PS Now question

kmosesltd

Good morning all,

I'm contemplating on investing in getting Playstation Now subscription. I have a question though about it.

The reason I'm contemplating it is because I'm downsizing and need to get rid of my PS3 in the near future, I was hoping the PS5 would be backwards compatible all the way back to PS3 but I guess not.

Anyways, if I subscribe to Playstation Now, will I still earn trophies for a PS3 game played through PS Now on my PS4?

For example, if I subscribe to PS Now and play Red Dead Redemption 1 on PS4 through PS Now will I be able to continue to earn trophies towards the platinum? Or do I have to play the PS Now game on the respective console the game originally released on?

1 hour ago, GraniteSnake said:

Not every PS3 game on it comes with DLC included so keep that in mind if you like to 100% every game you play. I’d also recommend giving it a trial run beforehand to see how your internet holds up steaming PS3 games as they can’t be downloaded to your PS4 unfortunately.

Oh... so I'm playing the games live so to speak, without any data downloaded to your PS4?

4 minutes ago, darkrequiem7 said:

PS3 games are streamed via Ps Now on PS4. Local fles are not downloaded.

I had a further question. If i have a saved game on a physical ps3, can I upload that and use it in a ps now ps3 game?

It seems so based on the first answer to my original question but I'd like to know that as well.

34 minutes ago, darkrequiem7 said:

PS3 games are streamed via Ps Now on PS4. Local fles are not downloaded.

I had a further question. If i have a saved game on a physical ps3, can I upload that and use it in a ps now ps3 game?

36 minutes ago, kmosesltd said:

It seems so based on the first answer to my original question but I'd like to know that as well.

Generally speaking, yes you can. I tried it out with BioShock and it worked.

Just remember that this won't work for games from different regions. If the streamed PSNow version of a game is different from your home region, your save won't be compatible.

1 hour ago, kmosesltd said:

Oh... so I'm playing the games live so to speak, without any data downloaded to your PS4?

Yes, so you’ll need good internet otherwise the experience is truly awful.

You don’t have to stream PS4 games though which is great, those can be downloaded onto your PS4 and played like any other normal application.

28 minutes ago, GraniteSnake said:

Yes, so you’ll need good internet otherwise the experience is truly awful.

You don’t have to stream PS4 games though which is great, those can be downloaded onto your PS4 and played like any other normal application.

So it's just the PS3 and PS2 games that are streamed and not downloaded?

thanks for opening this thread, sorry to hijack it

What is you have earned a part of the trophies on a PS3, years ago, and you go now back to that game via Now, can you just earn the remaining trophies and thus get a platinum? In other words ; if all trophies are ticked although from different game sessions/saves the PlayStation system understand that it needs to unlock the platinum

For instance: if you have earned all online trophies of Killzone 2 and play the game via Now for the offline trophies; will it being put together and will it unlock the platinum?

if you have started a PS3 game, and play the game now via Now, it will be 1 trophy list? There is no separate list?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2020 at 9:56 AM, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

What is you have earned a part of the trophies on a PS3, years ago, and you go now back to that game via Now, can you just earn the remaining trophies and thus get a platinum? In other words ; if all trophies are ticked although from different game sessions/saves the PlayStation system understand that it needs to unlock the platinum

For instance: if you have earned all online trophies of Killzone 2 and play the game via Now for the offline trophies; will it being put together and will it unlock the platinum?

if you have started a PS3 game, and play the game now via Now, it will be 1 trophy list? There is no separate list?

This is exactly what I am wanting to know lol I have a lot of unfinished trophy lists but I no longer own the games and I pretty much only use my PS4 so I want to know this as well. 

On 17.9.2020 at 3:56 PM, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

Only in rare cases where there is a different trophy list for the digital and physical version will it be not possible.

Usually they are the same so it doesn't matter if you play through PS Now or a PS3.

• Like 1