Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention any good?

Hello, recently I've been into some JRPG spirits. At first I wanted to get Tales of Xillia for PS3, but now when I saw Disgaea 3 for Vita, I thought it looked much better and had much more joy in it. Right now, I really want to get it, and it looks really fun. So should I get it? Or there's something off putting in the game that I should be aware off?

Thanks

Have you looked up some gameplay? 

Personally, as a newcomer to the series I found it very enjoyable (though I am nowhere near completing it) but at times just a little overwhelming. It plays and looks beautiful on the Vita and if you're a fan of the gameplay or type it is a no brainier, get it immediately. 

Here is some gameplay/review. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN9Ql4rPTag

Parker

Disgaea 3 is an AMAZING game. One of my favorites. 

If you have ever played a disgaea game, you know it's all about grinding. 95% of the game is grinding, really. The game only opens up after you finish the story, which can take up around 40 hours with a lot of great jokes. I guarantee you will laugh at some parts. 

If you're going for the platinum, it's not all that bad. Anyone can do it with a bit of grinding. It took me 75 hours to platinum the vita verson, and around 140 hours to platinum the ps3 version. They are very good games.

I guess you could compare the gameplay to final fantasy tactics with more anime looking characters. It's also more fast paced. 

There is something known as the item world, which is a randomly generated dungeon that goes up to 100 floors and for every floor your item gets more powerful.

It's an amazing game, but it's a bit more of a "hardcore" JRPG. if you don't like grinding then this game is not for you. You can get the first two games as PS2 classics for 10$ so you see how the game plays like. Disgaea 3 is not much different from the first.

• Like 2

Have you looked up some gameplay? 

Personally, as a newcomer to the series I found it very enjoyable (though I am nowhere near completing it) but at times just a little overwhelming. It plays and looks beautiful on the Vita and if you're a fan of the gameplay or type it is a no brainier, get it immediately. 

Here is some gameplay/review. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN9Ql4rPTag

Parker

Yeah, I saw some gameplay. It looks fun :) 

So I guess, it's settled then. Will be getting this game :)

Thanks everyone!

• Like 1

I had it for PS3 but with all the games I had got at the time I didn't get to play it much. It's my first Disgaea game, I ended up getting the Vita version so I could put the time it needs into it. I would recommend it to any fan of tactical RPGS or if many hours of game play give you a sense of accomplishment.