should I wait to platinum this on PS5 ?

Mr_Buzzinka

8 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

In what world has this story been boring? The story is the best part of the game right now.

Same. I liked the story a lot + I considered a story all sidequests and all avengers iconic missions, so for some people saying campaign is short 8hrs - to me it is more like 14 good hours.

Edited by OverHypedG
  • Like 4

I’ve decided that with any game that comes out on both PS4 and PS5, I’m going to wait to get it on PS5, because that’ll be the most updated version (if Borderlands 2, GTA 5 and Black Ops 3 are anything to go by) 

Avengers is definitely one for the PS5 as I imagine the PS4 version will be dropped support way before the PS5 one will be.

On 9/16/2020 at 3:13 AM, ObsceneSociopath said:

He asked you how & why it was boring, doubling down on your initial statement just evades the question.

It is far from boring, in fact its exactly on point as to what I'd have expected from a run in the comics doing this story where it would have probably been highly praised especially with it's handling of Kamala.

Whoever wrote the characters & their dialogue in this game has done an incredible job, you'd be forgiven for thinking it had been lifted directly from its source material because it has been handled so well & is so faithful to the characters & their personalities.

If your going to put down someone's hardwork, at least do the decent thing & give an explanation as to why, don't just give the same generic 2-bit response all the people who haven't played the game are giving.

-Edit-

I've just re-read your first post & see that you've also complained there's no guide available. The game came out on general release 11 days ago & early access 14 days ago so its really not surprising there are no guides yet.

It's designed to be a game to encourage people to play over a long period of time & due to that some of the content needed for the trophies is time gated. There is also a major patch due at some point this week that could change things majorly in the game so it would be pointless to write something up that could be redundant in a few days.

If you need a guide to play or enjoy a game that's only just released, then your clearly playing the wrong game.

i will explain why i hated the game...

the story is generic as hell....heroes are blamed for something...they disband....some amateur comes around to reunite them...the villain thinks ridding certain people from earth is for greater good.

the gameplay is extremely repetitive and bland...there is literally no innovation with game mechanics what so ever. 

the gear you collect have no visual effects on the characters and is overly complex.

the voice acting and dialogues are cringe worthy....kamala being the most obnoxious character of the game

the graphics are alright at best for a 2020 game.

18 hours ago, bboysunny93 said:

i will explain why i hated the game...

the story is generic as hell....heroes are blamed for something...they disband....some amateur comes around to reunite them...the villain thinks ridding certain people from earth is for greater good.

the gameplay is extremely repetitive and bland...there is literally no innovation with game mechanics what so ever. 

the gear you collect have no visual effects on the characters and is overly complex.

the voice acting and dialogues are cringe worthy....kamala being the most obnoxious character of the game

the graphics are alright at best for a 2020 game.

Sounds to me like you should just hold off on the platinum full stop, as it's clearly not a game you enjoy.

Kamala is far from obnoxious, and is probably the most well handled character of the lot of them, with Bruce being another great standout. As people have said, the story mode is currently the best portion of the game, with the rest of it being mostly filler until they start adding new heroes and more end game content.

The gear isn't complex, you literally hold L2 to equip your best gear and trash the rest. Don't have to start doing any investment in gear at all until you hit the soft cap power level of 130. Plus, if it had visual effects, the characters would look messy and the costumes would be irrelevant. It's more than likely a licensing thing anyway, as these aren't Crystal Dynamics/Square Enix characters. Marvel owns the characters, so what they says goes I'd imagine. Add in to that the fact the majority of the gear looks identical from the inventory slots anyway, I just don't understand why this is something people are asking for? Seems completely redundant to me.

The graphics are actually quite good for this kind of game in my opinion, far superior to Anthem, Destiny etc. I mean obviously it doesn't compare to something like Ghost of Tsushima, but at the same time, I don't think it's trying to.

Obviously entitled to your own opinion and everything but a lot of this comes off as a little misleading in comparison to the experience I have had. I don't understand why you would even bother going for the platinum on a game you yourself say you 'hated'.

Edited by HelixNebula_x
words
  • Like 4

On 9/15/2020 at 2:19 PM, bboysunny93 said:

i have just finished the story, which was SUPER boring btw. plus there are no guides & the game seems like a glitch fest.
i hope PS5 shares the same list as this...so i can continue on it!

so should i wait for it to be patched and running good with a guide available?  

You really need a guide for this?  Theres nothing in this game that involves any sort of strategy or advanced planning. Complete 30 war zones level 3 or higher...complete 5/50 Hive missions, open 50 caches, open 100 strongboxes, complete 100 assignments, reach level 50, a bunch of story related unmissable trophies, etc.  Who needs a guide for that?

• Like 3