Online Shut Down 10/31/2020

DEI2EK

42 minutes ago, happyman778 said:

I've just started playing it again, and I am surprised by how fun it is. I knew I liked it at the time, but now it seems so much better. The perfect game for my current situation I think.

I'm surprised too, this game was in my Library for years. I'll see if the fun lasts to the end.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, a3069namebke said:

Just to confirm, do I need to build 5 scrap crews in order to complete the challenges? I can't just build one and get 2500 scrap from there? 

Edit: I'm asking this because I read somewhere that scrap crews cap at 500 scrap. 

The more crews you have and the more upgrades you give them, the more scrap you will earn per-day. I don't know exactly what the daily limit is but I read somewhere it was 200 scrap per-day ?.

18 minutes ago, a3069namebke said:

Just to confirm, do I need to build 5 scrap crews in order to complete the challenges? I can't just build one and get 2500 scrap from there? 

Edit: I'm asking this because I read somewhere that scrap crews cap at 500 scrap. 

It's 500, then you have to "withdraw" your scrap and then you can go offline again.

• Like 1

Here’s my Sat. 9/19 update:

0 hour - Built Jeet Scrap Craw

+10 hours - earned 68 scrap

+ 18 hours - earned 144 scrap with Gutgash Scrap Crew in mix. Cumulative = 212

+ 30 hours - earned 164 (2 crews). Cumulative = 376

+ 46 hours earned 158 (3 crews). Cumulative = 500 A Penny Saved earned!

- So FYI for future players. If you played the main missions quick, you could get 3 Scrap Crews up and running in about 8-9 hours of gameplay. It will take close to two days of offline time to accumulate the 500 for A Penny Saved.

The scrap won’t carry over to Dividend challenge so I’ll start a new running tally of offline time for that. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Varhur said:

Might be a question that has been already answered somewhere, but can you change clock time to finish scrap challenge faster?

Nope, because the timer is tied to the server's clock - not the one on your PS4 so changing your system clock will do absolutely nothing.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Sunday 9/20 update:

I have 3 Scrap Crews up and running.

After 15 hours of offline time, they accumulated 267 scrap.

so for Dividend, my stats read 267/2000.

Good progress. I don't want much progress in the story yet until i got both online challenges done to make a HARD back up save. Just did a bunch of scrap locations while it's matching my stats. But how do you get to the Pink Stronghold location quikly?

Only got 2 Scrap Crew running, for 5 hours AFK i got 110 done. So i am at 110/2000.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

hi, if someone could help me out.  I decided to jump back in as i had kinda planned to plat it sometime.  I m in Jeets stronghold, i have all 4 scrapcrew parts, and there is no ghostly hand trolly to interact with.  The maps sayes 4/4 scrapcrew parts collected, and return to stronghold.  Any ideas?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maisie666 said:

hi, if someone could help me out.  I decided to jump back in as i had kinda planned to plat it sometime.  I m in Jeets stronghold, i have all 4 scrapcrew parts, and there is no ghostly hand trolly to interact with.  The maps sayes 4/4 scrapcrew parts collected, and return to stronghold.  Any ideas?

Continue the story. You have to get to a point where Jeet will ask you to help around the camp and the stronghold upgrade will get introduced.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, maisie666 said:

The Scrapcrew Parts are always 3/3 or 1/1, not 4.

5 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Good progress. I don't want much progress in the story yet until i got both online challenges done to make a HARD back up save. Just did a bunch of scrap locations while it's matching my stats. But how do you get to the Pink Stronghold location quikly?

Only got 2 Scrap Crew running, for 5 hours AFK i got 110 done. So i am at 110/2000.

Keep doing the main story and it will send you to Pink Eye’s territory. It’s the last mission of Act II. You will need to grab three parts to activate her Scrap Crew. None are terribly hard to get, though it can be a chore to get to them. I used a fast Scrotus car and outran all the goons. 

2 hours ago, Sikutai said:

The Scrapcrew Parts are always 3/3 or 1/1, not 4.

Jeet requires four for his Scrap Crew. 

• Like 1

So i need someone to confirm something for me please. 

If i start the game, get to the part were i can create scrap crew(s) and get the 2 challenges done, as long as i DON'T do any of the other challenges that can glitch, i can put that save on a USB and have that as a fall back if they do glitch? Or do you need to do some of the glitchy challenges before you can do the scrap crew challenges?

Either going to play this or TLOU 2, but if i can do the scrap crew challenges without doing other challenges, i'll start Mad Max first.

19 minutes ago, StarMadeKnight said:

So i need someone to confirm something for me please. 

If i start the game, get to the part were i can create scrap crew(s) and get the 2 challenges done, as long as i DON'T do any of the other challenges that can glitch, i can put that save on a USB and have that as a fall back if they do glitch? Or do you need to do some of the glitchy challenges before you can do the scrap crew challenges?

Either going to play this or TLOU 2, but if i can do the scrap crew challenges without doing other challenges, i'll start Mad Max first.

Believe so, that's what everyone else seems to be doing. Though i would be prepare to play through the game after the scrap challenges are done just to make sure you can get the plat before the shutdown occurs.

9 hours ago, ahmwe said:

Guys! I I collected 10 history relics & my statistics shows 10 but under legend section shows only 7 is it a glitch? 

No. There's two challenges for History Relics and a separate trophy for collecting them all.

The first challenge requires you to collect 3 relics and the second one requires another 15 (so 18 total). If your challenge says 7/15, but your statistics say 10 then that's normal because 3 for the first challenge + 7 for the second challenge equals 10. Successive challenges don't include stuff that counted toward the previous challenge.

Edited by CrestfallenAU
  • Like 1

This platinum seems to be going swimmingly thus far: I've got about 900/2000 of the Dividend challenge done (3 scrap crews built), the notorious glitched container opened normally, my scavenging locations seem to be correct (currently at 79/191 on Reaper of the Harvest), and I've already completed some of the more difficult challenges, such as Rattling Your Dags.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Keep doing the main story and it will send you to Pink Eye’s territory. It’s the last mission of Act II. You will need to grab three parts to activate her Scrap Crew. None are terribly hard to get, though it can be a chore to get to them. I used a fast Scrotus car and outran all the goons. 

Jeet requires four for his Scrap Crew. 

Thanks! I will continue the story a bit until I get the 3rd Stronghold so the scraps goes a bit quicker. 

Also a friend told me that everyone should do “Stick it to ya” challenge.

You have to get spikes on the side of your car. When you see a truck with guys loaded in, drive side by side, so they jump on your car and they should die from it.

It’s a pain to do that challenge later after you beat the game. So do it early as possible.

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info. Played it a long time ago. Planned to make this in the next months.. Now i need to come into it again. Question is i only have a challenges for parts from destroying cars and the one where i need 2k. Will the car one still be possible? Or is this the other scrap part challenge that will be gone? Need to get an overview of all the things again^^