Do you look at other people's trophies?

Mui-Desu

on psnp? personally no, unless they're a part of a dispute that includes a game i may know something about. on my friends list tho, all the time. i compare our trophies all the. see what games they have that i dont or see how much further along in a game either one of us are.

• Like 1

rarely...since I've joined the site I've probably checked only about a few dozen profiles...most of them related to a forum topic or gaming session and usually with the intent of looking for something specific...more often than not, the latter is gta iv related...other people's trophies really don't interest me in the least...come to think of it, I rarely even check my own profile unless I'm actively working on a game...I do enjoy browsing the forums here though...

• Like 2

Whenever I get a friend invite or message on PSN, it’s the first thing I check. 0 trophies means Report and Block. Nothing in common means the friend invite is random and is deleted. 

For the site, I look at profiles when someone posts a thread that certain games aren’t showing up (and I explain what their blue H is telling them), or when someone says all their trophies are hidden. 

• Like 2

Almost never, on a rare occasion I've glanced at some strangers PSN level that I've played with or something but that's about as far as it goes. Couple of friends of mine claim to be trophy hunters so I might creepily check if they've sneakily completed something without telling anyone ?. 

I can't speak for everyone and I'm sure this thread will prove me wrong, but I generally don't think people really tend to actually look at each others trophies much at all unless the person is actively promoting/talking about their trophies and whatnot (though it's clear some check because they want to use someone's profiles to criticise their opinion on these forums).

I've looked at Hakoom from time to time, see how his totals are looking, but he's the #1 so it's only natural to check out how the record holder is doing lol.

• Like 1

I love looking at other people's trophies, whether they're collectors, hunters, or just on my friend's list. Like Mui-Desu said, you learn a lot about a gamer when you peruse their trophies (i.e. what genres they prefer, what they go for, how often they game, etc.) I've noticed befriending people that enjoy similar games/ genres as me. Plus, I like seeing how far friends are into a game - via story-related trophies - before discussing the game with them. Friendships are ruined by spoilers!

• Like 1

Of course! I check out many people's PSNP for many of the same reasons as you listed. Usually I begin by scrolling down to check their first trophy and then notice the milestones that they obtained and work my way up. It's fun to observe their gaming trends as well when I see their game list. ^_^ 

• Like 1

Very seldom do I take the time to look at other peoples trophies. To be honest, I don't really care. I don't feel that it is an indicator on their gaming skill or level of play. I have seen players who have finished 9/10 rated games but have not finished 2/10 rated games. Some games are just terrible and not worth finishing.

However, like it was mentioned before. If I receive a random friend invite. The first thing I do is check out their trophies. But, 99% of the time, if the message section of a friend request is blank, I will just delete them. 

27 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Whenever I get a friend invite or message on PSN, it’s the first thing I check. 0 trophies means Report and Block. Nothing in common means the friend invite is random and is deleted. 

I have in the past check trophies of people who have posted in the forum. If they post asking for help, I usually will check to see if they have recieved the trophy yet before commenting. Unless its something that I struggled on as well, then I will comment just in case someone else stumbles across the forum looking for help as well.

• Like 1

I like to play in the forums every once in a while such as rate the plats, pick a platinum in common, plat you're jealous of, etc. I also look at recent achievers for platinums I'm going for to see what route/order they were earned and see if I was thinking the same thing. Find a few cheaters now and then doing this too... Fun stuff.

• Like 1

All the time -- they're a great source of ideas for the next game, especially the rarest trophy panel.  Led to awesome games like SteamWorld Heist, Defender's Quest, Darkest Dungeon, CatleStorm, Invisible, Inc, Mars War Logs, From Dust, CounterSpy -- too many to list!  There were some duds too, but it's a fun alternative to PS Store promotions.

• Like 3

Sometimes but that only relates to PSNProfiles. If I'm trying to get certain trophies, I'll look up the game listing on this site and see who recently has been playing. 

Also whenever I used to play Overwatch, I'd look at recent players trophies lists out of boredom and to kill time until my next match. It was pretty pointless though since the average person is not a trophy hunter and only ever played Battle Royale FPSs, Minecraft or Sport Games.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Damn, blocking? xD Why? I mean I get it if it's a Fortnite PFP, or the psn ID is: gamer-girl1232.. But maybe you can meet cool people that are not great hunters nah? Unless you are not intrested in this ofc.

