Online Shut Down 10/31/2020

DEI2EK

1 hour ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Do not misconstrue what I said...I never said you couldn’t get 1600 scrap at once I said it is not possible to get that amount in 24 hours. 

Oh true that, sorry man. Yeah, I don't know... Maybe you can rush any story missions and get the 4 strongholds asap.

1 hour ago, breakXedge said:

Oh true that, sorry man. Yeah, I don't know... Maybe you can rush any story missions and get the 4 strongholds asap.

No worries at all, no apology needed! I just don’t understand the misinformation being spread over the topic.

And no, trust me, completing everything early causes no changes to the amount of scrap accumulated.

Edited by HoorayForTyler

Got a problem

I was about to collect the rest of the scrap from The Uderbelly section in Gastown when I encounter this. The door is suppose to be open from the guide I watched, I think.

Note: I've already completed the mission Big Chief. I'm worried to continue if this is a bug. I need to know if this eventually opens once I progress further. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: Problem Fixed

w1UufwH.jpg

Edited by MarcusPunisher
problem fixed
  • Like 1

On 10/10/2020 at 1:53 PM, PerryToxteth said:

Not possible. Honestly, I wouldn’t fret about it. The online challenges are easy to get, you just need a solid week out of the game to accrue enough scrap to earn the two challenges. The game has a reputation for being a glitchy mess, and it was at some point, but I just put in 70 hours for the platinum and didn’t have a single issue to cause me to use a backup save.

i say go for it! It was an incredibly fun game!! 

So basically you need to be offline to gain this accumulation of Scrap for these two challenges?

20 minutes ago, Charizarzar said:

Been reading through this thread and must’ve changed my mind about 50 times about whether it’s worth starting the game or not.

I found this game to be pretty fun and overall well-made.  It's a little repetitive collectables wise, but what isnt.  I feel each camp and scavenging location is unique though and there's enough variety of enemies/fights to keep it somewhat fresh.

It's made me want to replay Rage and The Saboteur on my ps3 

Edit

With about 2 weeks left, you're fast approaching the now-or-never point.  I'd say 2 weeks is the point of no return for most people.  1 week if you speed through and set up 4 scrap collectors and focus only on the 2 challenges

Edited by AJ_-_808
  • Like 4

To anyone lookin to get the 'A Penny Saved' and 'Dividend' challenges, I HIGHLY recommend that you play the game until the start of act 3 so you can build the scrap crews on every stronghold (Jeet's, Gutgash's, Pink Eye's and Deep Friah's). It will save you lots of time than rather just keeping the game off for more days.

On 10/11/2020 at 6:26 PM, MarcusPunisher said:

Got a problem

I was about to collect the rest of the scrap from The Uderbelly section in Gastown when I encounter this. The door is suppose to be open from the guide I watched, I think.

Note: I've already completed the mission Big Chief. I'm worried to continue if this is a bug. I need to know if this eventually opens once I progress further. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: Problem Fixed

w1UufwH.jpg

For anyone still wondering how to unlock this section: do Deep Friah's first wasteland mission.

Does anybody know how many Scavenging Locations are mission locked? My numbers in stats and challenge progress match (210 & 174/191).

However my last challenge progress says I need 17 scavenging locations but only 16 icons are displayed on the map. Two of those locations are locked, 1 in Gutgash's territory and the other one in Jeet's. The latter wasn't displayed on the map when I built the Survey Crew, I had to travel near that location for the icon to appear. I don't remember if the location in Gutgash's domains wasn't displayed after building the respective survey crew.

Also there are 2 locations on the far side of the Dunes that I haven't been able to loot. I think I read one is mission locked, the one inside a bunker. I also read the other one should have an entrance somewhere nearby but I haven't went there since that time.

So far I'm counting 3 mission locked scavenging locations. I also read the locations inside Gastown are locked however I can see 2 icons there.

I'm 100% sure Max hasn't died when looting and 95 - 98% sure he hasn't died while saving. I believe however that I quitted the game a few times by pressing the PS button instead of exiting to Main Menu first.

Edited by Deceptrox

6 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

Does anybody know how many Scavenging Locations are mission locked? My numbers in stats and challenge progress match (210 & 174/191).

However my last challenge progress says I need 17 scavenging locations but only 16 icons are displayed on the map. Two of those locations are locked, 1 in Gutgash's territory and the other one in Jeet's. The latter wasn't displayed on the map when I built the Survey Crew, I had to travel near that location for the icon to appear. I don't remember if the location in Gutgash's domains wasn't displayed after building the respective survey crew.

I'm 100% sure Max hasn't died when looting and 95 - 98% sure he hasn't died while saving. I believe however that I quitted the game a few times by pressing the PS button instead of exiting to Main Menu first.

