Hogwarts Legacy Announced

Abby_TheLastofUs

Harry Potter has become something important to a lot of people. It's a story that has helped a lot of people, saved them even. The author needs to be held accountable for the bullshit she spreads, but it seems too much to me to boycott something that has become so important in the lives of so many. You can still hold her accountable and still enjoy the series itself. If we boycott everything just because the creator is a piece of trash, we wouldn't be enjoying a lot of things that have touched, shaped, and changed our lives. If you're against it, fine. If you're not, fine. I just don't like the idea of shaming people who decide to play the game. What does that solve? Nothing, because they're still gonna play the game if they want to play it. I also don't believe that, just because you play the game, you're endorsing her behavior or her views. That's just ignorant. 

Harry Potter has been a big part of my life. It's helped me through a lot of hard times and it gave me hope in times where there seemed to be none. I don't agree with Rowling and I think her views are absolute garbage. She needs to be held accountable, especially when she spews her bullshit in a public forum, but I can't bring myself to turn my back on Harry Potter because of it. I've been longing for a HP game for so long, especially seeing people play the old ones on YouTube that I never got to play. 

It sucks that the PS4 version was pushed back to April because this was gonna be my birthday gift next month. I kinda wish that all consoles got pushed back so it could be released to everyone at the same time. My best friend has a PS5 and he's gonna be playing it the second it drops. It's gonna suck listening to him and trying to avoid spoilers until April :/ 

• Like 4

On 17/01/2023 at 10:43 AM, TheStark700 said:

According to some news sites, estimates is about 70 hours for the Platinum/Full Completion

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2023/01/17/hogwarts-legacy-length-how-long-to-beat/

70 hours!? Exactly what I need/ want ? waiting for reviews and trophy guide before I shoot.

The game is looking fantastic!

Edited by Fr_0zt

I never realized that Harry Potter's creator was Emperor Palpatine in the Transphobe Empire. That would make my dad Kylo Ren in a way. He isn't a transphobe, but he's anti-trans: He thinks that trans and homos are mentally ill for having unnatural sexual desires. I do support free love rights for anyone, but everyone has their opinions and trying to make everyone think like you is just as bad as what Emperor Palpatine was trying to do to Luke and Rey. (Sorry, been playing nothing but LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga.)

For a note, I did not realize that JK was a transphobe who was violently anti-gay until I ran into this post. That shows that she hides her opinions from her fans very well and never lets her transphobia leak into her works. Omitting gay people from your work is different from actively murdering gay people in your work, so Jo was able to get away with it for a long time.

And now people say that transphobes must be boycotted because Jo is transphobe? Sorry, that's a losing battle. As AnnoyingTiger said, Harry Potter is a cult classic as big as Star Wars and people learn to separate the author from the work. I think we should only stop buying Harry Potter books if Jo's gay-hate starts leaking into the world of Hogwarts. Then again, I think that prejudice is a selling point. After all, we have Wizard Hitler(aka Voldemort) who gets punished at the end when the Elder Wand backfires on him and kills him, and that guy is the king of Nazism prejudice against "mudbloods." Also, there are indeed less radical means to express your opinion without having to force an author into bankruptcy(which only works if the author's works aren't mega-best sellers).

21 hours ago, Annoyingtiger888 said:

Harry Potter has been a big part of my life. It's helped me through a lot of hard times and it gave me hope in times where there seemed to be none. I don't agree with Rowling and I think her views are absolute garbage. She needs to be held accountable, especially when she spews her bullshit in a public forum, but I can't bring myself to turn my back on Harry Potter because of it. I've been longing for a HP game for so long, especially seeing people play the old ones on YouTube that I never got to play. 

It sucks that the PS4 version was pushed back to April because this was gonna be my birthday gift next month. I kinda wish that all consoles got pushed back so it could be released to everyone at the same time. My best friend has a PS5 and he's gonna be playing it the second it drops. It's gonna suck listening to him and trying to avoid spoilers until April :/ 

As I said before, she hid her views very well and never let them leak into her work(for the most part) so I never found out about this. I am not pleased that Jo is a gay-hater, but I have no real friends who are LTBG so I can't relate. My dad isn't fond of trans-gays either but his views are a lot less garbage, even thought I do not agree with them. (As I said, he thinks gays are sick in the head and need to be put in a mental ward, but he respects everyone's opinions and doesn't vouch against them. He's reaching 80, bitching about gays is going to shorten his life and I am not ready for him to die just yet. ;))

Also, I'm sorry you won't get this game on your birthday, but then again, not many people have a PS5, so I understand the pain of waiting two months and avoiding spoilers. I couldn't avoid Pokemon Scarlet/Violet spoilers as people were leaking all the new Pokemon and characters months in advance. :( I promise not to spoil anything on the forums for you but if I put this game on my to-do list and put it in an future challenge, no promises. I love to talk about games. I will promise to use spoiler tags.

