is this like the remastered version?

oh ok i got really confused because i thought this was the ps3 version, now im realizing it isnt.

so theres a call of duty modern warfare for ps3
(no trophies)

call of duty modern warfare for ps4 (2019)
https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/9853-call-of-duty-modern-warfare

and call of duty modern warfare remastered for ps4 (2016)
https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5379-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-remastered/

so the remastered version is the same as the ps3 version

and then they decided to make a 2019 version thats a totally different game but the same name? am i understanding that right? if so thats stupid as hell and confusing as hell lol

12 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

oh ok i got really confused because i thought this was the ps3 version, now im realizing it isnt.

(no trophies)

and then they decided to make a 2019 version thats a totally different game but the same name? am i understanding that right? if so thats stupid as hell and confusing as hell lol

Yes.  Similar to Need for Speed doing a soft reboot in 2015 and calling it simply that.  It was a new game not any type of remaster of the original game.

Or Battlefield going from Battlefield 4 to Battlefield 1 (for WWI) to Battlefield V.

The worst naming convention was Madden going from Madden 13 to Madden 25 (in honor of the 25th anniversary of Madden) and then to Madden 15.  Now what happen in late August 2024 when that Madden is released, what do you name it lol.

Edited by djb5f

18 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

(no trophies)

Correct 

The original CoD4 from the PS3 was remastered and titled Modern Warfare Remastered. Then they released the new, simply titled, Modern Warfare last year 

On 9/14/2020 at 11:08 AM, djb5f said:

Yes.  Similar to Need for Speed doing a soft reboot in 2015 and calling it simply that.  It was a new game not any type of remaster of the original game.

Or Battlefield going from Battlefield 4 to Battlefield 1 (for WWI) to Battlefield V.

The worst naming convention was Madden going from Madden 13 to Madden 25 (in honor of the 25th anniversary of Madden) and then to Madden 15.  Now what happen in late August 2024 when that Madden is released, what do you name it lol.

yes! i noticed that with madden the other day because i totally lost track of madden games in the genesis era. and i was browsing them the other day after i heard how bad the new one was and i was totally lost there to

On 9/14/2020 at 11:18 AM, ImMagnetz said:

I think you're a little confused. This game, "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare", which came out in 2019, is a completely different game than Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, which came out in 2007. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was remastered in 2016.

i get it now. its almost like the game company just trolled people lol. 

there is a boxing movie called gladiator in the 90s. imo one of the best boxing movies ever made. and then that gladiator movie came out years later and totally wiped the boxing one out of existence lol. anytime i mention it to anyone they start talking about swords and romans and shit and im like no not that one lol

well all you guys saved me from buying a trophyless game so thanks. almost bought the ps3 version to play it twice. 

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 7:13 AM, melodicmizery said:

well all you guys saved me from buying a trophyless game so thanks. almost bought the ps3 version to play it twice. 

Well I mean, it does say that this is a PS4 game as well so why would you buy a PS3 game? xD

Edited by Nitro

• 2 years later...

I was also confused as hell, as I unfortunately skipped the classes to get a Call of Duty PhD. For anyone still struggling out there, here is a complete summary compiled from Wikipedia and that might help, with related trophy lists :

• Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is the 1st game of the COD MW saga, released on PS3 in 2007. It doesn't have any trophy, due to lack of trophy support back then. If you want it in your collection, however, you can complete Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered instead. It was released on PS4 in 2016 and features only the remastered campaign of the game.

• Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is the 3rd game of the series. It was released on PS3 in 2011. No remaster as of yet, so this game is only playable on PS3 as far as I know. Platinum still obtainable.

• Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is the 4th game of the series. It was released on PS4 in 2019. It is a reboot of the original COD MW from 2007 (not a remaster), which means it is an entirely different game.

• Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II (notice the "II" in Roman numerals instead of "2") is the 5th game of the series. It was just released on October 28th 2022 on PS4/5. It is also a completely different game from the original COD MW 2.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2022 at 3:28 AM, JeManquedHygiene said:

I was also confused as hell, as I unfortunately skipped the classes to get a Call of Duty PhD. For anyone still struggling out there, here is a complete summary compiled from Wikipedia and that might help, with related trophy lists :

• Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is the 1st game of the COD MW saga, released on PS3 in 2007. It doesn't have any trophy, due to lack of trophy support back then. If you want it in your collection, however, you can complete Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered instead. It was released on PS4 in 2016 and features only the remastered campaign of the game.

• Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is the 3rd game of the series. It was released on PS3 in 2011. No remaster as of yet, so this game is only playable on PS3 as far as I know. Platinum still obtainable.

• Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is the 4th game of the series. It was released on PS4 in 2019. It is a reboot of the original COD MW from 2007 (not a remaster), which means it is an entirely different game.

• Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II (notice the "II" in Roman numerals instead of "2") is the 5th game of the series. It was just released on October 28th 2022 on PS4/5. It is also a completely different game from the original COD MW 2.

Hope that helps.

yah, man, what a train wreck of titles

if anyone else digs up this thread again my reason for wondering about the ps3 version instead of just doing ps4 is because at the time i was doing 2 things, finishing backlogs, and buying up a mass amount of ps3 games on ebay. i went through a ebay phase of getting any game i could find for around 3-5$. i know nitro was joking around but still figured id answer it anyways. 

• Like 1