Hogwarts Legacy Announced

Abby_TheLastofUs

3 hours ago, JavaNext said:

I dont think anybody posted this so here it is:

https://www.wizardingworld.com/legacyconnect

It's a website where you can get a couple of items for the game AND get sorted into a house, get your patronus and wand.

I got Slytherin, Black Mamba and a Yew Wand with a Unicorn core.

Pretty fun.

Did this years and years ago, back then you only found your house...I still had an account there, so I'm still Gryffindor (I did this 5 times back in the day and got Gryffindor 4 times and Ravenclaw once). But my Patronus is a Black and White Cat and my Wand is Chestnut w/ Phoenix Core, 11 3/4" Length and Hard Flexibility. 

Would be cool to have a Sorting Hat moment in the game though, and your house actually having some kind of effect on the game as well. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, JavaNext said:

I dont think anybody posted this so here it is:

https://www.wizardingworld.com/legacyconnect

It's a website where you can get a couple of items for the game AND get sorted into a house, get your patronus and wand.

I got Slytherin, Black Mamba and a Yew Wand with a Unicorn core.

Pretty fun.

Definitely will check this out soon. In other news, no playable Quidditch. That's disappointing.

https://gamerant.com/hogwarts-legacy-no-quidditch/

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Definitely will check this out soon. In other news, no playable Quidditch. That's disappointing.

https://gamerant.com/hogwarts-legacy-no-quidditch/

Damn that's really disappointing, Avalanche made a gigantic open wizarding world, and no quidditch ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Viper said:

Did this years and years ago, back then you only found your house...I still had an account there, so I'm still Gryffindor (I did this 5 times back in the day and got Gryffindor 4 times and Ravenclaw once). But my Patronus is a Black and White Cat and my Wand is Chestnut w/ Phoenix Core, 11 3/4" Length and Hard Flexibility. 

Would be cool to have a Sorting Hat moment in the game though, and your house actually having some kind of effect on the game as well. 

Oh, you can redo your sorting?? 

I just did it in order to get the exclusive robes on launch and got Gryffindor, which is cool but I was actually trying to get Ravenclaw. I'd def like the opportunity to retry, since I don't think we know if the game will let you straight up choose your House?

Also, regarding the House Fan-atic robes recently announced, does anyone here know whether we technically unlock the full set or do we just get the robes corresponding to the House we got sorted into on the Fan Club site?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomataEighty9 said:

Then WHY is there Quidditch in the trailer? that's just dumb.... I was looking forward to playing Quidditct :( 

I believe they said there's no "playing" Quidditch. It's probably in the game but as an event or cutscene, just not playable for you.

Maybe they'll add it as a future DLC, who knows!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KenobiEagle said:

I just did it in order to get the exclusive robes on launch and got Gryffindor, which is cool but I was actually trying to get Ravenclaw. I'd def like the opportunity to retry, since I don't think we know if the game will let you straight up choose your House?

Also, regarding the House Fan-atic robes recently announced, does anyone here know whether we technically unlock the full set or do we just get the robes corresponding to the House we got sorted into on the Fan Club site?

You could back then, there was a retry button. But I didn't see one now as I wanted to redo my Patronus, but I doesn't seem that simple anymore. 

I hate that the steel book is locked behind a stupidly expensive larger box, but what can you do. Second trailer didn't seem as interesting to me. It's strange to say this, but a lot of the better expanded universe stuff revolves around fucking about than telling a story. And what we saw in the first trailer, them school days and exploration, struck me as more fun than having to take time out for blah blah dark wizards and goblins oh my.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2022 at 8:33 AM, carmeloceltics said:

Hogowarts legacy is gonna be epic .. Any thoughts?

Definitely looking forward to it. It'll be nice to have a sort of Harry Potter simulator so to speak. Not going to get it at launch though...I usually pre-order 1 game a year and 2023 is reserved for Spider-Man 2. But definitely before the year is up. 

On 3/9/2022 at 4:41 PM, KenobiEagle said:

1) You can just delete your account in the fan club and try again, there is a pattern in the questions.

2)Yes you choose your house

3)Too soon for a question like that.

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2022 at 1:47 PM, MidnightDragon said:

I'm thoroughly impressed. I'm not even the biggest Harry Potter fan out there (never read the books, just like the movies). But there's so much intricate detail and a lot of passion put into this that this has turned into something more than I really expected. I was expecting a fun little Harry Potter-lite adventure game...but this is a definitive Harry Potter experience that might actually be one of the measuring sticks of this generation. 

I'm not completely getting my hopes up, because previews can always be doctored to look better than the final product. But for now...I'm blown away by how good this looks. 

Edited by Viper

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is anyone else concerned or even wondering about resolution and framerate targets? Especially for the delayed last gen versions. 

We're a tiny bit less than a month away from release. The game is finished, so there shouldn't be any final tweaks happening. Why not share this information? I have to wonder if they are worried that information may hurt their preorder sales.

Remember their subsidiary team WB Montreal waited until the final days leading to release to divulge that information for Gotham Knights, and there was a ton of backlash (mostly because of no performance mode and very average looking graphics). It seems the parent studio isn't afraid to at least go down the path of last minute information dump about performance again.