Online Shut Down 10/31/2020

DEI2EK

12 minutes ago, Lynch25203012 said:

Just want to check something if anyone can clarify. It's only the 500/2000 scrap challenges that will be affected won't it? Just done undertow but I assume the more camps you liberate the quicker you obtain till the daily limit is reached? So if I had 1 camp pumping out 50 scrap per hour for example 2 camps may give me 100 scrap. Or is my way of thinking way of base? 

You are right, only these two challenges are affected. There are no other online-related trophies. So after you have those two you can relax and finish the game whenever ?

However you might be on to something with the time to collect the 2.000 scrap. Probably you don't need to wait a full 24 hours to login again but only the time the scavenger team needs to get to reach the cap of 200. Which will be faster the more teams you have. So maybe the time to reach the 2.000 scrap can be shortend significantly by this. I need to test and will get back when I know more.

2 hours ago, Lynch25203012 said:

Just want to check something if anyone can clarify. It's only the 500/2000 scrap challenges that will be affected won't it? Just done undertow but I assume the more camps you liberate the quicker you obtain till the daily limit is reached? So if I had 1 camp pumping out 50 scrap per hour for example 2 camps may give me 100 scrap. Or is my way of thinking way of base? 

Camps taken that give you scrap has nothing to do with the challenge, the challenge only has to do with the scrap crew projects you build in strongholds

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mizimmer said:

You are right, only these two challenges are affected. There are no other online-related trophies. So after you have those two you can relax and finish the game whenever 1f605.png

However you might be on to something with the time to collect the 2.000 scrap. Probably you don't need to wait a full 24 hours to login again but only the time the scavenger team needs to get to reach the cap of 200. Which will be faster the more teams you have. So maybe the time to reach the 2.000 scrap can be shortend significantly by this. I need to test and will get back when I know more.

Just for reference, i shut down my game for about an hour and when i turned it back on i had 18 scrap, this is with only one stronghold having a scrap crew

10 hours ago, breakXedge said:

I've just started the game. I'd say a couple hours to get to Jeet's (you need to follow the storyline until you go to explore the Jaws) and collecting all 4 pieces to build the Scrap Team or whatever is called in english. Then it'l give you like 50-60 scrap per hour offline, more or less. 

If you progress on the story you can build more Scrap Teams, speeding up the process.

What you can do is checking always that your stats tab matchs the challenge tab. Check the video on the first page. Then, when you're done with this challenge, just make an usb backup or cloud backup just in case.

I'd say you should worry only if you die upon completing a scavenge zone, but better check everytime.

I played the game for like 20 minutes & already encountered a bug. When having to put the extra fuel can in the back of the magnum opus, Chumbucket's fatass takes up the entire back of the vehicle, making it so you can't place the gas can in the car. If I backed up from the car he'd move to the side but would go back to taking up the entire thing whenever I got close. I overcame it by quickly running to the car & placing the gas can before he finished his moving animation but I'm taking this encounter as a bad omen & not even going to bother going for the game. Plus the controls are awkward & down right terrible (:l2: to jump, :r2: to run, can't move while aiming, default aiming is :circle: but can be changed to :r1: & that's the only control you can change). I can tell just from the first 20 minutes I will absolutely despise ever second of going for the plat so I'm not even going to bother. Thank god I got it for free & didn't buy it at least.

7 hours ago, mizimmer said:

Okay so I decided to go for this as well and just started a new game. It took me only 2 1/2 hours to get to the required point in the game to set up everything for those 2 online challenges. Basically you need to finish the prologue (Act 1), get to the fortress of Jeet and then collect 4 scrap parts to set up the scavenger team. From here on its only about waiting and checking the game once per day. However absolutely make sure you always save the game once you have received the daily scrap!!! Otherwise you will loose the progress of the day as the timer is reset as soon as you go online. This is something that you have to avoid at all cost because there is not much time left until the servers shut down!  Not sure if there is a daily cap of the amount of scrap you receive on a daily basis so this might take up until a week or even longer.

