Hogwarts Legacy Announced

Abby_TheLastofUs

Just saw the state of play and daaaamn it looks good, looks like a game you could easily waste your life into with so many things they showed (hoping it will be indeed the case). It's been too long I've been waiting a HP or Lotr games to come up on Ps4 again, let's hope they don't delay it again. 

Might be a really tough trophy list as well with so many variety. 

As said previously, just by walking around everything like you live in Hogwarts and seeing the sick graphics and landscapes, still would be worth it ?

• Like 2

By Merlin beard!!! That is a lot better than expected ☺️. It's like Order of The Phoenix only more super.

1)The exploring, dynamic cycle of day/night and weather. It has the potential to be the best HP game, hope Avalanche will not disappoint us.

2)The magical creatures like Graphorn,trolls etc 

3)And Inferi?

4)A Goblin rebellion on the horizon, a mysterious group of wizards and a ancient curse?. All that sound very good

5)Main character can see Thestrals, interesting very interesting

6)It's first in a HP game you can use the Killing Curse! I didn't expect that ?. If Crusio will be also available i will be the happiest dark warlock.

Edited by ASMODAIOS344
  • Like 4

Finally got around to watching the State of Play. I'm interested, it looks really good. I'm reminded of the old PS1 games, where they very much wanted the player to explore the castle, but the game just couldn't pull it off. Constantly locked you out of areas, or pushed you through without a real chance to appreciate anything. Lots of exploration with this one and the areas we saw are beautiful. Proper utilization of the Room of Requirement as a crafting room sounds fun and, if I'm being honest, having proper access to the Hufflepuff common room is an unironic plus (and while i love the LEGO Harry Potter games, those don't count on this point).

Still, there was a note at the start that while this is in-game footage, it's not final. We've all been down this road before. I'll remain cautiously interested until we get closer to release. For the interested, the game is up for pre-order on Amazon.

This game looks so good! Love the HP series/universe, and I love open world games! This is like a childhood dream come true!

I'm so looking forward to doing a few runs of the game, one being as evil as possible and killing other students, and another good run being a perfect student!

The newest rumor is that a constant internet connection is required to play. This is due to “Requires Internet” showing up on some early Xbox box art. Would hate to see my most anticipated game go down this route when it doesn’t have multiplayer or microtransactions, or any need for this at all. Look at Gran Turismo 7’s woes already. Besides the player’s own internet needing to be maintained, you have to trust the company’s servers to be always up and running. For what, a single player game?? You can probably tell I hate “always online” games.

I have been trying to find out more info about this. One site said to basically not worry, it’s placeholder art, and no official communication about it yet. So yea, maybe, hopefully, it is nothing to worry about. It’s still a bit worrisome though. A special game like this I would get either way, but would definitely be unhappy if they go that route. Here’s the article summed up:

But it won’t take long for fans to worry about something else: the possible need to connect to the internet to play the RPG. This seems completely illogical when you know that Hogwarts Legacy does not have multiplayer features (whether local or online). That being said, after the fiasco of Gran Turismo 7 whose servers were completely offline for more than 24 hours, the fear may seem legitimate. When is it really? Where does this rumor of mandatory internet connection come from?

A few news sites have noticed that one of the pre-order covers of Hogwarts Legacy indicated the mention “Requires Internet”. We will see below that this is probably not true since the covers of the game are currently not final and each merchant site uses a different one. This remains a possibility, but it is better to wait for an official communication before worrying about it.

…On the other hand, you have to realize one thing: the jackets used by merchants are not “official”it is simply place holder…

In short, it is a common and legal practice but which does not mean in any way that the covers presented are final. For this, it will be necessary wait for an official communication from Warner Bros Games and Avalanche Software when they present the pre-order bonuses and the different editions of the game (standard, deluxe, collector). Either way, without microtransactions or multiplayer, it seems unlikely that an internet connection will be required to play Hogwarts Legacy. However, let us remain on our guard because the practice, on Xbox in particular, is probably more and more common to avoid hacking and abusive sharing of games.

8 hours ago, NMErickson said:

The newest rumor is that a constant internet connection is required to play. This is due to “Requires Internet” showing up on some early Xbox box art. Would hate to see my most anticipated game go down this route when it doesn’t have multiplayer or microtransactions, or any need for this at all. Look at Gran Turismo 7’s woes already. Besides the player’s own internet needing to be maintained, you have to trust the company’s servers to be always up and running. For what, a single player game?? You can probably tell I hate “always online” games.

