Final Fantasy XVI - June 22, 2023

Abby_TheLastofUs

3 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

On one hand, I like how this seems to be more traditional FF in terms of its setting.

On the other hand, it gets to the combat and all I can think is that this seems like FF15 medieval British edition.

Hopefully it'll be decent, but I'm very much a stickler for old-school turn based or ATB FF.

I agree 100%.

I like the setting, but that FF15 gameplay look-alike isn't making me extremely excited for it (still, that's 1 more sure buy for me, along Demon's Souls and Gran Turismo) 

• Like 3

I'll almost definitely still be getting it day 1, but something feels disappointing about this trailer. I'm glad that they're going back to a medieval setting, but everything else just feels like... nothing new? Maybe I'm expecting too much since it's coming on a next-gen console, but the graphics didn't look like an upgrade over FF15, and the combat (at least on its surface) just looks like FF15 combat again.

Somehow FF7R feels more "updated" than this does, at least based on what this trailer shows.

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 3

Ah heck yeah! I'm excited for it! I really love Final Fantasy and I'm stoked to go on another adventure. I have no pre-tense of expectations. Give me whatever you want: turn based, action combat, whatever. I don't care, just bring on another Final Fantasy! 

Finally the setting is not something futuristic. And this one seems different from the others. The characters look more western,  the game seems more violent and mature, and the series each day is further from being turn based. I only hope we not have to wait almost the entire PS5 cycle and that it is released full, and not the DLC fest that was XV. 

23 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE

INSTA-GOTY FAVORITE (for whatever year I play it)

#FFXVIWILLSAVEUSALL

I'm with you on that one. xD And it's developed by the team that did FF14 so hopefully good things in store!!