Hogwarts Legacy Announced

Abby_TheLastofUs

I'm all for this game myself.  I don't care about the whole stuff about J K and all that.  All I care for is the whole Harry Potter stuff and being able to run around Hogwarts, do wizard stuff there and explore the wizarding world.

But unlike others, I'll most likely be picking it up for the PS4, since the PS5 would still be a bit much for me at the moment, no rush for me to get one.

• Like 1

I was going to get a PS5 anyway because I want to play Horizon Forbidden West, but THIS game is the cherry on top for me.

I personally don't care about the whole J K Rowling drama. The Harry Potter franchise was a massive part of my teenage years and beyond and I simply can't ignore that.

Yeah, she may have said some questionable things on Twitter, but I agree with this:

7 hours ago, westersburg said:

Hating Harry Potter or games related to it because of 1 interview of JK Rowling would be absolutely stupid. You don't have to like her personally, just appreciate the world she gave us.

The only bummer about this situation is that we have to wait until 2021 to get our hands on Hogwarts Legacy. The excitement is real.

2 hours ago, Denvirus said:

I fully support you not buying the game for these reasons or any other I might not know of.

I am curious why you wanted to be the one to post the game in this forum? Why not leave it for us who are excited and don't care about Rowling.

I'm not a fan of Harry Potter, so I wasn't ever going to get this game, but I've gotten into the habit of posting new game announcements, so when this game was revealed and no one else had made a topic for it, I went ahead and made one for it, along with some of the other games announced.

The controversy surrounding Rowling is notable enough that the people developing the game are bothered by it, so it's relevant enough to be mentioned.

I'm not going to pounce on someone every time they express excitement for this game, so you and everyone else can still use this topic however you want. 

Enjoyed the movies (never read the books), so I would never call myself a Harry Potter super fan or anything...but this looks great. An RPG in this fashion is really intriguing so I'll likely grab the PS4 version in the future (unless I have a PS5 by then). 

• Like 1

On 17/09/2020 at 8:41 AM, westersburg said:

Hating Harry Potter or games related to it because of 1 interview of JK Rowling would be absolutely stupid. You don't have to like her personally, just appreciate the world she gave us.

It is not because of ONE interview, it is because of her constantly and repeatedly hating on the trans community for month on twitter and on her blog. And now even her new book is full of this. So I understand everyone who doesn’t want to support her.

But I also understand everyone who just wants to enjoy this game, because people have waited years for something like this. I’ll probably buy the game myself at some point, because it’s everything I ever wanted from a Harry Potter game and I love this universe too much to let it be ruined from such an awful person as JK Rowling herself.

I just want people to be aware that she is spreading TERF bullshit and hate online, no matter if you buy the game or not.

• Like 2

Not hyped, but interested...

I kinda like the idea of making a Harry Potter game without Harry Potter. A bit like the Gotham TV series, that managed to create a Batman series without Batman.

Looking forward to knowing more about this ?

Edited by Neef-GT5