, alanhoutman2 said:

Another pretty fast method to gain xp is to become a collector. Just watch the videos by 'gta series video' on where to find the collectables and look on this site (https://jeanropke.github.io/RDR2CollectorsMap/) to know which cycle it is. I always chose to pick up all the tarot cards and the flowers in one run (once a day) because they are not randomized given to you. This is around 150xp every time you pick up a collectable and once you grabbed every collectable in one category you will get even more (I think it was 1500xp) if you give it to the collector woman. This is maybe not the fastest method but I found that it wasn't that tedious.

this is a RDR1 topic ^^

but yea I used that method in RDR2 by far the best and fastest way

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

After I had gotten all the other multiplayer trophies, and all that was left was mp lvl 50 for How the West was Won, I was at level 18. I thought I was almost done, but if you're leveling up by clearing gang hideouts, say taking 5 - 10 minutes to clear twin rocks for 400 xp, then you're going to take something over 100 hours to get to 337,110 XP.

That's insane. Why would Rockstar put in a trophy like that, it's wildly out of step with the difficulty of the rest of the game's trophies?

I remember platinuming Vice City, the final trophy was Take the Cannoli, which requires you to reach the maximum criminal rating level of Godfather, with a score of 1,000,000. After 100%ing every other aspect of the game, my criminal score was maybe a couple thousand. At that rate, in order to reach a score of one million, you would have to play normally for hundreds more hours. It's practically impossible to do this trophy legit. There is an exploit, described on that page, where you park three helicopters in a garage and use cheat codes to explode them, and even then it took me like 2 hours. It was quite ridiculous.

Is "How the West was Won" another case like this? Ok, I know that people can get pretty efficient with the hideouts, so it's really more like 10 hours than 100 to reach MP XP lvl 50 (and hopefully I can show some improvement eventually too), but in a game where every other trophy occurs during normal gameplay, or else just takes a few minutes of focusing on it, it's still pretty ridiculous. Is it something that no legit player would ever get, something only for trophy hunters who don't mind repetitive grinding?

In single player, you have to finish the journal/challenges in order to get all the trophies. But in multiplayer, there are no trophies associated to the journal challenges. They grant pretty low XP/hr compared to gang hideouts, so the trophy hunter will mostly ignore them.

But if you were a legit player, and you wanted to 100% the multiplayer game, and do every challenge in the journal, how close to lvl 50 would that get you?

Well there are 18 Lawbringer challenges, 10 master hunter challenges, 10 survivalist challenges, 19 outlaw, and 10 sharpshooter challenges, at 250 XP each for a total of 16,750 xp for the free roam challnges. For weapon challenges it's 825 xp per weapon (kills + headshots), for 22 weapons so that's 18,150 xp. For PVP challenges, it's 450 for KDR, 1200 for kill streak, 750 for gang shootout, 1550 for gold rush, 2400 for grab the bag, 950 for heavy weapon, 2400 for hold your own, 400 for revenge challenges, 600 for shootout, trickshot 450.

Now there are a bunch more challenges added by the DLCs so that might improve things, but with just the base game challenges, that's 46,050 xp. So that's a little better than 1/10th of the total xp. Nothing to sneeze at, but not really a sizeable chunk either. Of course, that discounts all the xp that you would get from winning all the matches in the match challenges. But still, it doesn't look to me like just playing naturally and legit with no boosting through all the multiplayer content and challenges is going to get you within distance of the lvl 50 prize.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

The psnprofiles page for How the West was Won says:

The top rank is level 50. To reach level 50, you'll need about 337,110 XP. This trophy can either be the last or the first trophy to unlock depending on how you do it.

What on earth are they talking about? In what way could you play so that this is the first trophy to unlock? You'd have to literally avoid every other game feature. How are you gonna avoid killing 500 enemies and still grind up to lvl 50???

On 06/04/2021 at 4:42 PM, ziggurism said:

The psnprofiles page for How the West was Won says:

What on earth are they talking about? In what way could you play so that this is the first trophy to unlock? You'd have to literally avoid every other game feature. How are you gonna avoid killing 500 enemies and still grind up to lvl 50???

When the hacked servers were still a thing, you could level up to 50 in about 20mins without ever popping another trophy - simply by using the McFarland Ranch corpse exploit.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

I don't know if it still exists, but there are some glitched/hacked sessions where you can get to level 50 in a few seconds by shooting any NPC lying on the floor in MacFarlane. It was very common to find these sessions when I played. Too bad that I just learned this when I already was at level 50.

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

If I vote to redo a Gang Hideout (like Pike's Basin), do I lose the XP I gained from that first run or does it go cumulative into the next redo?

Cumulative. I suggest grinding Twin Rocks on the standard physical edition unpatched in LAN mode. It took me around 6-7 hours to earn the trophy from scratch.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 2020-11-03 at 0:32 PM, Someonew said:

Just to clarify - this is not the method that requires downgrading your patch and resetting your online rank back to 1?

I’m trying to get some information on this before I start. I could reset and do the 3X LAN method, but I’m at level 31 already and by the time I finish the online stuff I’ll likely be somewhere in the 35-40 range.

So I’d like to know if it’s possible to do the 2X LAN method without resetting my rank back to 1? I believe I’ve heard a few ppl say this is possible somehow?

No, it doesn't, I wanted to reset too, but was also with an above 30 and gave up, till coming across this double XP bug on a forum, I tried, saw that it worked, and posted were to help those that are in the same situation.

So no need to reset, you can just start the game normally on single-player and select LAN on the in-game menu and double XP.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Someonew said:

No, it doesn't, I wanted to reset too, but was also with an above 30 and gave up, till coming across this double XP bug on a forum, I tried, saw that it worked, and posted were to help those that are in the same situation.

So no need to reset, you can just start the game normally on single-player and select LAN on the in-game menu and double XP.

No need to unpatch or downgrade or anything? Fantastic! This is great to know. Thanks very much for confirming.

Edit: I tried this out and it works fantastically!

Also just wondering, how does the Solomon’s Folly AI glitch work exactly?

Edited by dieselmanchild

• 4 weeks later...

Go to Solomon's Folly till the message "You're entering Solomon's Folly" keep going till you see the first red dot on the map, then run away till the message "You're leaving Solomon's Folly" appear, then rush back to the Solomon's Folly again, the AI will be deactivated, enemies will just be walking randomly around, some others will just keep walking away to the map's border, all you have to do is headshot them all, after killing enough the ones from the basement backup will come out, unlike the ones from before, their AI will be activated so they will attack you, the backup that comes after will also have their activated, kill them and get the bonus for chain kills.

• Like 1