Do you look at other people's trophies?

Mui-Desu

9 hours ago, Mui-Desu said:

Tell me, since there is so many stack hunters why do this? You know they usually stack easy games, because of that, even when I see stacked games I have the reaction to leave. They all look the same and it wouldn't tell me much about their real tastes. As to you, I see that you stack for pure fun, but doesn't bother you that it might.. "pollute" your list ? It can be very missleading.

I play stacks for a few reasons. 

1. The game is cross-buy and has stacks.  I feel if I am given two stacks that I own two versions of the game and both are a part of my backlog until played and completed.  In many cases I did enjoy the game enough to want to play it again and if I have another stack I may as well get some trophies from it.

2. I import some games.  When those games come out in English, they will have another stack due to different publisher.  I'm not going to forego playing either version because if I love a game enough to import it, I love it enough to still be interested in playing it in English once it's released and feel that it is worth playing in Japanese because the release is two years earlier than the English one currently.  In these cases I'm buying both versions and they aren't going to be cheap since importing a Japanese physical copy tends to be over $100 even for a standard edition.  These probably won't be as evident as stacks though due to the titles being in different languages and won't be listed next to each other, but they are stacks still.

3. Some games I've played had a "vanilla" version released on one console and then an expanded port released later on another.  Since these often have trophies for the expanded content, they usually have stacks due to the different trophy lists.  For me, this applies to Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana and Tokyo Xanadu, but a more common recent example of this was Persona 5 and the Royal version recently released.  In these cases the players are going to be buying both copies.  This is often done because at first only the vanilla existed and the player wants to play the expanded port later, but some like to play both versions as well.

Now I'll honestly say, I only feel games should have stacks in the 2nd and 3rd case.  I don't think different region or platform is enough to justify another stack when the trophies and publisher are the same.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 1

I mean to achieve your own accomplishments, don't you compare with others to set the goals? Like to do better, get advice ect?

Not really; there are usually guides if I need help. This trophy stuff isn't a competition for me—I've always been a completionist, even before achievement systems (and the Internet) came into existence. Back then, there was no one to brag to, or compare to, but that didn't affect my interest in seeing everything a game had to offer.

I view this hobby in much the same way as I used to view bodybuliding/fitness (before I got too injured to do it): I only care if I'm making progress, not about what the other guy's physique looks like.

• Like 2

I only look when someone sends me a friend request on PSN, I check out there trophies to see if we have any games in common as I get random requests from people I don't know in IRL, so I try to figure out why they sent the request. 

I also look at my real life friends and my brother to see where they are at. My brother has now hid all his trophies to private so no one can see them, probably after he found out that I had way more than him.

• Like 2

Yeah...I do actually. Sometimes for strategic reasons, or to motivate myself to complete something or get my stats up simply because someone else did.

I tend though to only look at more competitive accounts I find through those posted trophy cards, to see what I should strive for. 

On occasion though I’ll look at someone’s profile if they’ve posted a more controversial comment on the forums. Just because.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Maverick6146 said:

Generally no but there are a few occasions.

1. checking the trophy progress on games i am currently playing and try to find some pattern

2. checking the profiles from those who made disputes and see anything funny there.

3. checking the progress for IDs that request coop/boosting (very rare though).

I fess up that I've looked at yours for the #1 reason since you're about the only other person I've seen around the forums playing Hajimari no Kiseki too.

• Like 1

On 15/09/2020 at 2:15 AM, AlphaOmegaSid said:

Yes, I do rarely, but I am very critical/particular about it.

My strict prerequisites……..

(1) Must have NO hidden Trophies.

(2) Must have Country/World Rankings.

(3) Must have NO Missing Timestamps.

(4) Must have 2.00 or less average Trophies per day.

(5) Must have a Trophy Rarity of 38.00% or less average with an overall completion rate of games at 97.00% or above.

(6) If you have 100% Trophy Completion, you must have at least 5 games that will endanger/risk your perfect profile. Examples: Street Fighters; “rhythm” games; Ninja Gaidens; Gran Turismos; Platinum developed games like Vanquish; WipeOuts; Mortal Kombats; you get the idea……….

