Multidash

Leanthil

Does anybody know how to do multiple dashes in a row? In a video of finding the secret switches the guy does at least 4 dashes without touching any surface and I'm wondering if it's an upgrade like the crosshair or you have to defeat the last enemy or something I haven't done yet.

So what did I miss?

• 3 weeks later...

Having just gotten the white-starred secret switch yesterday, which I think is the switch you're talking about, the answer is you just do it. No, seriously. You're just allowed to multi-dash in that one particular part of the game. 

So after climbing up a tall tower with a couple of overhangs, including one you need to use the jump-dash-jump technique that I'm only able to pull off maybe 10% of the time, you're not only supposed to make a leap of faith back towards the beginning of the stage, you're also supposed to know that in this one area, you're allowed to multi-dash to get to a switch.

Thanks for the answer.

And yes, I managed to do it, although I think that's not really multiple dashes, but there are invisible platforms instead. I should post the revelation here, but I didn't have the time yet. 

Only three floppy disks left to finish this game (and 3-4 challenges) but I need to take a break before I break my controller. 

I just returned to this game after a short break myself, and I'm already sick of it. I need a good walkthrough, because some of these levels are obtuse as hell. I don't suppose you remember the solution to Smiling Blimp 2 in the third world? I found the floppy without any problem, but I can't find the red lock switch that will let me get to the end

OK, I found it, on one of the floating propeller engine platforms after the final checkpoint. I gotta say, the art direction for this game is really wearing on me. The further I get in this game, the more I'd describe it as a freaking mess. A better developer could have pulled off the red-white-grey-black color scheme, but every layer of the screen, from the background to the foreground is just so busy, the net effect is that it's super difficult to differentiate objects. 

Edited by Gethron
Found the switch

Sorry I couldn't help you before. I replayed the level yesterday to find you the switch (and found it without any problem), but as it seems you already managaed it on your own. I tried to get the floppy in the Grinning Gutholes 5 level, but I simply cannot do it. I almost did half of the level (it happened only a second time), but fucked up a jump, and I had to stop it again in frustration and anger. I'm getting better though...

I think Grinning Gutholes 3 will be the 100% killer for me. The floppy is easy to get, but the jumps from under the columns afterwards I can't do. And given the way this game likes to screw you over, I know that if I ever get to the end I'll find I left the switch from the beginning in the wrong position to get to the balloon, and I'll have to do it all over again.

Edit: So I just watched a collectables video for GG5, and it looks like it's got the stupid inverted column jumps I'm having problems with in GG3. So that's nice. 

Edited by Gethron

Jeez, that level... don't even mention. But still easier than Grinning Gutholes 5

I've got all the disks already, so I can say that the game is totally doable, it's just f*king hard sometimes. Practice makes perfect if you have enough nerves :D. 

Do you know that if you got the floppy and die before the end of the level, you don't have to get the disk again? You just need to finish the level anyhow and that's okay until you don't leave. 

I managed to get almost halfway through the challenge rooms over the weekend. I spent forever on the one where you have 50 seconds to go back and forth through the level collecting keys while avoiding lasers and fireballs. By the time I was done I felt like a robot hitting keys at the exact right time to dodge my way through all the crap the game's throwing at you. 

Then I got a little further to the challenge where you have to navigate upside down columns while dodging fireballs and lasers and you die in one hit, and decided that was it for the day. You know, I'm starting to notice a pattern here. I really hate the levels with upside down columns.

1 minute ago, Gethron said:

Then I got a little further to the challenge where you have to navigate upside down columns while dodging fireballs and lasers and you die in one hit, and decided that was it for the day. You know, I'm starting to notice a pattern here. I really hate the levels with upside down columns.

I tried to do the exact same challenge yesterday :) And gave up when I saw what I should manage to do at the end of the level. 

I gave Grinning Gutholes 3 another try this evening, and managed to make it past that tough inverted columns section. In fact, I had to do it twice because I got killed by the fire tunnel trap immediately afterwards the first time. After I beat that level, I did two more (non-Grinning Guthole) levels to unlock the way to Mr, Toupee. 

Ho-ho-holy crap, that's the level that never ends. Every time I got to the end of a section I though to myself, "Well, that's GOTTA be it", and I was wrong time and time again. It's a good thing I had hit the white stared switch that reveals the blocks you need to get to the floppy and the white hearted switch, because I wouldn't want to have to do that twice.

So now I have 11 challenge stages and 10-15 levels to clean up across worlds 2, 3, and 4. I don't think finishing up worlds 2 and 3 will be very hard at this point, but the thought of finishing up world 4 and getting through the rest of the challenges does not spark joy.