Edited by Taruta13

I talked with my father and told him about this article, and he said that the truth is that JK Rowling isn't a transphobe, she just thinks that transsexuals are people who aren't right in the head because they refuse to accept their gender as being their true gender. He told me that transsexuals are people who, as children, were forced into sex changes and want to go back to their old gender and that doctors and pharmaceuticals are using "trans rights" to sell dangerous drugs to these people by promoting transsexualism. When I mentioned this game, dad told me "Even more of a reason to buy the game, throw that sh** the article was spewing back in their face!"

I do understand the transsexualism - I myself want to be a woman at times, but I know that's impossible for me in this lifetime, so I accept my masculinity. I'm not against transsexualism but I'm not going to boycott Harry Potter just because of the author's beliefs, especially when they were grossly misrepresented by the media. :(

*puts on the Flame Shield*

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

My condolences.

It’s always a confusing time, the day you realise there’s no IQ test required to be a parent.

LOL.

But anyway, people should spend (or withhold) their money for whatever reason they want. I don’t really care about Rowling’s views, but I won’t buy the game, because I never understood the Harry Potter phenomenon. It’s not unlike the love of Twilight for me.

But whatever. Buy what thou wilt.

• Like 1

Just my two cents, for the agenda is never enough. Considering that I think is Ok when people just say their opinion, they are NOT making parades, cancelling, etc etc, just sharing their thoughts. But it's never enough, that's why the agenda is currently blaming Disney for not being gay enough. Not sure if I'll purchase the game right now, too much stuff in my backlog and I could finally get my physical copy of Fist :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xylobe said:

Anyway, if the game ends up being any good (it seems like it will, but it's still too early to be sure), it seems like a great candidate to pick up used on ebay later in the year. As the Days Gone director put it, that's basically piracy, and the IP owner doesn't see a dime.

I've always found Harry Potter about as interesting as mouldy bread, so I haven't paid much attention to this new game. And with Avalanche Software's repertoire of previously developed games looking kinda dire (imho), I don't have high hopes for this game - got a feeling it's gonna be mediocre at best. But I'll keep it on my radar and may eventually pick up a second hand copy when it's inevitably dirt cheap if it does end up being decent. As criminally boring as Harry Potter is, I have always found the premise of the world semi-interesting at least, it's like one of them isekai animes or some shit, which is enough to pique my interest considering the eponymous bespectacled Gary Stu doesn't seem present in this title at all.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 10:19 AM, Annoyingtiger888 said:

Harry Potter has become something important to a lot of people. It's a story that has helped a lot of people, saved them even. The author needs to be held accountable for the bullshit she spreads, but it seems too much to me to boycott something that has become so important in the lives of so many. You can still hold her accountable and still enjoy the series itself. If we boycott everything just because the creator is a piece of trash, we wouldn't be enjoying a lot of things that have touched, shaped, and changed our lives. If you're against it, fine. If you're not, fine. I just don't like the idea of shaming people who decide to play the game. What does that solve? Nothing, because they're still gonna play the game if they want to play it. I also don't believe that, just because you play the game, you're endorsing her behavior or her views. That's just ignorant. 

Very well said. And I was disappointed it got delayed too. Avoiding spoilers is gonna be tough, but I think I'll manage. 

The people who are trying to cancel this game more than likely eat at maccas, subway or dominos so just tell them they support workers being underpaid/ having no breaks and treated like shit. Ask them if they listen to Michael Jacksons music and if they say yes then they support the legacy of a known pedo. I’m all for free speech and her views are valid because it’s a freedom of speech so I hope  this game receives millions of preorders to rub in it these peoples faces

Edited by Conssumed
  • Like 3

I'm playing it, and honestly, i don't care what was said. I come for the art. Not the people behind it. Examples are: Music, tons of artists use examples of hate speech etc. in some lines. Doesnt mean i agree with the views of the artist, i might just like the beats, music, etc. Bill Cosby, he's a piece of garbage, but ill still watch Cosby show because it was funny.

My point is, i don't care what people do outside their art form. Thats their business, their life. I don't agree with some of it. But its not my business. I like Harry Potter so regardless what Just Kidding Rowling said, I'm going to play the game. If a bunch of people wish to boycott the game, that's their business.

EDIT: Vince McMahon has sexual abuse cases and i like wrestling, so should i stop watching it because of what he did? nah. I don't like Vince. But I'm not gonna stop watching wrestling. 

Hope this game gets 10/10

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 3

Besides the fact that JK Rowling is a piece of shit and she actively contributes to hurt the trans community irl, her views seeps into her work too. Anyone interested can watch this video. The person explaining in the video might be doomer pilled otherwise, but they're spot on here. Make what you want of it and do what you will. Peace.

• Like 3