(7) Must have at least 5 JRPGs Platinumed.

(8) Must have NO crappy games like Hanna Montana and that Mayo game, those “Trophy Whore” type of games.

(9) Must have NO stacked games of the same games.

There are countless PSN Trophy Profiles so, I disregard a majority of them by having these inflexible criterias, even just 1 of these requirements broken will nullify my interest of gander.

Don't ask for much do you mate. As for the question, I will look at someone else's account when I'm either looking for a boosting partner or picking a game or 100% from someone else's list other than that, no I don't look at other peoples lists, i have my own to worry about.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I fess up that I've looked at yours for the #1 reason since you're about the only other person I've seen around the forums playing Hajimari no Kiseki too.

and I did the same, LOL. And I can see you are a Falcom fan by looking at your trophy cabinet.

For  Hajimari no Kiseki, it was an impulse buying for me. The experience was great but i struggled at a few boss battles since i can't find much information online at this moment.

So, are you gonna grind to platinum at this moment, or wait for the coming patch (in Oct. i believe)?

• Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 9:15 PM, AlphaOmegaSid said:

Yes, I do rarely, but I am very critical/particular about it.

My strict prerequisites……..

(1) Must have NO hidden Trophies.

(2) Must have Country/World Rankings.

(3) Must have NO Missing Timestamps.

(4) Must have 2.00 or less average Trophies per day.

(5) Must have a Trophy Rarity of 38.00% or less average with an overall completion rate of games at 97.00% or above.

(6) If you have 100% Trophy Completion, you must have at least 5 games that will endanger/risk your perfect profile. Examples: Street Fighters; “rhythm” games; Ninja Gaidens; Gran Turismos; Platinum developed games like Vanquish; WipeOuts; Mortal Kombats; you get the idea……….

(7) Must have at least 5 JRPGs Platinumed.

(8) Must have NO crappy games like Hanna Montana and that Mayo game, those “Trophy Whore” type of games.

(9) Must have NO stacked games of the same games.

There are countless PSN Trophy Profiles so, I disregard a majority of them by having these inflexible criterias, even just 1 of these requirements broken will nullify my interest of gander.

Damn I was so close to making the cut too. ?

In all seroiusness tho, I actully like these rules 

I mean a 97% complate rate is super high.

But Im a pretty compative person, so if I could get it that high with the other rules Id be totally up to reach your stadard.

??

I think while were here Ill add my own set of rules that I think make up a beast profile...

Note:Im no were near a beast so I dont make the cut.

1.Must have at least 50 platinums

2.Must have at least 200 ultra Rares

3.Must at least have a completion rate of 95%.

4.Must have at least 10 platinums from Fighting games/JRPG's in total.

5.Must have at least 5 sub 1 platinums.

6.No pay to platinum games(Garbge like My Name is Mayo, Sound Shapes, etc.)

If anyone meets these rules, your a trophy monster hands down.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ExistentialSolid said:

I wouldn't worry about it. There will always be elitists out there that try to superimpose their own arbitrary definitions of what makes a profile "good" or "worth their time." 

I would not recommend following suit with your own set of restrictions. Just be yourself and check out the profiles of whoever catches your interest. If people out there want to rock a 3% completion rate or exclusively play easy games, then respect their preferences. 

I personally check out the profiles/trophies of random players all the time, usually for no particular reason other than to learn more about them. At best, a PSNP profile is a crude representation of a person's gaming habits and history on Playstation, nothing more. It shouldn't be some measuring stick for gaming talent and it certainly shouldn't be wielded like a tool to cast judgment on others for the way they choose to play video games.

I fully agree with this post whole heartly.

Mainly cus everyone games for diffent reasons.

Tho I would like to say, those rules I set are just my own personal standards.

I would never expect anyone to try to achive them, due to it being complently absurd.

Im just a person who always likes to go the extra mile.

I know not everyone is like that, and I fully understand and repect it.

Also there are Pro gamers who dont trophy hunt at all(and make bank btw lol)

So most of us have no right to call other ppl out for thier skill.

