Online Shut Down 10/31/2020

DEI2EK

2 hours ago, jlsmith316 said:

@DEI2EK no it not considerably enough notice I believe that they should at least give heads up like from 6 to 12 months to give lot of gamers actually work on the the trophies and get them done instead of making them rush the game just so they can make a game unobtainable to get the platinum and I only found out about it on a platinum group on Facebook if wasn't for some random guy posting about it I wouldn't even know and now here I am rushing my ass off trying to get done and that one of the most things I hate doing on games is rushing it sorry but it so stupid to give so little poor notice

6 weeks is more than enough notice to do the small amount affected by the server going down, and honestly, it's nobody's fault but your own that now you "have to rush your ass off". 

This game is 5 years old, dont blame the devs

Marvel Heroes Omega and Gwent are 2 cases where people got screwed over, not this one.

• Like 4

Not my fault at all doesn't matter how long game been out for and for whatever reason why haven't played it from then till now shouldn't even be factor cause there could be so many reasons why I haven't played it there been over thousands of games came out between then and now and should NEVER be the players fault and I don't care wether you think 6 weeks is enough time that might work for YOU cause everyone has different playstyle than to your own and there other factors that comes into play like the FACT that NEED to be connected to the internet you just assume that everyone litterly gonna have access to the net constantly within now and next 6 weeks and then there is people who are unable to play 24/7 there are some people who does have a actual life with jobs so yeah I do believe that they were in wrong and should of given us more notice like 6 to 12 months notice, also TLOU 1 for ps3 had like fair amount of notice (can't remember could be about yr notice or close to it) AND I still didn't able to get it why? Cause no internet access and cause I do actually have got a life beyond games, so many reasons and factor in why 6 weeks is lacking in notice

Edited by jlsmith316

I want to get back to back to the before the servers shut down and I notice that I have a save file dating back in April 2018

Since I'm worried that some trophies may have been glitched, I want to ask, should I start a whole new save or am I good on my old save file?

Also, any suggestions for a decent trophy guide? I've heard that the one here is little outdated. 

6 hours ago, jlsmith316 said:

Not my fault at all doesn't matter how long game been out for and for whatever reason why haven't played it from then till now shouldn't even be factor cause there could be so many reasons why I haven't played it there been over thousands of games came out between then and now and should NEVER be the players fault and I don't care wether you think 6 weeks is enough time that might work for YOU cause everyone has different playstyle than to your own and there other factors that comes into play like the FACT that NEED to be connected to the internet you just assume that everyone litterly gonna have access to the net constantly within now and next 6 weeks and then there is people who are unable to play 24/7 there are some people who does have a actual life with jobs so yeah I do believe that they were in wrong and should of given us more notice like 6 to 12 months notice, also TLOU 1 for ps3 had like fair amount of notice (can't remember could be about yr notice or close to it) AND I still didn't able to get it why? Cause no internet access and cause I do actually have got a life beyond games, so many reasons and factor in why 6 weeks is lacking in notice

You had 5 years to do it if you cared that much about it.  Stop acting like a spoiled brat and take responsibility for your (in)action. You were NEVER guaranteed any server down notice in the first place.  Dont compare it to another company because it's irrelevant.  Every other excuse you made is a cheap copout.

It takes 2-4 hours of story gameplay to get to the point where you can make the scrap crews. After that, it accumulates while you're offline. All you have to do is log in every other day to collect it. If you cant or wont do that, then you dont get the trophy.

2 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

I want to get back to back to the before the servers shut down and I notice that I have a save file dating back in April 2018

Since I'm worried that some trophies may have been glitched, I want to ask, should I start a whole new save or am I good on my old save file?

Also, any suggestions for a decent trophy guide? I've heard that the one here is little outdated. 

You can check by comparing your locations and scrap completions.  If they match up, you're good. If they're off, you're glitched.  Glitch happens if you die before autosaving after completing an area

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

You had 5 years to do it if you cared that much about it.  Stop acting like a spoiled brat and take responsibility for your (in)action. You were NEVER guaranteed any server down notice in the first place.  Dont compare it to another company because it's irrelevant.  Every other excuse you made is a cheap copout.