So my daily routine will look like this:

1. Open the game and check the daily batch of scrap from the scavenger team
  2. Save the game
  3. Turn off the game completely and wait for another 24 hours (Just putting it to rest mode is not enough!)
  4. Repeat until the challenges "A Penny Saved" and "Dividend" are completed and make a backup of the save on my USB to be save of any upcoming glitch/bug in the future

Honestly this must be one of the most stupid challenges/trophies I've ever seen in a game: A challenge which requires you not to play the game. Who thought this was a good idea? 1f602.png

You got zombie LeChuck as your avatar from an old computer game (Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge), yet you don't have it on your trophy list? Doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway, I basically did what you described, made a manual save every time you get your daily scrap. I have no idea how the game calculates it because it varied every single time I went back on and played Mad Max.

The entire challenges trophy is stupid. You can put in 50 hours, do everything and still have a few challenges glitch out on you. So it was a stupid idea to begin with.

16 hours ago, jonesey46 said:

Your profile is quite impressive. I suggest you go back and knock the trophy out before the servers go down. I know it's only one trophy and one game but it'd be a shame having a non-100% game on your profile that could have been avoided.

I probably will as much as I don’t want to, I enjoyed the game but not enough for 2 playthroughs. So I’ll do it but I won’t be happy about it! ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

You got zombie LeChuck as your avatar from an old computer game (Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge), yet you don't have it on your trophy list? Doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway, I basically did what you described, made a manual save every time you get your daily scrap. I have no idea how the game calculates it because it varied every single time I went back on and played Mad Max.

The entire challenges trophy is stupid. You can put in 50 hours, do everything and still have a few challenges glitch out on you. So it was a stupid idea to begin with.

How do you manually save? By selecting an autosave slot and choosing "overwrite"?

1 minute ago, RNumbers said:

How do you manually save? By selecting an autosave slot and choosing "overwrite"?

You should be able to go to the menu with the start button and there should be an option to make a save. There are slots in which you can save, but once you save in that specific slot then the game will autosave there as you progress through the game.

lol so you could´ve put up a crew right on jeet stronghold? damn haha

i just got to gutgash´s and got the parts for that stronhold (only 3 parts needed)

tomorrow i´ll get the parts for jeet and hope to get more scrap that way

ill plat this crap, my heart is still broken for marverl heroes omega haha

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mizimmer said:

You are right, only these two challenges are affected. There are no other online-related trophies. So after you have those two you can relax and finish the game whenever ?

Just FYI, the cap is 500 and it fills up roughly in 50 hours. I already posted this in this thread on page 2.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lynch25203012 said:

Correct, it's just those 2 challenges that require a connection to the Scrap servers. The more camps and crews you have, the faster you'll get the challenges done.

8 minutes ago, kilodawe said:

saving manually doesn´t work for me. i´ve got reseted everytime I logged in. So I´ll need to play to the next autosave, I guess.

OMG really??? Thanks for the update! This is now getting beyond ridiculous.

I will updated my roadmap with this Information accordingly so others don't have to encounter this frustration when manually saving.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ObsiEez said:

snip

You can easily change the button assignments directly through the PS4 accessibility settings, probably won't help with the issues you have with the game, but just in case you weren't aware I thought I'd mention it.

Only "issue" doing it that way is that it will obviously apply this to all the games and while navigating the PS4 menus, but your settings are saved, so once you've made it it's just a matter of ticking/unticking the setting when you wanna play/are done playing.

PS4 Accessibility settings

• Like 1

Just wanted to give an update for potential new players:

- Took me a bit over three hours of gameplay to assemble Jeet’s Scrap Crew.

- I shut down the PS4 completely last night after making a save file.

- 10 hours later when I fired up the game today, that scrap crew ahas accrued 68 scrap toward the “A Penny Saved” challenge.

I will keep updating my progress and keep track of hours it takes to complete these two challenges. But so far, I’m having a lot of fun with the game! 

1 hour ago, PerryToxteth said:

10 hours later when I fired up the game today, that scrap crew has accrued 68 scrap toward the “A Penny Saved” challenge.

