Online Shut Down 10/31/2020

DEI2EK

Well guess it’s time to finally play this.

On 16/09/2020 at 2:02 AM, Slamma said:

I misread as well, the shutdown is October 31st, not September 31st... so more than 2 weeks.

Lol there is no 31st of September. Least you misread it being less time rather than more.

58 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

So, is there a way to check whether your save file has been affected by the glitch? Perhaps a statistics page or something like that?

Yeah as mentioned before, if your challenge tracker and statistic tracker for your scavenging locations don't match up you're glitched

As for the glitch of not having 100% on outposts, not sure how to avoid that one or know

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Yeah as mentioned before, if your challenge tracker and statistic tracker for your scavenging locations don't match up you're glitched

As for the glitch of not having 100% on outposts, not sure how to avoid that one or know

But is it confirmed that they should match 1 to 1? I've played for 2-3 hours, and comparing them already shows the difference (and quite significant):

• Stats Scavenging locations completed: 13
  • Challenges Complete 13 scavenging locations: 8/13

Edit: Nevermind, the game has a rather weird Challenge tracking system where a "second tier" challenge is tracked from 0. Just found the first tier-one in the completed section that says "Complete 5 scavenging locations". 5 completed ones + 8 "current" ones = 13 which matches the stats info.

God, now this game is making me do math...what's next?

Edited by Sydoki
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

But is it confirmed that they should match 1 to 1? I've played for 2-3 hours, and comparing them already shows the difference (and quite significant):

You've already completed the 5 scavenging locations one, so you add the 5 and the 8 to get 13. It's a little addition you'll have to keep track of but as long as they stay 1 to 1 you're good.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

Edit: Nevermind, the game has a rather weird Challenge tracking system where a "second tier" challenge is tracked from 0. Just found the first tier-one in the completed section that says "Complete 5 scavenging locations". 5 completed ones + 8 "current" ones = 13 which matches the stats info.

God, now this game is making me do math...what's next?

1 minute ago, DEI2EK said:

You've already completed the 5 scavenging locations one, so you add the 5 and the 8 to get 13. It's a little addition you'll have to keep track of but as long as they stay 1 to 1 you're good.

Those are basically challenges for doing just a few of them. It's the one that counts the total number of scavenging locations in the game that you guys need to be concerned about.

26 minutes ago, SairenOne said:

whats about the 500 scrap from cleanup tems challenge?

That's not online, that's a separate project you have to build, and then that picks up the scrap for you when you blow up cars in the territory that you built the cleanup crew in.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Here’s my update:

0 hour - Built Jeet Scrap Craw

+10 hours - earned 68 scrap

+ 18 hours - earned 144 scrap with Gutgash Scrap Crew in mix. Cumulative = 212

+ 30 hours - earned 164 (2 crews). Cumulative = 376

Note that when it reaches 500 and the challenge is complete, any extra DOESNT go towards the 2000, the 500 challenge has to mark as completed first and the second challenge then starts

• Like 1

I just had a thought. This doesn't mean it will happen but what if this is a similar situation as Batman: Arkham Origins and that game's multiplayer? WB Games indicated that the online functionality would end for that game too but it's still up. Maybe the only thing that's ending is the WBID connection and as long as you are connected to PSN, the scrap crews will work.

Again, this does not mean it's the same situation. I would plan on working on the challenges and the Platinum between now and October 31.

i'll have to look at the mad max game. i don't want to miss out on the plat.

just worried about glitched trophy's. i'm traumatized by just cause 3. "hearts of stone" trophy didn't unlock seems it can glitch if you liberate the whole island first.

edit: i just finished atelier shallie. i'm going to stay playing mad max until i unlock the online trophy then shelve it then come back after i finish a trove of games.

Edited by kingdrake2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, kingdrake2 said:

i'm going to stay playing mad max until i unlock the online trophy then shelve it then come back after i finish a trove of games.

Just fyi: There is no online trophy. Scrap crews are part of "challenges" (required for Up to the Task trophy) and this game contains a massive amount of them. If you get screwed by other bug, then you will have to restart the game from scratch and do these "online" challenges again.

The point is, you are not safe if you only do scrap crews and leave the rest for later.

Edited by HusKy

1 hour ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

My stats say 36 Scavenging Locations completed.

I have done 3 so far:

Low Hanging Fruit 5/5

What's Yours Is Mine 13/13

Picking The Carcass 18/18

Reaper Of The Harvest 0/191

I am good?

5+13+18=36 quick maths!

Yep, you're good in this particular challenge.

• Like 1