Online Shut Down 10/31/2020

DEI2EK

44 minutes ago, ScintillaWolf said:

I mentioned this in another topic, but maybe it'll get more attention here.

A Penny Saved challenge completed no issue, but despite logging back on and being awarded a further 300 or so scrap, Dividend still reads at 0/2000?

Are you 100% positive you triggered an autosave after collecting the 300?

Also, was the 500 challenge saved already? If your missing 300 was spillover, it wont count (ie you had 480/500 and collected 400 in one shot, you still start the 2000 challenge as 0/2000, not 380/2000)

5 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Are you 100% positive you triggered an autosave after collecting the 300?

Also, was the 500 challenge saved already? If your missing 300 was spillover, it wont count (ie you had 480/500 and collected 400 in one shot, you still start the 2000 challenge as 0/2000, not 380/2000)

No I had collected something like 509 scrap when that challenge was chalked off, so the latest amount should have been good to go.

The only possible doubt in my mind is whether it saved and I died. Honestly can't remember. I know my PS4 was definitely turned off though.

16 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

The below is how you can check if you're affected.  1 main save and 1 backup should be more than enough.

Question 2 - ignoring the collectables wont really help.  Just have a backup save with both, the 500 and the 2000 challenges done, and play the game like normal.  Every so often, verify that your stats match up, and update your backup save.

Question 3 - just leave and re-enter the stronghold

Question 4 - clearing an area helps, but you can still get killed by a patrol coming by or fall damage.

Thank you very much for answering my questions, I really appreciate it. Okay so yeah just gonna collect the server scrap as a priority first, back that save once I'm done and just play the game normally while checking my stats often. Thanks again.

On another note, I figured I would share this for anyone who is interested.

If you have a regular autosave file and another autosave file for trying to just get the scrap from the servers, you can only collect the online scrap in one file and can't in the other in the same day when you log back in. Idk if that's a glitch or if it's intentional to prevent cheating but figured I would share this in case you are trying to have a backup save like what I'm doing.

I logged in to my regular file and collected the daily server scrap and then tried logging in to my backup and I didn't get anything. Will have to check my backup today to see if it's the same thing for my regular playthrough file. But I think it's safe to assume the same thing will happen.

Edited by ngamer-90
needed to edit
  • Like 1

A five years ago, I remember they announced about this game & I was excited about it; however, I wasn’t able to play it. I was busy with my college life for years & wasn’t home nearly all the time. Then, just a few weeks ago, I happened to see this thread & completely did not know that there’s an online connection required to get Scrap for Up to the Task trophy. I also have a long list of these games I want to purchase & also have a big backlog I haven’t played yet. I never see that as a bad decision, just more of happy to own a game I know I’ll really enjoy & hobby as well. 

• Like 3

I'm adding what I've done, simply because different wording sometimes helps people understand things easier.

Create a designated save for scrap crew 1.

Create a designated save for scrap crew 2.

If you decide to proceed before getting all your scrap for the challenge, continue playing in a new save.

Create a designated save when you have achieved both challenges.

If you only want to run 1 crew, then ignore the part for 2.

Hope this helps you manage your saves. Good luck everyone!

• Like 2

So I am gonna go for the Plat just wanna make some things clear, to avoid the 190/191 glitch I should avoid dying after I have completed a location, save often and with different save slots yes? The online challenge won't be a real problem it's just the glitch that's making me a little worried. 

Edited by Cal
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Cal said:

So I am gonna go for the Plat just wanna make some things clear, to avoid the 190/191 glitch I should avoid dying after I have completed a location, save often and with different save slots yes? The two online trophies won't be a real problem it's just the glitch that's making me a little worried. 

When you looted a location to 100%, the autosave will appear, when you die during that point it will/can glitch for the 190/191 bug. If you just die a few minutes after it won't. Just check your stats with your challenge every time if they match up together. And do also make extra save slots/backups as well.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

1 minute ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

When you looted a location to 100%, the autosave will appear, when you die during that point it will/can glitch for the 190/191 bug. If you just die a few minutes after it won't. Just check your stats with your challenge every time if they match up together.

Awesome thank you! 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 6:58 PM, ahmwe said:

I had bought gut shot skill for suckerpunched challenge but I tried so many times to pull it out but didn't trigger at all what's the problem ?

Gutshot is melee finishing move skill. You don't run up to them and press :circle: as your opening attack, first you get punched or you throw a punch to get into the melee stance. Once in melee stance, get in close, throw a light punch (so they don't get pushed back too far) to begin a combo, and then press :circle: to trigger the gutshot finisher.

8 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

When you looted a location to 100%, the autosave will appear, when you die during that point it will/can glitch for the 190/191 bug. If you just die a few minutes after it won't. Just check your stats with your challenge every time if they match up together. And do also make extra save slots/backups as well.

Even if you want, how are you supposed to die during the autosave? Most of the times, all enemies in the are are already dead lol.

8 hours ago, ScarecrowsFate said:

I think the real problem is that unnecessary online features are forced into single-player games to begin with. If I had to guess, you can probably blame the publisher for pressuring them to do it.

Anyway, I finished Scrap Collection Simulator 2015 yesterday:

6c285c90-0109-11eb-9fcb-0676b3257eda.jpg

Hooray. I followed the True Achievements walkthrough for about 2/3 of it, then went off on my own. After each scavenging location, I checked both my stats and challenge progress, to make sure they updated properly, then made a manual save in a new slot. I was also careful not to die while the "saving..." message was flashing in the upper-right corner (there are only a few locations where that's really possible anyhow). Left my full thoughts on the game here.

