What's the longest game you've ever played?

Crzy Minus

Single-player:

The game I played for the longest amount of time would likely be Grand Theft Auto V or Skyrim (both on xbox 360 and Playstation 4) with more than 500 hours in both of them. Though if we're talking about the longest game I've ever played (and not the game I played for the longest time) I'd have to go with Assassin's Creed Odyssey including all of its DLC. First of all I made the mistake to delete my entire first playthrough (I was almost done with the story.....). after that I started a new playthrough and bought myself the season pass (to get 100% completion) and god...... it seemed like forever to complete the DLCs. It took me so incredibly long......

Multi-player:

As for Multi-player games I'd have to go with either Smite, Black Ops 3 or Overwatch. I spent days playing those games, skipping classes for them and even skipping dinners just to play them.

Edited by its_ArchroniX

I'm not the type of gamer that puts thousands of hours into a game. I'm very 1 and done with most. Borderlands 2 would be the game I've put the most time into in the modern day with somewhere between 500-600 hours. 

But for a game from start to finishing the last DLC for 100% would be Assassin's Creed: Odyssey. Put nearly 300 hours into that game...loved every minute of it. Look forward to more of it in Valhalla. 

• 3 weeks later...

I spent a large amount of time playing Call of Duty multiplayer, especially when I was younger. I don't even want to imagine how much time in total for all the games in the series. I am glad I kind of outgrew that game. I still play them every now and then, usually when friends want to play.

I'd like to say Persona 4 Golden, I've played through the game 10+ times and have easily put more than 1000+ hours in to it, it's my favourite game and after multiple playthroughs I'm still not sick of it. But then I think about Final Fantasy XIV and how much time I've spent playing it since 2013, I have no idea how much time I've put in to it but I know it eclipses 1000 hours. 

• 2 weeks later...

Longest single playthrough: Persona 4 Golden. Took me 70 or so hours to complete the story, and about a year in real time.

Largest amount of time spent overall? LittleBigPlanet 2 and LittleBigPlanet 3. I've probably dumped 1,000+ hours into both games over the years. Possibly even 1,000 hours each. There's no specific in-game play time counter, though, so I'm just assuming that.

Other games I've spent unreasonable amounts of time playing are ModNation Racers before the servers closed (more than 100+ hours total) and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (300+ hours according to the console's Activity Log).

I had quite a few games, that has push me pass a certain mark. FFX is the first game that push me past the 200 hr mark. The second would be sword art online hollow fragment, spent 2 months doing the PS4 version, mainly level up to 200. Usually it takes me an average of 140 hrs, but both these games push me past the 200 hr mark, but I loved it.

Definitely have to say Zelda breath of the wild is the one with the most, did the normal & hard over 3 months before I seriously started trophy hunting. I did both masters trials, collected all Korak seeds in normal and only about 600 in hard. I say over 250 hrs, with all those korak seeds. Big Zelda fan, so it was worth it.

street fighter v - still playing this game, every now and again. Got a priceless trophy to get and it’s my go to fighting game at the mo. This will be 200+ hrs and counting and be most probably the only game that will take the top spot. Love the series and not giving up, until I got my 2 subs mastered.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Witcher III GOTY took 2 months and 6 days. Even with 'just' 30 hours a week that's 270 hours.

Tales of Symphonia took 199 hours. Witch and the Hundred Knight is also around 200 hours.

Nioh 2 is sitting on 495 hours (includes loads of multiplayer).

The Dark Souls games must've eaten up between 100-250 hours each. Even the new Demon's Souls touched the 140 hour mark.

Fallout 4 I think is also around 170 hours, Skyrim's a small one with only 130 I think.

Dragon Age: Origins might take a good second place: base game took 2 months and 3 days. Adding the 'DLC cleanup' of over 3 weeks puts it on almost 3 months. Estimated 420 hours spent on that.

At least these are worth paying full price for eh? :wub: