Hogwarts Legacy Announced

Abby_TheLastofUs

16 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Except that the entire justification for TERF ideology is that men are violent sexual predators that cannot be trusted around women.

Again, that was their fucking point.

Won't anyone think of the poor gamers?!

Yes, kicking butch lesbians out of women's restrooms because they don't look feminine enough is definitely the behavior of people concerned with women's safety.

To say nothing of that time a year or two ago when TERFs platformed a cis lesbian with multiple allegations against her of assaulting women in bathrooms (the exact thing they accuse trans women of) and when the allegations came to light were... completely silent on the matter. But I suppose that's because it's not ideologically convenient for them to acknowledge predator cis women when they could instead be filming trans women in bathroom stalls and then using it as evidence that they're the sex pests.

It's a catch 22; it's easier for them to deny someone's bigotry altogether, but it doesn't matter if you convince them that that person has said bigoted things anyway, because they don't actually care and bigotry does not offend them.

Do you really have to respond to every one of my posts with this? Yes, we get it. You do not care. We got it the first time you posted this, and the second, and the third, and we still get it. Repeating it again is not going to make anybody agree with this sentiment more.

Again, it's not hard for you. Because none of what she does actually affects you.

Yes, kicking butch lesbians out of women's restrooms because they don't look feminine enough is definitely the behavior of people concerned with women's safety.

Another person ignoring my point - what has JK Rowling ever said or done that is anti LGBT? Your above example, I am pretty sure she wasn't involved in kicking of lesbians out of a woman's toilet. Of course there will be some biological women out there that are indeed predators but that in no way justifies opening up these spaces to biological males who can also be predators. 

I am more and more convinced that the loud voices you hear online advocating for this sort of thing are actually the predators trying to get easier access to women. Its the only reason I can think of for this aggressive form of trying to force men into women's spaces etc.

47 minutes ago, Fyorian said:

I can't find anything when I google "JK Rowling Mein Kampf" - can you (or somebody who liked your post) please provide some more information about this? Thanks a lot!

That's because it wasn't JKR who did it but another terf: https://www.thepinknews.com/2023/01/16/newcastle-let-women-speak-rally-adolt-hitler-trans-speech/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fyorian said:

I can't find anything when I google "JK Rowling Mein Kampf" - can you (or somebody who liked your post) please provide some more information about this? Thanks a lot!

I might be wrong, but I believe this is a conflation between JK Rowling and a much-more-recent incident where someone compared the trans movement to Nazism, but cited Mein Kampf. 

50 minutes ago, RachelCharlotte said:

Oops - I should read the whole thread. 

Edited by starcrunch061