Online Shut Down 10/31/2020

DEI2EK

3 minutes ago, DeathSquidGames said:

Anyone know if it is possible to complete the two online challenges without popping a trophy? Debating on if I want this, but don’t want to be locked out of doing it later if so.

Not possible. Honestly, I wouldn’t fret about it. The online challenges are easy to get, you just need a solid week out of the game to accrue enough scrap to earn the two challenges. The game has a reputation for being a glitchy mess, and it was at some point, but I just put in 70 hours for the platinum and didn’t have a single issue to cause me to use a backup save.

i say go for it! It was an incredibly fun game!! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DeathSquidGames said:

Anyone know if it is possible to complete the two online challenges without popping a trophy? Debating on if I want this, but don’t want to be locked out of doing it later if so.

Nope, you'll unlock story related trophies before reaching the first scrap crew point on Jeet's fortress

1 hour ago, DeathSquidGames said:

I say go for the platinum. If you’re worried about an unfinished game being on your profile I wouldn’t fret too much with this game, you have the time, just start it. It’s a great game regardless of the urgency. 

15 hours ago, Riszcky said:

I've noticed if you complete everything, you'll earn more scrap after the story and territories are at 0 threat. For 24 hours, I'd get 400-600 scrap, but after completing absolutely everything and waiting for scrap crews, I got 880 for 12 hours, and on my second account I got 1612 scrap for around 24 hours waiting. If it gets close to the end of the month, those people still going at it should finish everything asap and let their scrap crew sit there. They'll get easily 1500 in 24+hours. Only 3 weeks left as of today

This is not true....so this is an odd claim. The rate of scrap does not change regardless of what is done in the game. I completed nearly everything in game in a day and a half, and no change in the rate of scrap earned afterwards. It’s consistent throughout. So I’m not sure how you’re getting your stats. 

On 15.9.2020 at 6:19 PM, Varhur said:

I heard that even after the plat-fixing patch, the game is still highly glitchy and bad decision can require repeating entire game, where do I find more about this?

I played over 80 hours havent completed it and the game fucked me by not letting me harpoon the gate in the as the wrench turns wasteland side mission where i would get the last upgrade so i can repair my car faster ?

3 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

This is not true....so this is an odd claim. The rate of scrap does not change regardless of what is done in the game. I completed nearly everything in game in a day and a half, and no change in the rate of scrap earned afterwards. It’s consistent throughout. So I’m not sure how you’re getting your stats. 

This IS true. I just got the plat on both my accounts in the last 10 days. Finished everything and got 403x4. Only thing different was I had everything done. I'm getting my stats from my own experience..

Here's my 1612 scrap

This game is easily doable in 3 days. Potentially even 2.5 if you speedrun absolutely everything and wait 20-24hours for this scrap while also earning scrap online the whole time playing (which, yes, is a thing). So all those 7 or so people who got removed from the leaderboards for being faster than 5 days (except for maybe one guy) probably actually did it legit.

Edited by Riszcky

24 minutes ago, Riszcky said:

This IS true. I just got the plat on both my accounts in the last 10 days. Finished everything and got 403x4. Only thing different was I had everything done. I'm getting my stats from my own experience..

Here's my 1612 scrap

This game is easily doable in 3 days. Potentially even 2.5 if you speedrun absolutely everything and wait 20-24hours for this scrap while also earning scrap online the whole time playing (which, yes, is a thing). So all those 7 or so people who got removed from the leaderboards for being faster than 5 days (except for maybe one guy) probably actually did it legit.

How do you earn scrap online while playing? I tried exiting and reloading the game like you mentioned in a previous post, but it never works.

Just now, CrimsonMercury said:

How do you earn scrap online while playing? I tried exiting and reloading the game like you mentioned in a previous post, but it never works.

After a session of playing for however many hours, usually has to be longer than 20-30mins, I'd go back to a stronghold and let it save. Then get in the car to leave and let it autosave again. Quit the game and instantly reload it. I'd spawn inside the stronghold and it'd give me scrap equivalent to how long my session was. If it didn't give it to me, which has happened maybe twice, I'd instantly quit and reload again.

2 hours ago, SeniorRicketts said:

I played over 80 hours havent completed it and the game fucked me by not letting me harpoon the gate in the as the wrench turns wasteland side mission where i would get the last upgrade so i can repair my car faster 1f621.png

You haven’t played since March 2017. There’s been a few updates since then so maybe your problem is now fixed.

11 minutes ago, Riszcky said:

After a session of playing for however many hours, usually has to be longer than 20-30mins, I'd go back to a stronghold and let it save. Then get in the car to leave and let it autosave again. Quit the game and instantly reload it. I'd spawn inside the stronghold and it'd give me scrap equivalent to how long my session was. If it didn't give it to me, which has happened maybe twice, I'd instantly quit and reload again.

Do you quit to the main menu or close the application completely? And do you select resume game or load game?