That's odd; I received 72 scrap in only 5 hours yesterday, with a single scrap crew built. I wonder why this is so inconsistent.

2 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Just wanted to give an update for potential new players:

- Took me a bit over three hours of gameplay to assemble Jeet’s Scrap Crew.

- I shut down the PS4 completely last night after making a save file.

- 10 hours later when I fired up the game today, that scrap crew ahas accrued 68 scrap toward the “A Penny Saved” challenge.

I will keep updating my progress and keep track of hours it takes to complete these two challenges. But so far, I’m having a lot of fun with the game! 

1 hour ago, ScarecrowsFate said:

That's odd; I received 72 scrap in only 5 hours yesterday, with a single scrap crew built. I wonder why this is so inconsistent.

10 Hours for me gave me 89 Scrap.

On 16/09/2020 at 7:59 PM, mizimmer said:

Okay so I decided to go for this as well and just started a new game. It took me only 2 1/2 hours to get to the required point in the game to set up everything for those 2 online challenges. Basically you need to finish the prologue (Act 1), get to the fortress of Jeet and then collect 4 scrap parts to set up the scavenger team. From here on its only about waiting and checking the game once per day. However absolutely make sure you always save the game once you have received the daily scrap!!! Otherwise you will loose the progress of the day as the timer is reset as soon as you go online. This is something that you have to avoid at all cost because there is not much time left until the servers shut down!  Not sure if there is a daily cap of the amount of scrap you receive on a daily basis so this might take up until a week or even longer.

So my daily routine will look like this:

1. Open the game and check the daily batch of scrap from the scavenger team
  2. Wait/Play until the next autosave occurs (Manually saving does not work and resets the daily amount of the scrap crew!) - thx @kilodawe
  3. Turn off the game completely and wait for another 24 hours (Just putting it to rest mode is not enough!)
  4. Repeat until the challenges "A Penny Saved" and "Dividend" are completed and make a backup of the save on my USB to be save of any upcoming glitch/bug in the future

Honestly this must be one of the most stupid challenges/trophies I've ever seen in a game: A challenge which requires you not to play the game. Who thought this was a good idea? ?

I haven't played this game but I'm up for trying for this trophy. So is your plan you get the requirements for the online trophy before you go out and explore the rest of the game? Loading the game, getting the scrap, repeat until you get 2000? 

2 minutes ago, Darkwaxer said:

I haven't played this game but I'm up for trying for this trophy. So is your plan you get the requirements for the online trophy before you go out and explore the rest of the game? Loading the game, getting the scrap, repeat until you get 2000? 

Exactly! With this approach I want to make sure that I have a "clean" save file with the online challenges that I can always go back to if the game glitches out on me on any other trophy or challenge after the servers have been shut down. 

The only additional thing I did was to set up a second scrap crew to increase the daily delivery and get the challenge faster. If you decide to start the game this will be the first main mission after the prologue.

8 minutes ago, Darkwaxer said:

I just started as well and already have two Scrap Crews (At Jeet and Gutgash strongholds) working towards the online requirements. I’ll keep track of how many non-playing hours it takes to acquire the requirements for these two challenges.

If you start, my advice is to play through the story (green indicators) and set up your Scrap Crews ASAP. If you focus strictly on that, you should have both up and running within 4-5 hours of starting the game. I kept getting distracted with other things so took me closer to six. Also, each Scrap Crew will require specific parts (4 for Jeet, 3 for Gutgash). To get to those parts, steal a Scrotus car as early as you can, and you can then travel to those locations without interference. To acquire a car, you can harpoon the driver out of the vehicle.  If you do this, it will save you lots of time bc as you drive around in your regular car, you will be easily spotted and they the Scrotus goons will F with you. By grabbing their car, you remain undetected.  

My plan is to keep playing and save often. Once I acquire the Scrap Crew requirements, I’m going to save that file on my PS+ file so it is safe. If a glitch arises, I will always have that save to use, even after the servers go offline.

Good luck!

• Like 1