Online Shut Down 10/31/2020

DEI2EK

4 hours ago, Slamma said:

I misread as well, the shutdown is October 31st, not September 31st... so more than 2 weeks.

I know the servers shutdown on 31st October, which gives you more than enough time to plat Mad Max if you start playing now, even if a game breaking glitch occurs you will have enough time to restart.

What I meant was that I wouldn't recommend starting the game in the last 2 weeks of October, if you're planning to get the platinum trophy. Since you could get locked out from the platinum by running out of time to get 2000 scrap from the scrap crew before the servers are closed, especially if a game breaking bug happens causing you to restart from the beginning.

1 hour ago, Lynch25203012 said:

With the bugs and glitches ect if a new playthrough was started would that maybe help fix the issue and pop the relevant trophies? I may get through the game as quickly as I can just to get this trophy that will become unobtainable but don't fancy a completely locked trophy

The glitches don't care if you start a new game or not, because if they're going to happen, they're gonna happen so all you can do is make tons of backups and restore one if something goes wrong.

I'm going to have to start this game over as I already end game and there isn't enough enemies to do the combo challenge, what a shame. Wish they added something like Farcry and reset bases.

Is there even a New Game+ that carries the challenges?

12 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

If I start from the beginning, does anyone know roughly how long it'd take to knock the 2 online challenges off? 

This game has so many glitches you could get the challenges done and then run into some game breaking glitch forcing a restart

its one of those things you need to be prepared to do all or none 

• Like 1

so my plan is, try to get those online challenges asap, and create one save(of many, but this would be like my earliest in game) and if the game screws me and glitches the F out on me, i can use that earliest save as my clean start? even if i have to redo challenges and what not

btw, i started a couple of hours ago, i like the game, its fun so far hehe

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, A1r4l3x said:

so my plan is, try to get those online challenges asap, and create one save(of many, but this would be like my earliest in game) and if the game screws me and glitches the F out on me, i can use that earliest save as my clean start? even if i have to redo challenges and what not

btw, i started a couple of hours ago, i like the game, its fun so far hehe

Yeah basically you’ll want to have saves all over the place I think in case you run into any glitches

and then try and collect the project parts that earn you scrap offline and hope that your game doesn’t glitch and you can get the challenge trophy when it’s all said and done

really fun game though I’ve beaten it like 3 times, but it’s so buggy

• Like 3

Missing 1 trophy for this Plat, I had a scrap collectible bug on me. 1 damn scrap kept me from the platinum. Could never be bothered to do it all again for the chance it’d happen again. I’m almost kinda relieved the servers are going down soon. I’ve had an itch to go back and complete it but I know I wouldn’t enjoy it at all... 1 more month and that itch will be gone for good.

• Like 2

This will mark the fourth game on my list that I have completed but is unobtainable, following in the footsteps of PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale, Driveclub and Driveclub Bikes.

If you guys plan to play this game, then I'd suggest starting right now. Keep an actual notepad and cross off every scavenging location you find, make sure the statistics screen and the challenges screen MATCH UP. If you got everything but you're one off from completing the challenge, then you got hit with the glitch, and have to start over from the beginning.

What I did was make multiple saves, even backing my save up to the USB/Cloud. They can definitely help, so that way if you do get the glitch you don't have to go all the way to the start of the game.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Skurkitty said:

Missing 1 trophy for this Plat, I had a scrap collectible bug on me. 1 damn scrap kept me from the platinum. Could never be bothered to do it all again for the chance it’d happen again. I’m almost kinda relieved the servers are going down soon. I’ve had an itch to go back and complete it but I know I wouldn’t enjoy it at all... 1 more month and that itch will be gone for good.

Your profile is quite impressive. I suggest you go back and knock the trophy out before the servers go down. I know it's only one trophy and one game but it'd be a shame having a non-100% game on your profile that could have been avoided.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Varhur said:

Why this "you had YEARS to complete this" is even an argument, I ain't playing in a way that consists of going from one online game to another, so obviously people don't have all online games under the radar. Add glitchiness and even recent news to some people that the platinum is effectively online because of the Scrap Crew and people who thought about starting the game "someday", don't have that big time frame.

The problem isn't when people jump on a game when there is a server shutdown announcement. The problem starts when people bitch and moan that they "can't complete the game, this will put a great deal of stress on me, why should I put myself through this mess, etc etc etc".

I started Driveclub and Driveclub Bikes a full month before the server shutdown at the end of March this year. The first thing I prioritized was the online trophies, reaching 1000 miles as a Club member and most definitely the multiplayer replay trophy for being in a race with at least six competitors while finishing in the top three in Bikes. I had it all done by the first week in March, and I just decided to grab the rest of the trophies I had left, eventually getting everything.

