Tips for Division 4

originalmidget28

I played the beta while it was active thanks to EA giving me an access code. If it's still possible to gain access to a high division through placements when the game officially releases I've got some gameplay tips for you to get the gold trophy asap. In the beta I managed to get placed into division 3 through winning 4/5 games most of those wins being by 3+ goals.

R1 + L1 is the new drag-back method, because people are unaware of the new controls of the drag-back, it's more effective due to players almost forgetting it exists. R1 dribbling is very overpowered, with just a few flicks of the left stick whilst holding it down you can take on a player very easily. Finally, crossing high balls to the back post can trigger a perfect back-post volley that works 9/10 times.

Hopefully by the time the game releases and if skill points aren't nerfed, you should hopefully be able to get at least division 4 through placements. Make use of these tips to get what seems like always the hardest trophy to go for every year.

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Hayate188 said:

How many points ? 3 wins 2 losses ?

Yep 3 wins to 2 losses, scorelines were all fairly close. Nobody knows how to play yet, so currently it's the same old dragback/ball roll/drop back etc from last year. I'd recommened waiting though as placement matches were harder for me than usual, had some really tough matchups (may have just got unlucky with matchmaking) and people already have decent-ish sides, additionally sweating it out due to the coin boost you get. Winning all 5 gives you 100k plus and puts you in D2 so people are really going for it. 

6 hours ago, Esben-sej said:

Does anybody know what difficulty you have to play on in the 3 Squad battles to qualify for division 4? I don't think i can win 3/5 online matches.

is it possible to qualify for divison 4 by playing squad battles?

26 minutes ago, GloriousFury9414 said:

Yep 3 wins to 2 losses, scorelines were all fairly close. Nobody knows how to play yet, so currently it's the same old dragback/ball roll/drop back etc from last year. I'd recommened waiting though as placement matches were harder for me than usual, had some really tough matchups (may have just got unlucky with matchmaking) and people already have decent-ish sides, additionally sweating it out due to the coin boost you get. Winning all 5 gives you 100k plus and puts you in D2 so people are really going for it. 

i'll boost at least 3 victories on game launch and then play the last 2 with my super ligue 1 79 rating squad haha

8 hours ago, ren007nix said:

is it possible to qualify for divison 4 by playing squad battles?

No , only division rivals

I have 4 wins and i loose with this team : https://ibb.co/3NKXpcY  /  https://ibb.co/Kbp285S

Use the L1 or R1  button with your attacker is the best way for eliminate a defense, and it's very hard for defense in this episode don’t climb too high with your defense and try to score a maximum goal

Edited by unCorey

Don't try to go D4 with your 30 squad battle matches. It's the worst f idea I had in a long time. I won all of my 30 matches , half in Champion, half in Legend , I got D6 with 850 f points. And you get screwed on the nice credits bonus of the 5 placements matches. Fuck my life.

52 minutes ago, Chlorhydric said:

Don't try to go D4 with your 30 squad battle matches. It's the worst f idea I had in a long time. I won all of my 30 matches , half in Champion, half in Legend , I got D6 with 850 f points. And you get screwed on the nice credits bonus of the 5 placements matches. Fuck my life.

Hmm, some other guy said he played all 30 matches on semi-pro and proffesional and won all his matches. He ended up in division 4. What do you mean with champion? You mean world-class? And did you win all your games narrowly or 5-0 every game?

5 hours ago, Esben-sej said:

Hmm, some other guy said he played all 30 matches on semi-pro and proffesional and won all his matches. He ended up in division 4. What do you mean with champion? You mean world-class? And did you win all your games narrowly or 5-0 every game?

Wtf... It's the difficulty just before Legend , champion in french, I thought it was the same in english. But I don't understand how it's possible to go div4 when I only get div6 with what I did in my 30 matches. Hopefully joining a div4 player and coop woth him will work

How work the qualification in div 4 ? You really need to win only 3 of 5 placement matches in division rivals ? And when I win only 2 or less, is it possible to requalify in div 4 via squad battle (need to delete my ultimate team ) , or how it works ?

Thank you guys for your info.

i can confirm that atm you can qualify to division 4 in division rivals with 3 wins and 2 losses. I barely made it with 1280 points and you need 1250 to ascend to division 4. Careful though as you will descend divisions if you reach 1190 points. Also want to point out that every win in division 4 nets you FUT points towards the weekend league.

3 hours ago, TheVengeance1231 said:

You want to boost with 2 PS4s?

But there are many people play at launch, how can you boost?

You will need 2 controllers to be 99% sure your matched with boosting partner. Just choose to be a "guest" on any PS4 and if you see it on the jersey selection screen, then you know your matched up

Alsooooo. i forgot to mention that for some reason this year, you CAN match with a usr that has the same number of wins as you in placement matches, rather than the same record. So you can match with a user that has a record of 2-2 so as long as you have 2 wins as well. This makes it easier to boost when doing it Solo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZermenoBoy said:

i can confirm that atm you can qualify to division 4 in division rivals with 3 wins and 2 losses. I barely made it with 1280 points and you need 1250 to ascend to division 4. Careful though as you will descend divisions if you reach 1190 points. Also want to point out that every win in division 4 nets you FUT points towards the weekend league.

You will need 2 controllers to be 99% sure your matched with boosting partner. Just choose to be a "guest" on any PS4 and if you see it on the jersey selection screen, then you know your matched up

Alsooooo. i forgot to mention that for some reason this year, you CAN match with a usr that has the same number of wins as you in placement matches, rather than the same record. So you can match with a user that has a record of 2-2 so as long as you have 2 wins as well. This makes it easier to boost when doing it Solo.

Use guest but not alt account?

Same PS4 and two controller?

Can you detailed the steps to boost please? 

I am new to FIFA, so dont know much about it. 

I have many accounts and 2 PS4s.

I able to use them to boost. 

u

1 hour ago, TheVengeance1231 said:

Use guest but not alt account?

Same PS4 and two controller?

Can you detailed the steps to boost please? 

I am new to FIFA, so dont know much about it. 

I have many accounts and 2 PS4s.

I able to use them to boost. 

Use a guest account. First, push the "PS" button on 2nd controller and log into any guest account. The guest account does not have to have PS Plus. then when searching for a match push the triangle button on the 2nd controller (guest account) to verify that your matching with boosting partner. NOTE that other people might also have a 2nd controller, so i recommend waiting 5-10 seconds before pushing triangle.

i boosted myself to 3-0. Did an own goal on alt account and quit the match right after 3x. So i technically never scored a goal on my main account in the 3 wins. On match 4 i got destroyed 12-1. On 5th match i got whooped 5-0. I still made it to Division 4. Dont know how some guys already have Icon Ronaldos and superstar teams lol

• Like 1

I can confirm it too, It works like a charm, because now play Fifa 21 not too many players (its only for EA play members). Did the same method as ZermenoBoy.

Here is the boost method:

PS4 1          PS4 2                               
match 1    Main     vs    Alt 1                                
match 2    Alt 2     vs    Alt 1     - if you can not match up because, Alt 1 record is 0-0-1,just delet ultimate team on Alt 1 and rematch with same records
match 3    Main     vs    Alt 2                                
match 4    Alt 3     vs    Alt 1     - just delete again and reenter the qualification on this account                
match 5    Alt 3     vs    Alt 2     - here can I match up even, if the record before matchmatking was 1-0-1 on Alt 2 !        
match 6    Main     vs    Alt 3                               

Always score own goal on PS4 2 and then quit the match on PS4 2. You need 3 alternate accounts, each with ea play access 1 month. And of course PS plus active on each console to work.

Edited by Simo-svk
  • Like 1