Online Shut Down 10/31/2020

DEI2EK

27 minutes ago, DysectorZA said:

Any suggestions for this challenge?

I did it at a location that had 5 guys. Gut shot 4 in quick succession and then just pound the 5th guy. The 4 gut shots get you to nearly full, but gotta punch the 5th guy because cant waste the time to reload the shotgun

1 hour ago, DysectorZA said:

I'm just about finished the game, just finished Act 4 and got the final act left to go. But I'm really having difficulty with one combat challenge - Rattling Your Dags (Fill the fury meter in 10 seconds or less).

I am positive I have done this action plenty of times over the course of my game, and I even tried to do it recently with one of the scrap locations where there are at least 4 guys available.

I've looked up guides, who say, find a location with 3 to 4 guys, block and punch each guy twice then roll away, then let your Fury meter run out and then pick up a weapon and kill them with the weapon quickly. I still cannot get this challenge to complete correctly.

It is the only challenge I have left in the combat section. I hope this challenge is not glitched in some way.

I used the following video:

Do as the video shows, weapon reverse an enemy and execute him with weapon while he is on the ground, then hit the other enemies with the weapon until they are dead always parrying when they are about to strike (if they hit you the fury meter will not fill in the required time). Those 3 enemies are enough.

Edited by Deceptrox

2 hours ago, DysectorZA said:

I'm just about finished the game, just finished Act 4 and got the final act left to go. But I'm really having difficulty with one combat challenge - Rattling Your Dags (Fill the fury meter in 10 seconds or less).

I am positive I have done this action plenty of times over the course of my game, and I even tried to do it recently with one of the scrap locations where there are at least 4 guys available.

I've looked up guides, who say, find a location with 3 to 4 guys, block and punch each guy twice then roll away, then let your Fury meter run out and then pick up a weapon and kill them with the weapon quickly. I still cannot get this challenge to complete correctly.

It is the only challenge I have left in the combat section. I hope this challenge is not glitched in some way.

Tougher enemies will make this easier to get. I wasn’t able to get it until completing Act IV as well. After finishing that act, the game ramps up the AI difficulty, which actually makes the challenge easier to achieve. I was able to get it by just pulling into a scavenging location in Pink Eye territory, jumping out of my car, and commencing a beat down. If a guy has a weapon, get him to attack, hit :cross: to reverse it on him, and go to town. 

On 9/15/2020 at 9:06 AM, DEI2EK said:

I had a trophy glitch on me when I played years ago and it killed my desire to continue. Hopefully, it doesn't glitch on me again.

I had it glitch with 3 challenges left for Up to the Task. I am still pissed about it. Had to restart to try and get this before servers shut down. 

Tips:

1. keep an eye on your statistics and your challenge page to make sure that your scavenger locations add up. There is a 5 challenge, 13 challenge, and an 18 challenge (36 altogether) before you begin the big one (191/191). If you are at the ###/191 challenge add 36 to what you have and it should add up to whatever your statistics page does. if not reload a previous save. 

2. Don't move on from a location until you complete all objectives. If you drive by, let's say, The Choke and blow up a transfer tank, don't leave until you complete it. I did that and went back to blow up the 5 remaining tanks to have it glitch on me. I blew up all 8 but the game registered 7/8 and couldn't complete the outpost, thus Pink Eye's territory, all optional objectives, or all locations...the last three challenges I needed. 

• Like 1

When I looking up the scavenger glitch the first, people just said to add 36 to the challenge progress and compare to your scavenged locations in statistics. but most never really explained why. The reason is there are 4 different scavenging locations challenges to complete:

Low Hanging Fruit - Complete 5 scavenging locations
What's Yours Is Mine - Complete 13 scavenging locations
Picking the Carcass - Complete 18 scavenging locations
Reaper of the Harvest - Complete 191 scavenging locations

Once you get to the 4th challenge, you add to the amount completed so far for the 4th challenge with what was completed in the previous 3 challenges: 5 + 13 + 18 = +36.

Or if you were in the middle of the Picking the Carcass challenge, you would add 5 + 13 to your 3rd challenge progress and then compare it with the number in statistics to make sure they equal.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, ChaseHQ said:

I haven’t started the game yet, is it doable if I buy it tomorrow & go for the platinum??