It takes 2-4 hours of story gameplay to get to the point where you can make the scrap crews. After that, it accumulates while you're offline. All you have to do is log in every other day to collect it. If you cant or wont do that, then you dont get the trophy.

You can check by comparing your locations and scrap completions.  If they match up, you're good. If they're off, you're glitched.  Glitch happens if you die before autosaving after completing an area

Ok, so basically the number of locations should equal the amount of scrap completions if I understand that correctly? 

1 hour ago, MarcusPunisher said:

Ok, so basically the number of locations should equal the amount of scrap completions if I understand that correctly? 

The locations wont equal straight up because the challenges are tiered.  

Try reading this and see if it makes sense to you 

41 minutes ago, hyperboy519 said:

Is this obtainable if I were to start today, how long would it take to get the necessary amount needed to make sure this trophy would pop, before it goes offline. Or do I need the trophy before the servers go off? 

Yes

Couple hours gametime to advance to the point where you can get your first crew going.  They accumulate at a varying rate while you're offline, but generally 10ish an hour with a single crew.

You can advance the story further to get more crews to get a faster scrap rate

Edited by AJ_-_808
  • Like 1

My scavenging challenges : 

5+13+18=36 / 36+55 = 91 

My reaper of the harvest : 55 

My scavenging location statistics is 91 

Am I good in here for the scavenging challenges? Does it match correctly? 

Sorry for the stupid question ??‍♂️ but don't wanna to be glitched after all sweat ?

• Like 1

I logged off and then logged in a day later after getting the cleanup crew and I logged back in and nothing changed. Did i screw up by not closing the game fully. I may have put the game into rest mode mid exit to the main menu because of this game ridiculous load screens.

How long does it normally take to get scrap when the game is closed so I can run a test? 

Okay so I wanna go for the Platinum for this, I'm currently playing through the game for the first time. Started a few days ago. I have 4 questions and hoping anyone can answer them.

Question 1: I was playing the game and was being careful and I got to one of the scrap crews up and running from the first stronghold. However I figured I'd start a new game/autosave and get the scrap crew from the first stronghold up and running and only check in to get the scrap from the servers till I get the required scrap I need from the servers. That way I can back this save/autosave up as a countermeasure/back up should my regular sae glitch up on me and I can just reload this one again. However, should I just have that 1 crew up? I know I won't get much scrap in return, but I also don't want to potentially bug something by proceeding the game to get the other crews up that could lock me out of the platinum before the servers go down. Also should I just keep continuing in my first file and proceed, being careful that it won't glitch, or should I just focus on getting the scrap from servers that I need in my new back up save/autosave, and only logging in to collect it and once I have it, proceed with my old or new file? ,

Question 2: I don't think I've seen this anywhere so I figured I'd ask this. Let's say I don't collect nothing, scavenging locations, anything, only get the scrap crews up and running. Would this be a good idea to ignore all the collectibles and side stuff and only focus on just the story till I set up all the scrap crews so the scrap collecting can go by faster? As in there's no chance it could glitch up not just by doing that stuff later, but also proceeding the story till I set the crews up? I suppose this could also refer to the first question.

Question 3: I've seen that you have to let the game autosave whenever you log in to collect the server scrap or it doesn't count or something. I know there is a limit on how much you can collect every time you log back in. Should I quick travel to a stronghold and enter a vehicle so it could autosave again just in case?

Question 4: This one is just a variation of question 3. I have seen that the scavenging locations glitch if you die when or before the autosave kicks in thus messing with the stats and getting the infamous glitch of this game. Based on everything I've read here so far. Should I clear those areas first then get all the collectibles in those areas? Or would that glitch it too? And, should I quick travel to a stronghold and enter a vehicle so it can autosave as an extra safety precaution?

I know this was such a huge wall of text and ended up being more than those 4 questions, sorry about that. But I just wanted to be sure or reassured about what I'm doing and wanted to get more info before doing something that might cause a glitch and don't want to potentially be locked out of the platinum. Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, ngamer-90 said:

Okay so I wanna go for the Platinum for this, I'm currently playing through the game for the first time. Started a few days ago. I have 4 questions and hoping anyone can answer them.

