Online Shut Down 10/31/2020

DEI2EK

12 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

If the actual challenge itself isn’t complete you’re locked out of the “Up to the Task” trophy. I know this is the last thing you’d want to hear, but if the challenge isn’t complete and is stuck at 190/191 I would advise restarting the campaign and speeding through it before the shutdown. If you somehow have a previous hard save then reload it and check the statistics. 

Yeah, I guess so. I already completed an online required task "Dividend" and now the only way is to load a previous save (which I made, of course, a couple of) and start looting all scavenging locations again. Well, it sucks, obviously, but I don't have a choice ? 

22 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

Yeah, I guess so. I already completed an online required task "Dividend" and now the only way is to load a previous save (which I made, of course, a couple of) and start looting all scavenging locations again. Well, it sucks, obviously, but I don't have a choice 1f604.png 

The same thing happened to me on my alt account ? I was all the way into Deep Friah’s territory and the glitch happened, had to reload a save all the way back into Act 1. It was not fun. You do have time to go through it again though, check those statistics regularly and make separate saves after every act or so! You got this. 

11 minutes ago, RedHotChiliFan1 said:

My Stats say I've got 23 Scavenging Locations completed and even my challenge says 5 /18.

So I should be good, right?

Is there anything else I need to worry about?

So far I had many sound glitches and I already died over 10 times lol

I believe the first two scrap challengs are for 5 locations and then 13 locations so you should be good for now! Other than that just be sure to switch the autosave slot every couple hours and check to make sure the statistics page matches with the challenge totals for scavenging locations.

2 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

Yeah, I guess so. I already completed an online required task "Dividend" and now the only way is to load a previous save (which I made, of course, a couple of) and start looting all scavenging locations again. Well, it sucks, obviously, but I don't have a choice 1f604.png 

Before you actually start all the looting again: Check if the numbers add up so you know if that save is still good! If it's still fine, load it but immediately save in another slot so you don't lose that save if it glitches again ;)

There's a total of 227 locations and the challenges have the following tiers:

5 - 13 - 18 - 191 = 227 in total.

So if the challenge says: 6/18 locations completed, you know you should have 5 + 13 + 6 = 24 locations according to your stats. If you have more in your stats, you have the glitch.

• Like 2

This makes me wonder about Just Cause 3 and Just Cause 4, developed by Avalanche Studios but were both published by Square Enix.

In both cases, Mad Max and the Just Cause games all have online integration, meaning you need an online connection for the most part despite the games being mostly single player. It's definitely a trend that doesn't sit well with me because I had constant issues with Just Cause 3, kept getting booted out of the Square Enix servers so I just did all the online trophies and played the rest of the game completely offline. Solved the logging in and out problem.

Just bought Just Cause 4 in a recent sale so I'll be seeing how the servers treat me on that game. Mad Max wasn't safe from the server shutdown, makes me wonder how Just Cause 3 will fare in the near future, seeing its servers are already messed up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, THE-73est said:

Is it too late if I start today? 9 days? How much scrap do you get a day. Mind you I have no idea what this game is even about apart from the Mad Max movies

If you can get the online scrap crew challenge done in time, you don't need to worry about server shutdown as long as you don't get the infamous Scavenging glitch. If you can get Up to the Task done, you are good to go.

Make several backup saves just in case. I got Mad Max done in just over a week, so you still have a few more days.

• Like 1

Just started today with two crews...Got 102 scraps after being 4,5h offline so for now my A Penny saved is 102/500.

Hope that I will get it done after next 20 hours and then maybe I'll manage to add the third crew to increase the rate and get Dividend in time...

Also, got 11 scavenging locations shown both in statistics and challenges so am I good for now? Apart from tracking progress of the locations and backing up the saves what else should I pay attention to not get glitched?

4 minutes ago, S_i_m_o_n_e_y said:

Just started today with two crews...Got 102 scraps after being 4,5h offline so for now my A Penny saved is 102/500.

Hope that I will get it done after next 20 hours and then maybe I'll manage to add the third crew to increase the rate and get Dividend in time...

Also, got 11 scavenging locations shown both in statistics and challenges so am I good for now? Apart from tracking progress of the locations and backing up the saves what else should I pay attention to not get glitched?

I saw somewhere that the bug is caused by dying shortly after getting a collectible, before the game can complete the auto-save. I never died soon after getting one and I didn't had any problem, just pay extra attention to cliffs and exploding barrels.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ElBolovo said:

I saw somewhere that the bug is caused by dying shortly after getting a collectible, before the game can complete the auto-save. I never died soon after getting one and I didn't had any problem, just pay extra attention to cliffs and exploding barrels.

If that's the only issue then I'm good so far:)

7 hours ago, Spaz said:

This makes me wonder about Just Cause 3 and Just Cause 4, developed by Avalanche Studios but were both published by Square Enix.

In both cases, Mad Max and the Just Cause games all have online integration, meaning you need an online connection for the most part despite the games being mostly single player. It's definitely a trend that doesn't sit well with me because I had constant issues with Just Cause 3, kept getting booted out of the Square Enix servers so I just did all the online trophies and played the rest of the game completely offline. Solved the logging in and out problem.

Just bought Just Cause 4 in a recent sale so I'll be seeing how the servers treat me on that game. Mad Max wasn't safe from the server shutdown, makes me wonder how Just Cause 3 will fare in the near future, seeing its servers are already messed up.

do you mean for the trophies or just playing the game? because you can play all those games offline 100% except for the 2-3 social trophy related gimmicks that are irrelevant to the actual game outside of the trophies they give

Just now, LockheedPrime said:

do you mean for the trophies or just playing the game? because you can play all those games offline 100% except for the 2-3 social trophy related gimmicks that are irrelevant to the actual game outside of the trophies they give

I had problems just playing the game because the Square Enix servers kept booting me out and logging me back in. I can't say how Just Cause 4 is because I haven't played it yet.

25 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I had problems just playing the game because the Square Enix servers kept booting me out and logging me back in. I can't say how Just Cause 4 is because I haven't played it yet.

The thing i hated the most about JC3 is that the game literally reset all stats every time you played offline.

Just now, Lance_87 said:

The thing i hated the most about JC3 is that the game literally reset all stats every time you played offline.

I actually hated the sharp dip in frame rate when you were storming an enemy base. The game felt like it was going down into the single digits.

On 10/23/2020 at 1:46 PM, Spaz said:

idk how it was at launch, I played it later and the game has an offline mode, the square servers are not required

Edited by EDGES

Great guide for anybody thinking about starting the game still, but about this:

6 hours ago, Guardian_owl said:

1 Scrap crew takes a little over 8 days to get 2000, 2 scrap crews take a little over 4 days, 3 scrap crews take a little under 3 days, and 4 scrap crews take a hair over 2 days.

What maths did you use here? I was under the impression you got 1 scrap from each crew every 10 minutes (6 scrap/crew/hour). I checked this myself once and got 9 scrap after ~90 minutes. This would put it at around 3.5 days for 4 crews to get 2000 scrap.