I didn't encounter any game-breaking glitches, but TONS of small ones, such as Max or the car getting permanently stuck in the geometry, forcing me to fast travel away. Happy to answer any questions about the platinum for those still going for it.

Congratulations ✊?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Even if you want, how are you supposed to die during the autosave? Most of the times, all enemies in the are are already dead lol.

Some of the items are in high spot, you could accidentally fall during auto save. I normally stand still for few seconds to wait the auto save completed.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GTA_Darren said:

Some of the items are in high spot, you could accidentally fall during auto save. I normally stand still for few seconds to wait the auto save completed.

For example, there is a historical relic that I found in Dry Guste last night that is on top of the end of a VERY long, narrow pipe that ends several stories in the air. If you didn't know it was very important not to fall right after grabbing it, you could easily slip when you turn around to go back down and die before the auto-save finishes.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Guardian_owl said:

For example, there is a historical relic that I found in Dry Guste last night that is on top of the end of a VERY long, narrow pipe that ends several stories in the air. If you didn't know it was very important not to fall right after grabbing it, you could easily slip when you turn around to go back down and die before the auto-save finishes.

Lmao can you believe me if i tell you that i cleared that scavenging location just a couple of hours after my post? I've done so many things and i'm still in Jeet's territories. There were two connected locations at the top of a mountain, too. xD

Edited by Lance_87

On 28/09/2020 at 2:10 AM, ScarecrowsFate said:

I think the real problem is that unnecessary online features are forced into single-player games to begin with. If I had to guess, you can probably blame the publisher for pressuring them to do it.

Anyway, I finished Scrap Collection Simulator 2015 yesterday:

6c285c90-0109-11eb-9fcb-0676b3257eda.jpg

Hooray. I followed the True Achievements walkthrough for about 2/3 of it, then went off on my own. After each scavenging location, I checked both my stats and challenge progress, to make sure they updated properly, then made a manual save in a new slot. I was also careful not to die while the "saving..." message was flashing in the upper-right corner (there are only a few locations where that's really possible anyhow). Left my full thoughts on the game here.

I didn't encounter any game-breaking glitches, but TONS of small ones, such as Max or the car getting permanently stuck in the geometry, forcing me to fast travel away. Happy to answer any questions about the platinum for those still going for it.

Well done!

I'll be breathing a sigh of relief once I'm in your position!

• Like 1

Religiously checking the stats after each scavenging location got me through to the plat yesterday.  What car challenges I had left were fairly easily obtainable after a quick search for locations/methods to get them done post game.

Would recommend players get the challenge for boarding spike kills by farming convoys as it's a pain once they are gone.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Willstown said:

Would recommend players get the challenge for boarding spike kills by farming convoys as it's a pain once they are gone.

The only method after you cleared out all territory is waiting for the Buzzards to come out at night. You have to get them to jump on your car and onto the boarder spikes, which can be a long and painful process. Definitely far easier when you still got a lot of territory to beat, as enemies are far more numerous and you'll get into random encounters with enemies trying to jump on your car.

Ok so I have finally finished both scrap challenges and my stats look like they haven't glitched - stats = 28, challenges =  28 (5/5+13/13+10/18).

Is there anything else I should be looking for or is this save good to keep in the cloud as a backup? I've read about a glitched container in Pinky's territory but is that glitch tied to your save file or can you just reload to resolve this?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, black__bunny said:

Ok so I have finally finished both scrap challenges and my stats look like they haven't glitched - stats = 28, challenges =  28 (5/5+13/13+10/18).

Is there anything else I should be looking for or is this save good to keep in the cloud as a backup? I've read about a glitched container in Pinky's territory but is that glitch tied to your save file or can you just reload to resolve this?

Wrong scrap challenge. You are referring to the scavenging locations. The online ones that people are frantically trying to earn is APenny Saved and Dividend. You will need to start up Scrap Crews in the strongholds to earn them. Check other threads here for step-by-step directions. 

Good luck!

8 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Wrong scrap challenge. You are referring to the scavenging locations. The online ones that people are frantically trying to earn is APenny Saved and Dividend. You will need to start up Scrap Crews in the strongholds to earn them. Check other threads here for step-by-step directions. 

Good luck!

Thanks but I have done both scrap challenges tied to the online server and currently don't look like I have glitched stats for scavenging locations. I am trying to clarify if having both scrap challenges  done and scavenging locations not glitched the only thing I need for a backup save?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, black__bunny said:

Thanks but I have done both scrap challenges tied to the online server and currently don't look like I have glitched stats for scavenging locations. I am trying to clarify if having both scrap challenges  done and scavenging locations not glitched the only thing I need for a backup save?

Sorry, missed the post about earning Dividend.  You should be good from here on out. Just keep checking your Scavenging Location challenge tally with the number under Statistics and making sure they are agreeing with each other (+36 with the Statistics number).

I think the Wailing Wind trailer location has been patched. I had no trouble with it. 

On 29/09/2020 at 2:18 PM, TalalHmd said:

I’m getting less scraps each day

first overnight: 420 (2 strongholds)

second overnight: 315 (3 strongholds)

third overnight: 267 (3 strongholds)

Yeah, it must do that. Either after the first few days it slows down, or the 500 scrap is quick and the 2000 is slow. I got the first challenge with 500 scrap done in about 4 hours of not being on the game. Now, I'll leave it overnight and it'll give me 100-150 in total