Online Shut Down 10/31/2020

DEI2EK

26 minutes ago, mattfry94 said:

Sorry to jump in on this late but please could you explain this to me and how it works/what I'm looking for? 

Sorry to be a pain, wish all of this stuff was nice and simple... 

It's tracked in 4 "tiers", so it'll go to 5/5, then 13/13, then 18/18, then 191/191. So once you're on the "final" tier of 191, you've done whatever the count is there, plus the 36 (5+13+18) completed in the previous tiers.

e.g. if you have 4/191, your stats should say you've done 40 locations. Or if you had 8/18, your stats would say 26 locations done.

Edited by MrManiacB
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, gamerultimate3dj said:

190/191 glitch here. 

Fuck this game. 

Are you sure it's the glitch and not a hidden scavenger site? What does the "locations completed" number in your stats say?

If your stats say 226 and your challenge says 190/191, you're not glitched.

If stats say 227 and your challenge says 190/191, then you are

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gamerultimate3dj said:

190/191 glitch here. 

Fuck this game. 

Make sure you are not missing a Scavenging Location. After I built all Survey Projects I was missing one Scavenging Location on the map, fortunately the one that wasn't displayed on the map unlocked while doing a wasteland mission for Pink Eye.

I see you already got the tropy for looting all Scavenging Locations, then your only bet is to revert to a previous autosave.

Edited by Deceptrox

I'm making good progress on my regular file. Should have the 2000 scrap the day after tomorrow. Just playing through the game normally atm and improving the strongholds. I did notice there is free dlc/vehicles parts you can download. Does that affect the trophies in any way? Or is it safe to download?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ngamer-90 said:

I'm making good progress on my regular file. Should have the 2000 scrap the day after tomorrow. Just playing through the game normally atm and improving the strongholds. I did notice there is free dlc/vehicles parts you can download. Does that affect the trophies in any way? Or is it safe to download?

I downloaded them and it didn't affect anything. Think there's one DLC Archangel. You don't need to do the death races with it to get those trophies.

On 18/10/2020 at 7:33 PM, Nastrondir said:

Is it possible to still get the plat by the shutdown even if I don't rush things too much? (and if no glitches accur that is) Would love to know if I can experience the game in a somewhat average pace or not? Thankful for answers

I'd prioritize getting the two Scrap Crew challenges. It'll only take a few hours to unlock all 4 of the hideouts. You should be good with getting those challenges before the servers are taken off depending on how quickly you unlock them. I think it took me a bit more than a week to get them. It took me about 60 hrs altogether to get the plat so you might not get the plat by shutdown but as long as you have those two challenges you should be fine. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, EoXers said:

I have 5/191 and 41 locations completed, am I ok?

36 from previous challenges + 5 from current challenge (aka Reaper of the Harvest) = 41. Yes you are good.

Got my "Up to the Task" trophy as well as the one for completing the story a little while ago. I'll leave the races-related trophies for later, for now I'll focus on other games.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Livingstone7728 said:

Developers have confirmed the platinum with still be obtainable after 10/31 and the only feature affected will be the online race leaderboards

That studio spokesman is talking out of their ass, because it has already been confirmed multiple times by actual players that the Scrap Crews won't give you any scrap if there's no connection to the Mad Max Servers - thus the Platinum will become 100% unobtainable once the servers going offline on the 31st.

4 minutes ago, EoXers said:

Cool, I didn't understand what you mean and now I'm scared

He's sarcastically telling you to add up the challenges and see if they equal 41.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, MrManiacB said:

It's tracked in 4 "tiers", so it'll go to 5/5, then 13/13, then 18/18, then 191/191. So once you're on the "final" tier of 191, you've done whatever the count is there, plus the 36 (5+13+18) completed in the previous tiers.

e.g. if you have 4/191, your stats should say you've done 40 locations. Or if you had 8/18, your stats would say 26 locations done.

Okay so I've got all four Strongholds and have made their Scrap Crews. I'm currently on 276/500 and have gone off the game to let it do its thing! 

In regards to the Wasteland Scavenger Locations I'm on 8/18 and the statistics say I've done 26 so I believe its okay, for now? I've made many auto saves and have backed up the saves on the cloud. Hopefully when I get the 2000 scrap, I'll make all the saves around after completing the 'A penny saved' & 'Dividend' from there on so if anything does glitch I have that safety net of never having to do the Scrap Crew stuff again...

Thanks for the help! (Everyone too, all of your info has been very useful)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mattfry94 said:

Okay so I've got all four Strongholds and have made their Scrap Crews. I'm currently on 276/500 and have gone off the game to let it do its thing! 

In regards to the Wasteland Scavenger Locations I'm on 8/18 and the statistics say I've done 26 so I believe its okay, for now? I've made many auto saves and have backed up the saves on the cloud. Hopefully when I get the 2000 scrap, I'll make all the saves around after completing the 'A penny saved' & 'Dividend' from there on so if anything does glitch I have that safety net of never having to do the Scrap Crew stuff again...

Thanks for the help! (Everyone too, all of your info has been very useful)

Yeah sounds good :) Just make sure you check every now and then, and always make sure that you've cleared out a scrap location before looting the final piece. The thing that seems to bug you out is if you die as you loot the final piece, or shortly after, so just make sure that doesn't happen.

2 minutes ago, Frostezin said:

So do you think it's better to shorten the offline period from 10 to 5 hours maybe?

It doesn't really matter. When i was going for the scrap i just checked in once a day and played something else while the scrap accumulated.

I'm just about finished the game, just finished Act 4 and got the final act left to go. But I'm really having difficulty with one combat challenge - Rattling Your Dags (Fill the fury meter in 10 seconds or less).

I am positive I have done this action plenty of times over the course of my game, and I even tried to do it recently with one of the scrap locations where there are at least 4 guys available.

I've looked up guides, who say, find a location with 3 to 4 guys, block and punch each guy twice then roll away, then let your Fury meter run out and then pick up a weapon and kill them with the weapon quickly. I still cannot get this challenge to complete correctly.

It is the only challenge I have left in the combat section. I hope this challenge is not glitched in some way.

Any suggestions for this challenge?

2 minutes ago, DysectorZA said:

I'm just about finished the game, just finished Act 4 and got the final act left to go. But I'm really having difficulty with one combat challenge - Rattling Your Dags (Fill the fury meter in 10 seconds or less).

I am positive I have done this action plenty of times over the course of my game, and I even tried to do it recently with one of the scrap locations where there are at least 4 guys available.

I've looked up guides, who say, find a location with 3 to 4 guys, block and punch each guy twice then roll away, then let your Fury meter run out and then pick up a weapon and kill them with the weapon quickly. I still cannot get this challenge to complete correctly.

It is the only challenge I have left in the combat section. I hope this challenge is not glitched in some way.

Any suggestions for this challenge?

What you should do is go to deep friah's location and go to a scavenging location as there are lots of enemies there, now hit them a couple of times to soften them up, then fill up your fury meter, let it drain out to empty, then go ham on them and because you kill so many so quickly it should fill your fury meter up quick enough