Online Shut Down 10/31/2020

DEI2EK

13 minutes ago, Lynch25203012 said:

Will this affect the platinum or is it just an added feature?

6 minutes ago, dakk55 said:

Well, I'm not sure if it would actually affect the trophies. As I recall, the guide did not mention any online trophies.

The Platinum will become unobtainable once the servers go offline, because the following Scrap Crew challenges are only obtainable whilst you're connected to the Scrap servers:

* A Penny Saved - Earn 500 scrap from Scrap Crews
* Dividend - Earn 2000 scrap from Scrap Crews

EDIT: Ninja'd by my own comment.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

The Platinum will become unobtainable once the servers go offline, because the following Scrap Crew challenges are only obtainable whilst you're connected to the Scrap servers:

* A Penny Saved - Earn 500 scrap from Scrap Crews
* Dividend - Earn 2000 scrap from Scrap Crews

Huh, fair enough. The guide here on PSN did not mention that trophy was an online trophy. 

• Like 2

Just now, HuntingFever said:

The Guide here is outdated and could use a tune up IMO.

Yeah it says quite a few trophies are unobtainable but there was a patch to fix the races right?

I had a trophy glitch on me when i played years ago and it killed my desire to continue. Hopefully it doesn't glitch on me again.

9 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Yeah it says quite a few trophies are unobtainable but there was a patch to fix the races right?

I had a trophy glitch on me when i played years ago and it killed my desire to continue. Hopefully it doesn't glitch on me again.

The races were fixed a year or two back but AFAIK, the only glitched trophy is "Looked Everywhere", though there are a myriad of glitches that can force a save file reload if they occur.

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

The races were fixed a year or two back but AFAIK, the only glitched trophy is "Looked Everywhere", though there are a myriad of glitches that can force a save file reload if they occur.

I had the complete all optional camp objectives glitch on me personally which is apparently a common glitch too

Hopefully i have better luck as i'm going to start a fresh playthrough and go for the plat soon

23 minutes ago, talenm said:

Does anybody know how long it takes to beat these 2 challenges? How far do i need to progress in the game?

From what i can remember it's one of if not the last thing i did for the platinum. Pretty sure it takes a long time to get 2000 scrap from scrap crews. 

• Like 2

I still don't understand the obsession of some developers to add online trophies to a mostly single player game....

Thankfully I already have the platinium years ago when I bought it, it's a really good game but going for the platinium can get tedious for sure. I don't remember well about those two trophies but my recommendation if someone want or already started the game and is really concerned about not 100% you can rush the game to end and focus on those two trophies.

Also if someone knows how to contact Avalanche maybe askint them about that could give you a clear answer of what to expect.

• Like 3