watch out with hunter seeker and achiever trophies, they can get glitched

REPG_16_netsulli

hi 2 days ago i was completing side quests, primary missions and champions for the hunter seeker and achiever trophies and none of them popped, in my case it happened with the champion Jimmy Deathtrap O' Neill in the tuluga cave North of the flooded jungle, after finishing him and the rest of infected it should have pop, but i dont remember the game showing me the objective has been completed, and when i go to records of Doctor Kessler and check all the type of enemies in the game i find there is only that one missing, yesterday i finished the game with a partner and then i started a new game solo with same character, level and inventory and skills and played the story missions until i could get to that zone again and kill that guy, well this time it did save but the trophy progress keeps showing me 79/80 completed and 12/13 champions killed, so it has glitched on me badly, i didnt see any reports in the trophy guides or forums about this, which is weird, and if i cant find a workaround i will have no other choice than eliminating savedata and starting a new game and kill all 13 champions again and complete all 80 misssions of the game which is very time consuming and boring, by the way i dont know if this has something to do with the glitch but while i was playing the game the electricity went out and my console shutted off, and also when trying to kill Jimmy the first time i got killed by him and respawned in that same place near him, which could made that misssion to glitch on me, if theres anyone who read this and know what to do please share your thoughts with us, i know i came here 2 years later with this issue but any advice or suggest will be very much appreciated and this can also help others that are going for the platinum to be careful with those, on the other hand i didnt have any problem with the Hoarder trophy which is known that can glitch on you. thanks for your time and im waiting for your reply, cheers 

sorry i forgot to mention i have the digital franchise pack, which includes the dead island game of the year edition and dead island complete edition with all DLC content on disc 

Edited by REPG_16_netsulli
forgot to mention some extra information

The glitch happens if you are playing online and you are joining a game mid way, doing progress on another person's save etc and disconnections and things happen.

The only solution is to play offline, or play online and make sure everytime you do a quest/pick up a collectible etc that you go into the menu and make sure the number has gone up in the stats and if it has, then keep playing until you see the red biohazard logo so you know it has saved, if the number has not gone up, it has glicthed. It's also best to play with the same partner and stick together and not split up in the map. Back up your save often, and quite literally play next your PC with several notes of all the quests etc, and cross them individually. Keep of your progress so you can know when the game has glitched on you.

PS It's a long shot but perhaps if you get invited to another person's game and complete the quest you are missing. Kill the boss you are missing etc, this might help.

Edited by enaysoft

10 hours ago, enaysoft said:

The glitch happens if you are playing online and you are joining a game mid way, doing progress on another person's save etc and disconnections and things happen.

The only solution is to play offline, or play online and make sure everytime you do a quest/pick up a collectible etc that you go into the menu and make sure the number has gone up in the stats and if it has, then keep playing until you see the red biohazard logo so you know it has saved, if the number has not gone up, it has glicthed. It's also best to play with the same partner and stick together and not split up in the map. Back up your save often, and quite literally play next your PC with several notes of all the quests etc, and cross them individually. Keep of your progress so you can know when the game has glitched on you.

PS It's a long shot but perhaps if you get invited to another person's game and complete the quest you are missing. Kill the boss you are missing etc, this might help.

hi enaysoft and thanks for answering my message, i wish i knew this before playing coop first with my partner, i used to guide me playstationtrophies and since i didnt see any warning about this trophy well i just was careful with the Hoarder trophy, i should have back up my save but for being lazy i decided to continue like that, my mistake. Im asking two people if i can join their match and maybe i can kill the champion im missing and get lucky, otherwise will have to start from scratch new game, theres also another possibility, i have an old save of the game on a pendrive, maybe i can use that save and replace the recent save and see if that works. i will tell you more once i tried everything, wish me good luck, i will need plenty of it ?

I went through both Dead Islands twice, second time on Japanese version. I played coop with the same partner and it glitched me on once with the western version but I had a backup luckily so did not have to backtrack too much, only about an hour or two.

If you need to go through it again, seriously screen shot the map of the games and mark in MSPaint or something all the places you need to go and just do it offline, watch a DVD or something on a second TV next to you/listen to several hours of podcasts or something. With a powered up character, running past all the zombies and directly going for all the missions, the game will go much faster than you think.

21 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I went through both Dead Islands twice, second time on Japanese version. I played coop with the same partner and it glitched me on once with the western version but I had a backup luckily so did not have to backtrack too much, only about an hour or two.

If you need to go through it again, seriously screen shot the map of the games and mark in MSPaint or something all the places you need to go and just do it offline, watch a DVD or something on a second TV next to you/listen to several hours of podcasts or something. With a powered up character, running past all the zombies and directly going for all the missions, the game will go much faster than you think.

Thanks once again , but wont be necessary anymore, the glitch was fixed, i only needed to continue and start new campaign from chapter 1 with all of my previous character profile and then progress through the story until i get to chapter number 9  where i have access to all dead zones and places in Henderson and can use fast travel locations, i started killing the 13 champions in the same order i saw in the video, the 6 on the flooded jungle and then 7 on henderson, when i killed the monster with name number 11 George Bodyeater Serero, the trophy Hunter Seeker unlocked and so the Achiever trophy which gave me finally the platinum of this game, thanks god was fixed quickly, cheers buddy thanks for the heads up ?im doing next dead island trophies i hope i dont get any glitches with them , i will read with good attention the trophy guide

Edited by REPG_16_netsulli
add some info i missed