Don't recall if any are mission locked but I had a mini freak out when I had one location left and no icons on the map. My last one was in Chumbucket's area in the western most part of the area. I had to be right on top of it for it to appear on the map and needed the harpoon to open it. If your numbers are good, there is a chance you are missing one either in Chumbucket's area or the dunes region that didn't pop up because you were not close enough to it. 

4 minutes ago, monkeydluffy512 said:

Don't recall if any are mission locked but I had a mini freak out when I had one location left and no icons on the map. My last one was in Chumbucket's area in the western most part of the area. I had to be right on top of it for it to appear on the map and needed the harpoon to open it. If your numbers are good, there is a chance you are missing one either in Chumbucket's area or the dunes region that didn't pop up because you were not close enough to it. 

Thanks for the reply. I checked all 6 locations on Chumbucket's area and all were 100% looted, I guess your last location was the one where that door on the ground leads to a small underground area. 

I built the survey for everyone except Pink Eye but I didn'r realized that at the moment. So I used a guide and went to every scavenging location in Chumbucket's, Jeet's, and Gutgash's territories, except for those 2 mission locked all were already looted. I then realized Pink Eye's survey crew wasn't built and I got the last project part. 

Hopefully one location in Pink Eye's or the Dunes isn't showing yet, I'll check that later. 

37 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

Also there are 2 locations on the far side of the Dunes that I haven't been able to loot. I think I read one is mission locked, the one inside a bunker. I also read the other one should have an entrance somewhere nearby but I haven't went there since that time.

So far I'm counting 3 mission locked scavenging locations. I also read the locations inside Gastown are locked however I can see 2 icons there.

I had also like 3 or 4 scavenging locations not showing on the map because there was another icon above it, don't freak out like me! haha

4 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

2 in the dunes require the story to progress, you visit it twice in the story, gastown has two as well, one is for a side mission for Chum and another unlocks fully when you get the big chief and do deep friah's wasteland mission

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

2 in the dunes require the story to progress, you visit it twice in the story, gastown has two as well, one is for a side mission for Chum and another unlocks fully when you get the big chief and do deep friah's wasteland mission

@Deceptroxto add on to my post, the second visit will require you to come back and drive all the way through the underdune again to get the final 3 scrap after you complete the story mission, as the story mission makes you skip it, so when you get the mission to find a little girl in the underdune you'll do that mission, find 9/12 scrap then have to come back and get the last 3

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

@Deceptroxto add on to my post, the second visit will require you to come back and drive all the way through the underdune again to get the final 3 scrap after you complete the story mission, as the story mission makes you skip it, so when you get the mission to find a little girl in the underdune you'll do that mission, find 9/12 scrap then have to come back and get the last 3

Thanks for the reply. After watching a video I'm almost sure the one that's not showing is one in an underground Church, I don't remember having entering there nor collecting 13 scraps, I can't even find the entrance on the surface.

There are other 2 in The Dunes I can't access but their icons are displayed on the map.

Edited by Deceptrox

57 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

Thanks for the reply. After watching a video I'm almost sure the one that's not showing is one in an underground Church, I don't remember having entering there nor collecting 13 scraps, I can't even find the entrance on the surface.

There are other 2 in The Dunes I can't access but their icons are displayed on the map.

The church is also a wasteland mission you enter for pink eye, sorry forgot to say that

• Like 3

Okay, on my backup file I finally got the 2000 scrap from the scrap crews a few days ago, the ones needed to have online. I backed that one up in a usb. That file has nothing collected other than the stuff needed for scrap crews. Now I'm going through the regular save I did, the one when I first started the game and with that file I'm gonna also collect the server scrap as well but should go by faster. Now that I got the online scrap in my backup file and once I collect that scrap in my regular file, is there anything else that is tied to the servers to do for the platinum, or was the online scrap just what was needed before the servers go down? At the moment in my regular file I'm just now taking my time with the game and also being careful not to die when collecting things and whatnot. Progress is kinda slow since I'm alternating between this and playing RE2. So progress will be slow but yeah want to now if there's anything online related left. I imagine no but want to be sure.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ngamer-90 said:

Okay, on my backup file I finally got the 2000 scrap from the scrap crews a few days ago, the ones needed to have online. I backed that one up in a usb. That file has nothing collected other than the stuff needed for scrap crews. Now I'm going through the regular save I did, the one when I first started the game and with that file I'm gonna also collect the server scrap as well but should go by faster. Now that I got the online scrap in my backup file and once I collect that scrap in my regular file, is there anything else that is tied to the servers to do for the platinum, or was the online scrap just what was needed before the servers go down? At the moment in my regular file I'm just now taking my time with the game and also being careful not to die when collecting things and whatnot. Progress is kinda slow since I'm alternating between this and playing RE2. So progress will be slow but yeah want to now if there's anything online related left. I imagine no but want to be sure.

If you have earned the “A Penny Saved” and “Dividend” challenges, you have completed the online challenges. To verify, those should be listed under the challenges you have completed. 

Congrats! 

• Like 2