I have been trying to find out more info about this. One site said to basically not worry, it’s placeholder art, and no official communication about it yet. So yea, maybe, hopefully, it is nothing to worry about. It’s still a bit worrisome though. A special game like this I would get either way, but would definitely be unhappy if they go that route. Here’s the article summed up:

But it won’t take long for fans to worry about something else: the possible need to connect to the internet to play the RPG. This seems completely illogical when you know that Hogwarts Legacy does not have multiplayer features (whether local or online). That being said, after the fiasco of Gran Turismo 7 whose servers were completely offline for more than 24 hours, the fear may seem legitimate. When is it really? Where does this rumor of mandatory internet connection come from?

A few news sites have noticed that one of the pre-order covers of Hogwarts Legacy indicated the mention “Requires Internet”. We will see below that this is probably not true since the covers of the game are currently not final and each merchant site uses a different one. This remains a possibility, but it is better to wait for an official communication before worrying about it.

…On the other hand, you have to realize one thing: the jackets used by merchants are not “official”it is simply place holder…

In short, it is a common and legal practice but which does not mean in any way that the covers presented are final. For this, it will be necessary wait for an official communication from Warner Bros Games and Avalanche Software when they present the pre-order bonuses and the different editions of the game (standard, deluxe, collector). Either way, without microtransactions or multiplayer, it seems unlikely that an internet connection will be required to play Hogwarts Legacy. However, let us remain on our guard because the practice, on Xbox in particular, is probably more and more common to avoid hacking and abusive sharing of games.

My guess is it might be that way because of those time-delays for crafting things. My guess when I first saw that is that the game would offer microtransactions for people that don't want to wait for the timers to go down, and the times are probably hooked up to a specific WB server instead of your PSN clock. I can't be the only one that assumed this when seeing the trailer, am I?

Just watched the State of Play. As a person who read all the books and saw all the original HP movies years ago, but haven't played any games since the PS1 days, I was very impressed.

The first thing I noticed is attention to detail. Every location, every animation, all the creatures, plants, spells and other things make this game feel alive. Almost seems like every wall and corridor has something interesting to look at. 

The second thing I noticed is how much work the team put into this game. As mentioned above, the amount of detail is impressive, but they also implemented the day/night cycle and weather system. Not to mention customisation. There are tons of systems to play around with like spells, potions, creature interactions, even companions. There is even more than one way to fly around. And it seems like there is a lot to do in the game: battles, classes, exploration and puzzle solving. 

On top of that, the visuals are great. I didn't notice any issues regarding the game's graphics. Even when you're up in the sky.

One thing that didn't grab my interest right away is the story and characters. You're a new student with some special abilities and you're trying to solve some mystery and fight bad guys. Yeah, whatever. Same with the few characters they've shown. You'll probably need to spend a couple of hours to get invested into them.

Want to learn more about the gameplay loop and mission structure. 

But yeah. Looks good. I want to show this video reveal to my friend. She rarely plays games, but is a huge Harry Potter fan. It might impress her even more. This game is basically made for her.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Collector's Edition has been revealed

zbzPlr0.jpg

https://www.ebgames.com.au/product/ps5/287651-hogwarts-legacy-collectors-edition

Hogwarts Legacy full game

Life-size floating Ancient Magic Wand with Book Base

Steel case

Digital Dark Arts Pack

Thestral mount

Dark Arts cosmetic set

Dark Arts battle arena

Digital Onyx Hippogriff mount

Digital Dark Arts garrison hat

Digital Kelpie robe

72 hours early access

Edited by ziggypossum
unboxing
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Wish they would just have a steelbook edition. That thing's pretty!

Right? I seriously don't need the rest of the crap that's in the LE, and I just don't have the space for more junk. But I'd love a standalone of that stunning steelbook!

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 0:53 PM, ACTWD said:

I have always been as impatient as doubtful about this game. 
And this postponement, plus the fact that they are unable to announce a date for the switch, are not made to reassure me.

Not to be devil's advocate, but making larger games work on Switch without compromising it too much isn't always the easiest thing. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JavaNext said:

I dont think anybody posted this so here it is:

https://www.wizardingworld.com/legacyconnect

It's a website where you can get a couple of items for the game AND get sorted into a house, get your patronus and wand.

I got Slytherin, Black Mamba and a Yew Wand with a Unicorn core.

Pretty fun.

Mine Ravenclaw, Hornbeam wood wand dragonheart string and Horse patronus ?

Edited by zulqarmessi
  • Like 2