7 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

I can't speak for everyone and I'm sure this thread will prove me wrong, but I generally don't think people really tend to actually look at each others trophies much at all unless the person is actively promoting/talking about their trophies and whatnot (though it's clear some check because they want to use someone's profiles to criticise their opinion on these forums).

Well, I mostly look into people I find on game sessions, and on forums (If I find their post interesting, just want to have a better idea of the personality)

6 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I like to play in the forums every once in a while such as rate the plats, pick a platinum in common, plat you're jealous of, etc. I also look at recent achievers for platinums I'm going for to see what route/order they were earned and see if I was thinking the same thing. Find a few cheaters now and then doing this too... Fun stuff.

Oh interesting! Around how many cheaters you got so far?

6 hours ago, pogo_loco said:

All the time -- they're a great source of ideas for the next game, especially the rarest trophy panel.  Led to awesome games like SteamWorld Heist, Defender's Quest, Darkest Dungeon, CatleStorm, Invisible, Inc, Mars War Logs, From Dust, CounterSpy -- too many to list!  There were some duds too, but it's a fun alternative to PS Store promotions.

Very smart use! Plus, you'll have a better idea of how hard/long the trophy hunt for that game will be, when you compare in general.

5 hours ago, Void said:

not really and i keep mine hidden

Oh.. Why? Being in a trophy community and not sharing your trophies, nor looking at others? It's a pure personal satisfaction huh? I'm really curious about why hiding tho.. If it's okay for you to share. :I

5 hours ago, ScarecrowsFate said:

Rarely. Like most humans, I'm mainly concerned with my own accomplishments.

"Most humans"? Hm... I mean to achieve your own accomplishments, don't you compare with others to set the goals? Like to do better, get advice ect? I find other people "accomplishments" very interesting, in a way it can help you to get to yours quicker, to know what is waiting for you and set even bigger ones! That's why constantly keeping an eye out is important.
Buuuut that's just an opinion.. an internet guy opinion.

5 hours ago, AlphaOmegaSid said:

Yes, I do rarely, but I am very critical/particular about it.

My strict prerequisites……..

(1) Must have NO hidden Trophies.

(2) Must have Country/World Rankings.

(3) Must have 2.00 or less average Trophies per day.

(4) Must have a Trophy Rarity of 38.00% or less average with an overall completion rate of games at 97% or above.

(5) If you have 100% Trophy Completion, you must have at least 5 games that will endanger/risk your perfect profile. Examples: Street Fighters; “rhythm” games; Ninja Gaidens; Gran Turismos; Platinum games like Vanquish; WipeOuts; Mortal Kombats; you get the idea……….

(6) Must have NO crappy games like Hanna Montana and that Mayo game, those “Trophy Whore” type of games.

(7) Must have NO stacked games of the same games.

There are countless PSN Trophy Profiles so, I disregard a majority of them by having these inflexible criterias, even just 1 of these requirements broken will nullify my interest of gander.

LMAO YOU PICKY! But I understand. What you describe up here is the kind of account I want to have, but you know not all hunters are old, maybe new ones are coming and wanting to get to this level, It's still cool to take a look at their journey. But yeah, with this many hunters you have to right to see what you want, just saying that sometimes you should give a chance to everything in life, things are not always the way they look.

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

So I guess my two stacks of Ys Origin's UR plat is worthless to you then?  That's a 100+ hour plat and not exactly EZPZ.  While I get many other features of my profile don't meet your strict criteria I think you very much need to understand that not all stacks are easy games and are done for the sake of adding to plat count.  There are games that have stacks because a release on another console has added content with trophies or the release in another region has a different publisher and someone getting both plats is doing it out of love for the game rather than padding plat count.

Tell me, since there is so many stack hunters why do this? You know they usually stack easy games, because of that, even when I see stacked games I have the reaction to leave. They all look the same and it wouldn't tell me much about their real tastes. As to you, I see that you stack for pure fun, but doesn't bother you that it might.. "pollute" your list ? It can be very missleading.

Edited by Mui-Desu

8 hours ago, Mui-Desu said:

Oh.. Why? Being in a trophy community and not sharing your trophies, nor looking at others? It's a pure personal satisfaction huh? I'm really curious about why hiding tho.. If it's okay for you to share. :I

I have a degree of OCD and I do not like trophies because of it. I am on this site because the folks here are much nicer than GameFAQs, sometimes trophy guides are better than normal guides and I myself like helping (hence why I have several written guides).

• Like 1