Question 1: I was playing the game and was being careful and I got to one of the scrap crews up and running from the first stronghold. However I figured I'd start a new game/autosave and get the scrap crew from the first stronghold up and running and only check in to get the scrap from the servers till I get the required scrap I need from the servers. That way I can back this save/autosave up as a countermeasure/back up should my regular sae glitch up on me and I can just reload this one again. However, should I just have that 1 crew up? I know I won't get much scrap in return, but I also don't want to potentially bug something by proceeding the game to get the other crews up that could lock me out of the platinum before the servers go down. Also should I just keep continuing in my first file and proceed, being careful that it won't glitch, or should I just focus on getting the scrap from servers that I need in my new back up save/autosave, and only logging in to collect it and once I have it, proceed with my old or new file? ,

Question 2: I don't think I've seen this anywhere so I figured I'd ask this. Let's say I don't collect nothing, scavenging locations, anything, only get the scrap crews up and running. Would this be a good idea to ignore all the collectibles and side stuff and only focus on just the story till I set up all the scrap crews so the scrap collecting can go by faster? As in there's no chance it could glitch up not just by doing that stuff later, but also proceeding the story till I set the crews up? I suppose this could also refer to the first question.

Question 3: I've seen that you have to let the game autosave whenever you log in to collect the server scrap or it doesn't count or something. I know there is a limit on how much you can collect every time you log back in. Should I quick travel to a stronghold and enter a vehicle so it could autosave again just in case?

Question 4: This one is just a variation of question 3. I have seen that the scavenging locations glitch if you die when or before the autosave kicks in thus messing with the stats and getting the infamous glitch of this game. Based on everything I've read here so far. Should I clear those areas first then get all the collectibles in those areas? Or would that glitch it too? And, should I quick travel to a stronghold and enter a vehicle so it can autosave as an extra safety precaution?

I know this was such a huge wall of text and ended up being more than those 4 questions, sorry about that. But I just wanted to be sure or reassured about what I'm doing and wanted to get more info before doing something that might cause a glitch and don't want to potentially be locked out of the platinum. Thanks in advance.

Sorry for spamming this again but quoting this since I need some info on this.

48 minutes ago, ngamer-90 said:

Sorry for spamming this again but quoting this since I need some info on this.

The below is how you can check if you're affected.  1 main save and 1 backup should be more than enough.

Question 2 - ignoring the collectables wont really help.  Just have a backup save with both, the 500 and the 2000 challenges done, and play the game like normal.  Every so often, verify that your stats match up, and update your backup save.

Question 3 - just leave and re-enter the stronghold

Question 4 - clearing an area helps, but you can still get killed by a patrol coming by or fall damage.

On 22/09/2020 at 7:18 AM, TazDevilz1986 said:

234kxk26h.jpg

These are the only ones that will count for the scavenging locations (the 190/191 glitch). Just pay attention to these ones and you should be fine.

I now have the Plat, I will share my experience coming to the end of the game. So I was always checking the challenge to the stats for scavenging locations completed, and it always matched up.

When I got the last few locations left on my map, I looked at the challenge to how many icons I had left. My heart sank as I had 1 location missing from the map and I was at 190/191, I also had 2 historic relics missing. I was about to start hitting my head against the wall. So I thought I'd look up a guide that just shows historic relics. Turns out I had missed one in Deep Friar. 

But here is the kicker, the last one was in the starting area where you first meet Chumbucket. Turns out that getting the survey project in Jeet's territory does not make it appear. So I fast traveled down and when I got near the left side of the map the last scavenging location showed up on m map!

Also I had heard of people not being able to get to a scavenging location at the watcher, were people trying to get to that location as normal, or did they know they had to go through the Top Dog camp?

EDIT: Remember guys, there is the Clean Up Crew (cleans up cars you wreck) and the Scavenging Crew (The online one)

Edited by TheBritishBaron
fixing typos
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, hyperboy519 said:

I logged off and then logged in a day later after getting the cleanup crew and I logged back in and nothing changed. Did i screw up by not closing the game fully. I may have put the game into rest mode mid exit to the main menu because of this game ridiculous load screens.

How long does it normally take to get scrap when the game is closed so I can run a test? 

You have to close the App / Game. And you need the Scrap Crew, not the Clean Up Crew.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 1