God of War: Ragnarök (November 9, 2022)

Ghost

6 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

wonder how hard itll be to order the Mjolnir edition or if itll succumb to the bullshit "online only". Last CE i got was Elden Ring and Forbidden West. Depending how the hammer looks i may get it, otherwise Standard is fine.

NOW.... 11/10/22.... i know some places go day,month,year, others month,day,year

which is this?

95% Australia is Day/Month/Year. You know common sense? Not like americans who have months first =)

And 11th Oct is a tuesday, big games usually release tuesdays or fridays. 10th of Nov would be a thursday which would be an odd release day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_and_time_notation_in_Australia

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

95% Australia is Day/Month/Year. You know common sense? Not like americans who have months first =)

And 11th Oct is a tuesday, big games usually release tuesdays or fridays. 10th of Nov would be a thursday which would be an odd release day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_and_time_notation_in_Australia

haha i have common sense i just too lazy to look up that stuff. But nintendos shit releases Thursdays quite often. Not sure why, but they do. 

Anyways this for October would be interesting. Such a packed Fall. Picking up 50+ games day 1 in the fall 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

haha i have common sense i just too lazy to look up that stuff. But nintendos shit releases Thursdays quite often. Not sure why, but they do. 

Anyways this for October would be interesting. Such a packed Fall. Picking up 50+ games day 1 in the fall 

Yeah Q4 is looking insane. Callisto, Forspoken, Plague Tale, Hogwarts, Overwatch 2, Pokemon, Scorn, CoD, potentially GoW.

Edited by Quink666

10 minutes ago, RoaringMdog18 said:

You sound absolutely insane. There is never a reason to harras devs in any way. You need to step away from the internet and reevaluate the way you see the world. 

I never said anything about harrassing anybody, I'm not doing anything to nobody

my comment is aimed at the people with crocodile tears posts in defence of multi dozen billion $ corporations using lies to market their products, you people who defend them are insane

I'm long done making excuses for Sony

all these devs at Sony have time to supposedly petition the higher ups for outside PlayStation home console ports of their games and personal politics activism on their work time, but no release date for the console gamers games in 18 months? how many outside PS home console ports did Sony announce this year? vs how many news about GOWR, Spiderman 2, Wolverine etc. ?

Edited by The Investigator
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, The Investigator said:

I never said anything about harrassing anybody, I'm not doing anything to nobody

my comment is aimed at the people with crocodile tears posts in defence of multi dozen billion $ corporations using lies to market their products, you people who defend them are insane

I'm long done making excuses for Sony

all these devs at Sony have time to supposedly petition the higher ups for outside PlayStation home console ports of their games and personal politics activism on their work time, but no release date for the console gamers games in 18 months? how many outside PS home console ports did Sony announce this year? vs how many news about GOWR, Spiderman 2, Wolverine etc. ?

Ah, i see exactly the type of person you are. Figured as much.

Anyway, hopefully they announce the date soon so people can leave the devs alone and get on with their lives. Kinda hope there's a smaller c.e that comes with just a steelbook or something. 

46 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Yeah Q4 is looking insane. Callisto, Forspoken, Plague Tale, Hogwarts, Overwatch 2, Pokemon, Scorn, CoD, potentially GoW.

i know some are Q3 but basically every week from July 31 to year end im getting a few things...everything im picking up from well, sep 1 to dec 31:

FIST steelbook, Soulstice, Last of Us part 1, LoH Trails to Zero, Forspoken, Plague Tale 2, Mario Rabbids 2, TMNT Cowabunga collection, Goat Simulator 3, NMH 3 PS5, Marvels Midnight Suns, Gotham Knights, Call of Duty MW2, Scorn(gamepass?), Hogwarts, Callisto, Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, Ys 9 ps5 version, Steelrising, Star Ocean 6, Gungrave GORE, Valkyrie Elysium, DioField, Sonic Frontiers, and of course God of War Ragnarok,

should it release this year via iam8bit: Stray ps5 physical. I also have about 10 or so releases from today until end of August...

Another im curious if it is coming this year is Crisis Core and Megaman Battle Network. Crisis Core is "this winter" i view dec as winter but i guess Dec to Mar really... so prob not.

but yah, i think should all this release plus whats come already, 2022 is one of the best years in gaming in a long long time.