But I will say this, if you started a game back in 2008 - 2010, see the server shutdown and realize that it's too late, the fault is entirely on you. Don't start bitching and complaining if you feel you don't have enough time.

Really mind boggles me how people get worked up on games that are 5, 10, 12 years old that just suddenly had a server shutdown announcement. Yeah you guys probably didn't get around to it and maybe you didn't have time, but stressing out over a potentially unobtainable platinum trophy because someone was too late really isn't worth the trouble.

Just do what you guys can do and move on.

Edited by Spaz

How much hours spend in game time for this one online related trophy? Started this game few years back, didn't even now it had an online related trophy. With all those bugs I might just start over a new game and keep track of possible glitched stats.

Edited by Dylan-Mehl

3 hours ago, Dylan-Mehl said:

How much hours spend in game time for this one online related trophy? Started this game few years back, didn't even now it had an online related trophy. With all those bugs I might just start over a new game and keep track of possible glitched stats.

16 hours ago, ObsiEez said:

If I start from the beginning, does anyone know roughly how long it'd take to knock the 2 online challenges off? 

I've just started the game. I'd say a couple hours to get to Jeet's (you need to follow the storyline until you go to explore the Jaws) and collecting all 4 pieces to build the Scrap Team or whatever is called in english. Then it'l give you like 50-60 scrap per hour offline, more or less. 

If you progress on the story you can build more Scrap Teams, speeding up the process.

What you can do is checking always that your stats tab matchs the challenge tab. Check the video on the first page. Then, when you're done with this challenge, just make an usb backup or cloud backup just in case.

I'd say you should worry only if you die upon completing a scavenge zone, but better check everytime.

• Like 2

Just now, breakXedge said:

I've just started the game. I'd say a couple hours to get to Jeet's (you need to follow the storyline until you go to explore the Jaws) and collecting all 4 pieces to build the Scrap Team or whatever is called in english. Then it'l give you like 50-60 scrap per hour offline, more or less. 

If you progress on the story you can build more Scrap Teams, speeding up the process.

What you can do is checking always that your stats tab matchs the challenge tab. Check the video on the first page. Then, when you're done with this challenge, just make an usb backup or cloud backup just in case.

I'd say you should worry only if you die upon completing a scavenge zone, but better check everytime.

The scrap trophy isn't the only one that can glitch on you. I had a trophy glitch on me years ago that i wasn't prepared for and that was clearing all camp objectives. I did all the camps and all the optional objectives but didn't get that trophy. So all i can say is watch for that one too, maybe ill get lucky on this new playthrough and it'll pop.

• Like 2

The insignias was another one that was known to glitch. I don't know if any of the updates fixed it, because for quite a while Avalanche Studios actually made the race trophies unobtainable with update 1.05, which were later fixed with update 1.06.

My advice is make multiple save files and back them up via USB/Cloud. Be absolutely sure that the number of scavenging locations in the statistics screen and the challenges screen are both the same. If you got the trophy for getting all the locations but you're one location off on the challenge tracker, then you unfortunately have the scavenging glitch.

Now with the server shutdown announcement coming up, I would definitely start on getting the scrap you need while you are away from the game. It only counts if you aren't playing, you need an internet connection. I just left my PS4 on rest mode and I managed to have the scrap crews get all the scrap I needed for that challenge within 4 - 6 days after I started.

Edited by Spaz

1 hour ago, mizimmer said:

3. Turn off the game completely and wait for another 24 hours (Just putting it to reset mode is not enough!)

I am guessing you meant to type “rest mode” in the above?

I dove in too. I will echo your post, took me 2 hours and change to get to Jeet,  so should be plenty of time to accrue enough scrap and knock these two items out. ?

• Like 1

Yeah sorry for the typo! Basically just make sure you always close the application completely. ? 

I just found out that there seems to be a daily cap of 200. So this means this challenge will need at least 10 days to complete the 2.000 scrap requirement for the Dividend challenge! So everybody who still wants to plat this get on it as soon as possible as the deadline is the 21st October to have a chance to get the platinum.

Just want to check something if anyone can clarify. It's only the 500/2000 scrap challenges that will be affected won't it? Just done undertow but I assume the more camps you liberate the quicker you obtain till the daily limit is reached? So if I had 1 camp pumping out 50 scrap per hour for example 2 camps may give me 100 scrap. Or is my way of thinking way of base?