Cropping Videos

LukeTheGooner

4 minutes ago, LukeTheGooner said:

just to crop some videos, that's free and fast

What's your OS? Windows 10?

Believe it or not, hit the Windows key on your keyboard or open your Start Menu and type Video Editor. It's part of the Photos app and is great for very minor edits like cropping videos and it's free!

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

What's your OS? Windows 10?

Believe it or not, hit the Windows key on your keyboard or open your Start Menu and type Video Editor. It's part of the Photos app and is great for very minor edits like cropping videos and it's free!

yeah I have windows 10, I will try this thanks :) found a website earlier but it was taking ages to actually save the video after

What exactly are you trying to do? are you cropping the video to show a cut at the top and bottom off to suit a movie style take or you want to edit a movie and edit certain segments out. Depend on which video editor is your NLE, you may end up compress the video file and it will come out rubbish and not in it's original frame rate. I'm not aware which video editor's are free anymore, as my main NLE is adobe CS6, but you could do cyberlink powerdirector, mpeg-vcr gives a free trial.

Cheap video editors and no experience could end up making your video look too compressed and blocky compared to its original frame rate. If it's just a basic crop of removing certain FPS, then mpeg-vcr will do the trick, it's very good and will save in mpeg2 format and at high quality, where no experience as an video editor is required.  The windows video editor is meh, from a video editor's point of view. Make sure you are compressing it with the same frame rate as the original, also check the original file if its 24 fps (pal) or 29 FPS (NTSC) and keep it in the same format, when you save it. Videos will save slow or fast, depend on the file size your saving and the length of the video. I know of another that's free and professional, but can't remember what it is.

54 minutes ago, ninjagirl657 said:

windows video editor

Are you thinking about the old Windows Movie Maker or the new Windows Video Editor. The new Video Editor is leaps and bounds more usable and better at not introducing compression, is much more intuitive than any of the "free" video editors, and is actually a good solution for probably 90% of peoples quick edit needs.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...