Online Shut Down 10/31/2020

DEI2EK

18 hours ago, LockheedPrime said:

do you mean for the trophies or just playing the game? because you can play all those games offline 100% except for the 2-3 social trophy related gimmicks that are irrelevant to the actual game outside of the trophies they give

call-out. beat another challenge. beat another call-out challenge. very easy

starting tomorrow will be cutting the deadline for the online feat if want it in time for mad max.

keeping system off until the crews get the required scrap etc.

Edited by kingdrake2

16 hours ago, mekktor said:

Great guide for anybody thinking about starting the game still, but about this:

What maths did you use here? I was under the impression you got 1 scrap from each crew every 10 minutes (6 scrap/crew/hour). I checked this myself once and got 9 scrap after ~90 minutes. This would put it at around 3.5 days for 4 crews to get 2000 scrap.

You are correct, I got some bad information. It is 144 per 24 hours per scrap crew, I just tested it. Which means if you start it today, 2 scrap crew aren't going to be enough. You need to get at least 3 scrap crews running by end of day to have a chance of making it.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, radq said:

Is possible to finish these challenges in 4 days?

In theory you might just scrape by but personally, I wouldn't even remotely consider attempting these challenges at this point if you haven't already got at least the first one done. There is a possibility of a 2 day extension to the shutdown date but it all depends on if WB decides to have someone come into work this Saturday to turn the servers off as planned or if they decide to wait until Monday and then shut them down, because it's very unusual for the server closures to be carried out on a weekend.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

On 10/21/2020 at 7:51 AM, GeminiEntity said:

Like others have said, take....

On 10/20/2020 at 7:26 PM, AJ_-_808 said:

I did it at a location that had 5 guys...

On 10/20/2020 at 8:15 PM, Deceptrox said:

I used the following video:

On 10/20/2020 at 9:14 PM, PerryToxteth said:

Tougher enemies will make this easier to get...

On 10/21/2020 at 7:51 AM, GeminiEntity said:

Like others have said, take a weapon guy....

On 10/20/2020 at 6:57 PM, DEI2EK said:

What you should do is go to deep friah's location....

Thank you to everyone that replied. It was a mission get this challenge. I watched multiple videos, read multiple guide, followed all the suggestions, and I still could not get it right. After 3 hours of trying, I eventually said, screw it, I'm going to carry on with the game and do something. The challenge eventually popped up randomly on it's own at some point, and I can't even remember what I was doing to get it.

Now I'm focusing on the car challenges, and those are starting to become tedious and I'm having to look up videos on each of them that aren't clear enough. At least I don't have many left to go.

Looked Everywhere and Up To The Task must be the two most stupid trophies I have ever come across in a video game. Both are some of the most tedious collectothons ever and pad out the game for no reason. If the game did not have these two trophies, the game would be a quite an enjoyable Plat.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, radq said:

Thanks for the answers guys, do you have any good guide or tips for this?

Scroll up a bit for my long post, If you want to get this done, you are going to have to power through Act 1 and Act 2 in one sitting to get all 4 scrap crews running today.  After completing the scrap crew for the stronghold you are in, focus on the green story missions to keep the story moving.

Edited by Guardian_owl

I contemplated starting the plat so many times and only just now saw this thread about server shutting down for a game I thought to be completely solo-offline. Unfortunately my internet s*** so it will take a while just to install the game but I feel like trying anyway even though I have read that post about needing to have all 4 crews running by the end of today.

I have not seen how that mechanic works in-game and I was wondering, wouldnt it be possible to have them look for scrap before the servers shut-down and then launch the game days later to possibly have them to have gotten scraps for the entire period your game was closed?

Edited by Windex-Qc-
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Windex-Qc- said:

I contemplated starting the plat so many times and only just now saw this thread about server shutting down for a game I thought to be completely solo-offline. Unfortunately my internet s*** so it will take a while just to install the game but I feel like trying anyway even though I have read that post about needing to have all 4 crews running by the end of today.

I have not seen how that mechanic works in-game and I was wondering, wouldnt it be possible to have them look for scrap before the servers shut-down and then launch the game days later to possibly have them to have gotten scraps for the entire period your game was closed?

There's a chance that wont work if you have to connect to their server to collect the scrap.  The accumulation would either be held server side, or run a time check against the server clock.

You still have enough time to pull it off, but the clock is ticking.

2 hours ago, SonneeD said:

I just got Dividend and uploaded my save just in case something goes wrong or I get a plat-stopping glitch.  Just to make sure, there isn't anything else I need to do before the servers shutdown, right?

Correct

9 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

There's a chance that wont work if you have to connect to their server to collect the scrap.  The accumulation would either be held server side, or run a time check against the server clock.

I am almost certain that platinum will still be available after October 31st, I think the internet connection is sufficient to check the time. We will see ...., I do not want to give false hope to anyone

11 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

This^

It's all server side so once the servers close, the Scrap Crews will go offline and the relevant challenges will become uncompletable :(. A friend of mind did some tests and without a connection to the Mad Max servers, the whole Scrap Crew system shuts down and ceases to work.

• Like 1

I've just finish act two and while I'm making good progress, I don't know if  I got all 4 scrap crew. Thou I must say the game is really glitchy than anticipated. Frame rate drop, enemy cars disappear and sand storm don't appear when they should. At this point I wouldn't be surprise if the trophy glitched on me.

Edited by Pershing24

Fellas, 

I have a weird situation... I hop in Settings > Legen and check out carefully the titles and desriptions on absolutely all challenges. Thers is ''A Penny Saved - Earn 500 scrap from Scrap Crews'' (which I already completed), but there is NO/ NOTHING /NIENTE /ZERO/ NADA  so called ''Dividend - Earn 2000 scrap from Scrap Crews'' in the whole list. No line, no description, just absolutely nothing...

What am I missing? ?

58 minutes ago, Vynzen said:

Fellas, 

I have a weird situation... I hop in Settings > Legen and check out carefully the titles and desriptions on absolutely all challenges. Thers is ''A Penny Saved - Earn 500 scrap from Scrap Crews'' (which I already completed), but there is NO/ NOTHING /NIENTE /ZERO/ NADA  so called ''Dividend - Earn 2000 scrap from Scrap Crews'' in the whole list. No line, no description, just absolutely nothing...

What am I missing? 1f913.png

The Dividend challenge apparently.

Are you sure you checked all challenges? It should be in the wasteland category. You might have just missed it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RedHotChiliFan1 said:

Pls tell not now that the Bigmouth challenge is missable?

I've got 11/12 

And there's no last one on her territory.

I've read it becomes missable, if the danger level gets to low. I'm on 3 right now. But I as well found someone writing it came at the end of all encounters. 

Nothing is missable in this game but several challenges become massively more annoying/difficult to get during the post-story portion.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RedHotChiliFan1 said:

I've got 11/12 

I've read it becomes missable, if the danger level gets to low. I'm on 3 right now. But I as well found someone writing it came at the end of all encounters. 

As @HuntingFever said, nothing is missable. For the challenge you're talking about, there're a lot more encounters and they keep on spawning even when you complete the challenge.

• Like 1

I've got 11/12 

@RedHotChiliFan1 this happened to me, I was 11/12 with whole story and wasteland missions done, no pink eye encounter would show up. After doing a race the map updated somehow and showed the last one I was missing.

Edited by Aodir

3 hours ago, RedHotChiliFan1 said:

I've got 11/12 

Don't worry there are several more encounters than the ones you need for challenges. After I earned "Up to the Task" encounters were still spawning.