One last thing, you sir got a beastly profile regurdless.

And I love your Mega Man Volnut Pic.

Wish so badly we could get a New Legends game or a Remake of 1+2.

• Like 2

All the time! ?

I love browsing other people’s profiles for various reasons, but the 2 main reasons I find I like to creep profiles are:

1) Checking out what other people are playing/what kind of games they like etc.

2) Looking at stats, particularly how long it took someone to platinum a game.

Oddly enough, I’d say probably 80% of the time I end up on somebody’s PSNProfile, it’s because I’m seeing their name at 100% completion in the “recently played“ list of a game I’m either working on, or thinking of starting, and I’m curious to see how long it took them. I find this to be a great resource for estimating how long a platinum might take me to complete.

The other 20% of the time I’m probably skimming through someone’s games if they seem to have similar tastes as me, and finding games that I might be interested in playing and platinuming myself. The way the site is set up is fantastic for this, as you can click on anything interesting and be linked directly to the roadmap, leaderboards, and forum pages for that game. Also sometimes I see an interesting graphic in someone’s update banner or forum signature and am curious enough about what game it belongs to that I click and to check out their profile.

I also like to look at people’s profiles from around the community and get a sense of who the real trophy hunters are. I see tons of people whose lists are comprised of endless ugly stacks, and I always lose interest and click off pretty fast. But when I stumble upon some one who has a lot of trophies and a really diverse, varied list, I like to take some time to admire their collection and appreciate the journey they’ve been on. They may never know I’ve been peeping their profiles, but I know who the real ones are! ?

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Damn I was so close to making the cut too. 1f625.png

Mah men you shouldn't worry about that, you got a lit profile. Typically the kind of profile that I like to see: Polyvalent, hard games, RPGs, no stack, no play to plat, famous games and hidden gems.
Also you really got some balls going for the Wolfenstein II! I'm really to scared of it messing with my future 100% completion. xD 

11 hours ago, ExistentialSolid said:

At best, a PSNP profile is a crude representation of a person's gaming habits and history on Playstation, nothing more. It shouldn't be some measuring stick for gaming talent and it certainly shouldn't be wielded like a tool to cast judgment on others for the way they choose to play video games.

Exactly, there is no "better way" to hunt or play, we have different standards, reasons and just want to find people that share the same ideas and have fun talking about it, dass it.
Edit: Gotta say you have an amazing trophy list, it's really inspiring. I'll definitely take notes and go for some rare ones.

Edited by Mui-Desu
  • Like 3

Mah men you shouldn't worry about that, you got a lit profile. Typically the kind of profile that I like to see: Polyvalent, hard games, RPGs, no stack, no play to plat, famous games and hidden gems.
Also you really got some balls going for the Wolfenstein II! I'm really to scared of it messing with my future 100% completion. xD 

Exactly, there is no "better way" to hunt or play, we have different standards, reasons and just want to find people that share the same ideas and have fun talking about it, dass it.
Edit: Gotta say you have an amazing trophy list, it's really inspiring. I'll definitely take notes and go for some rare ones.

Thanks dude, maybe one day Ill have your 300 ultra rares.

As for Mein Leben, I think blased on your trophies you wouldnt have much of a probelm.

Dont get me wrong, its hard, like really hard its a sub 1 plat for a reason.

But it mostly just comes down to dying over and over again till you memoize each section.

Im getting old(27) so my reflexs are not what they used to be, so it took me 2 butal weeks. lol

I think you would clutch it tho.

?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Thanks dude, maybe one day Ill have your 300 ultra rares.

As for Mein Leben, I think blased on your trophies you wouldnt have much of a probelm.

Dont get me wrong, its hard, like really hard its a sub 1 plat for a reason.

But it mostly just comes down to dying over and over again till you memoize each section.

Im getting old(27) so my reflexs are not what they used to be, so it took me 2 butal weeks. lol

I think you would clutch it tho.

1f601.png

Well if you say so, I'll definitely give it a go! Thanks!

• Like 1