2 minutes ago, CrimsonMercury said:

Do you quit to the main menu or close the application completely? And do you select resume game or load game?

By quit I mean close app while I'm in my vehicle out front of the stronghold. And resume game. If that's not working, I really don't know. Told my mate to do that and he got it to work.

Edited by Riszcky

8 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

You haven’t played since March 2017. There’s been a few updates since then so maybe your problem is now fixed.

Calm down stalker

Nah just kidding

I played before and after the last update 2 years ago or whenever that was 

Im playing right now still the same 

These fkn devs man

Is it really that hard...

1 hour ago, Riszcky said:

Here's my 1612 scrap

I had everything done as well and did not make anywhere near that amount within 24 hours so I just find that very strange. The amount of scrap earned is definitely at a set rate, I’ve played through the game many times to confirm this.

And yes, I know it’s a thing...I highlighted the ability to earn scrap in the background while playing in my forum post earlier this month. I was probably one of the first people to bring it to people’s attention here. 

And 7 people? I don’t know where you’re getting that number from...the people I flagged were certainly cheaters, doing some simple math and looking at the time stamps is all you have to do to determine if ‘Up to the Task’ is being earned way too early. The first 3 spots were held for the longest time by cheaters, #2 and #3 spots being the same person on separate accounts. 

Edit: Showing me a screenshot of you earning over 1600 scrap does not prove that you got it in 24 hours. I don’t even know why you have a screenshot of that in the first place, but I know for certain you cannot earn that amount in 24 hours. 

Edited by HoorayForTyler

2 hours ago, Riszcky said:

By quit I mean close app while I'm in my vehicle out front of the stronghold. And resume game. If that's not working, I really don't know. Told my mate to do that and he got it to work.

It worked, thanks! Very useful trick for people starting late.

1 hour ago, HoorayForTyler said:

I had everything done as well and did not make anywhere near that amount within 24 hours so I just find that very strange. The amount of scrap earned is definitely at a set rate, I’ve played through the game many times to confirm this.

I don't know man, it seems pretty inconsistent to me. Sometimes i'll leave it overnight for ten hours and only earn 200 scrap, and other times i'll be gone for just an hour and come back to 100 scrap.

1 hour ago, CrimsonMercury said:

I don't know man, it seems pretty inconsistent to me. Sometimes i'll leave it overnight for ten hours and only earn 200 scrap, and other times i'll be gone for just an hour and come back to 100 scrap.

I’ve done loads of tests for the forums and have never received anywhere near 1600 scrap in 24 hours—let alone 1000—and that’s tests done on multiple playthroughs on separate accounts. During my hours of gameplay there has been no inconsistencies in the amount of scrap I’ve received with all four strongholds built, so getting 1600 scrap in 24 hours is highly improbable. You would get a third of that probably, but definitely not 1600. 

Edited by HoorayForTyler
  • Like 1

I've built the three Scrap Crews and turning it off to let the scrap build up for the first time. My scavenger counts are consistent. The container in Pink Eye's territory didn't glitch on me so I have that collected too. I'm not gonna progress any further until I have the amount of scrap I need for the challenge. Am I good to get to the platinum after that so long as I keep those scavenger location counts consistent with my statistics?

2 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

I've built the three Scrap Crews and turning it off to let the scrap build up for the first time. My scavenger counts are consistent. The container in Pink Eye's territory didn't glitch on me so I have that collected too. I'm not gonna progress any further until I have the amount of scrap I need for the challenge. Am I good to get to the platinum after that so long as I keep those scavenger location counts consistent with my statistics?

Yes, you should be fine! After every session just make sure the statistics add up correctly and everything else should be a breeze. I’d make a separate autosave slot that doesn’t get overwritten after completing the scrap crew challenges just to be on the safe side too. GL

• Like 3

16 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

Got the plat lads, good luck to you all.

Didn't run into any gamebreaking bugs the whole time.

Congrats on the platinum! I earned my plat the night before you so we finished our trophy run at the same time. This October Mad Max Plat Race has been a fun journey and thanks for all the info you provided along the way. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, breakXedge said:

Never really checked how much scrap I get everytime, but I'm sure I've received ~400 x4 strongholds, so yes, you can have 1600 at once. 

It's not a bad game, and I think it's hard to screw up your game. Just take your time and try not to die while scavenging.

Yeah exactly. I managed to do it on 2 accounts without a problem and a friend got 1400 or so too after completing everything. Definitely isn't a one off thing

5 hours ago, breakXedge said:

Never really checked how much scrap I get everytime, but I'm sure I've received ~400 x4 strongholds, so yes, you can have 1600 at once. 

It's not a bad game, and I think it's hard to screw up your game. Just take your time and try not to die while scavenging.

Do not misconstrue what I said...I never said you couldn’t get 1600 scrap at once I said it is not possible to get that amount in 24 hours. 

• Like 1