Yes, you still have time, but definitely prioritise the scrap collection and be very careful not to get glitched on the scavenging locations. Make saves often and check regularly and you should be fine.

As long as you have all the scrap by the end of the month (and aren't glitched), you can still earn the plat after that too.

• Like 3

Just unlocked Jeet's Crew. Might do at least the second crew later today to give myself some breathing room.

Wasn't going to bother at all TBH, but I need a chill game while catching up on podcats.

Sure was weird seeing this as one of the most popular at the start of the month though. Was wondering what the hell was going on lol

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

With only a week and a half left, you should probably set up all 4 crews, not just 1 or 2

I like living on the edge mate ?

6 per hour per crew. 500+2000 which is non-accumulative after first challenge is met. Jump in the car, drive out, fast travel back to make sure it saves - and also do this after a play session for whats accrued while playing. Don't die while collecting final scraps. Tally the Legends challenges with Statistics scavengers sites to avoid the glitch. Check that harpoon container door for anorther common glitch. I think I'll be good.

• Like 1

After completing the two online scrap challenges, checked if my scavenging locations match with my statistics, and opened the "glitched" container next to Pink Eye's I considered myself good to go for this plat and uploaded a savefile to the cloud just in case.

As of now I'm in a state where I don't really know what to do next... I was just progressing through the main story till I got the four fortresses up and running giving me scrap offline.

What should I do next? I know there are some challenges difficult to get in late stages of the game. Which ones should I prioritize first?

Don't really want to finish the main story so soon because I know there're looots of secondary stuff to do for this plat so I don't want it to get so boring.

Edited by BEAST_IHMOTEP
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, BEAST_IHMOTEP said:

After completing the two online scrap challenges, checked if my scavenging locations match with my statistics, and opened the "glitched" container next to Pink Eye's I considered myself good to go for this plat and uploaded a savefile to the cloud just in case.

As of now I'm in a state where I don't really know what to do next... I was just progressing through the main story till I got the four fortresses up and running giving me scrap offline.

What should I do next? I know there are some challenges difficult to get in late stages of the game. Which ones should I prioritize first?

Don't really want to finish the main story so soon because I know there're looots of secondary stuff to do for this plat so I don't want it to get so boring.

Id focus on the car combat challenges, basically all the non archangel challenges

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BEAST_IHMOTEP said:

As you lower threats, hit the scavenging locations in the vicinity. You don’t want to grind out 150+ sites at the end. Definitely work on car combat challenges as well, as those will take longer than the ground combat. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, S_i_m_o_n_e_y said:

Hello:)

Just spotted this screenshot with WB reply regarding the shutdown:

image0.jpg

Seems quite legit to me...What do you think of it? Because this would mean it's no rush:)

That info has been debunked multiple times and proven to be fake news, stemming from a woefully misinformed support person. Once the servers close, the Platinum will become 100% unobtainable due to the Scrap Crews being disabled so you can't collect any scrap from them and make progress towards the relevant challenges.

Edited by HuntingFever
Updated

41 minutes ago, S_i_m_o_n_e_y said:

Hello:)

Just spotted this screenshot with WB reply regarding the shutdown:

image0.jpg

Seems quite legit to me...What do you think of it? Because this would mean it's no rush:)

As I said in the other thread, this was mentioned here on PSNP earlier and was debunked.

Check this post: 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

Did you check your in-game stats? I believe it's out of 277 so you might have just missed one.

I got a trophy "Looked Everywhere" (Loot all Scavenging Locations, 227 in total) yesterday, but my statisitc says it's only 190 out of 191.

13 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

I got a trophy "Looked Everywhere" (Loot all Scavenging Locations, 227 in total) yesterday, but my statisitc says it's only 190 out of 191.

If the actual challenge itself isn’t complete you’re locked out of the “Up to the Task” trophy. I know this is the last thing you’d want to hear, but if the challenge isn’t complete and is stuck at 190/191 I would advise restarting the campaign and speeding through it before the shutdown. If you somehow have a previous hard save then reload it and check the statistics. 

• Like 2