29 minutes ago, RoaringMdog18 said:

Ah, i see exactly the type of person you are. Figured as much.

Anyway, hopefully they announce the date soon so people can leave the devs alone and get on with their lives. Kinda hope there's a smaller c.e that comes with just a steelbook or something. 

sounds like there will be two, one with a map and crap. one with a hammer.

but you're probably thinking a special edition like they did with Horizon and Last of Us 2. I wouldn't be surprised.  

As for release date, idc when we get news. Games only need 3month window for promotion if done right. If its out in October... give me news mid august.

• Like 1

Not surprised in the least to see how an awful minority are acting online towards devs. These weirdos are well past the point of needing to touch some grass. Not surprised to see some people defending it either. 

I can't see this getting pushed to 2023, I think it'll definitely land this year. That said, if it did get a slight delay into Q1 2023 it wouldn't be the end of the world. I'll never understand why some people cry over these things. Also excited to see what exactly the collectors edition contains as I'll probably try to go with that. I just hope it comes with a physical copy of the game unlike the Horizon Forbidden West CE. 

• Like 3

I don't have any problem if the game gets pushed to the first months of 2023. In fact, i thank that. If this delay serves to polish the game, way better. I can wait without any problem. Besides, i have a HUGE PS3 and PS4 backlog to keep me entretained. As for the pictures sent to devs: ¿WTF with some individuals?

Edited by Vampirehunter145
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

If I was one of the devs, I'd be declaring that for every threatening message received regarding the game, it'll delay it by another day. 100 threats? Gotta wait an extra 100 days for release now. But that's probably my British pettiness talking.

Anyhow, drama regarding Gamers2122.png being shitty to the devs aside... I'm very much looking forward to this game, which is kinda rare for me and triple A releases nowadays. Always enjoyed the God of War series though, and I liked the different but familiar direction they took with the 2018 game. I have enough games to keep me occupied until old age already anyway, so I'm in no rush to play it, I'd rather it be as polished as possible and the devs don't feel under pressure to rush and half-ass it to meet deadlines (which, they probably are regardless, and "fans" ain't helping that).

dont get me wrong, ive gotten mad at a game and cursed out dev teams, but they never heard me. I normally just call them idiots. But other than that, i fail to understand why people get mad when things get delayed. Not everything released will end up like 2077. Also every game ships with issues which is why its normally common to see a day 1 patch.

I think for many gamers, they werent around in the era youd have to almost go into a store to see a new game on a shelf. Its all this knowledge and hackers etc.

Everyone figures cause some insider douchebag had a "scoop" on june 30 for GoW news it must be accurate. Wouldnt shock me if Sony was like fuck this guy, we will wait till mid july for an update. 

I mean really, what difference does it make if it was announced today june 30, or august 30th for example. Its still before street date, its still going to be up for preorder, people will still be have to wait until the actual release date to play it.

I focus more on upcoming games by month. i preorder a ton. LOTS. But im only looking at my games i have coming to me in July now. Then ill look to august. im not "OMG CONFIRM RELEASE DATE CORY" like these idiots sending dick pics are like. They need to get lives.

Would be better if sony found all of their psn accounts and banned them all permanently. IP and everything 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TrophyChief said:

The gaming community surrounding this release right now embarrasses me as a gamer. Dick pics, hate, blame, wild conspiracy theories on why no release date yet flabbergasts me. We need to channel our passion elsewhere until then. Still looking forward to hearing more though. 

What the fuck is wrong with people?! All this over rumors. Fucking idiot “gamers” make us all look bad.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

based off how idiots treated the devs, i hope they purposely delay it. Just as a big FU

What have people done to the devs? I can’t find anything about it ?

Kinda scummy if ppl start messaging devs with heinous shit just because they need a release date.  I want a release date more than most, but I’ll at most check forums or news outlets for news and I don’t go tweeting the devs or Cory just because I can’t wait any longer ?

5 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

What have people done to the devs? I can’t find anything about it 1f61e.png

Kinda scummy if ppl start messaging devs with heinous shit just because they need a release date.  I want a release date more than most, but I’ll at most check forums or news outlets for news and I don’t go tweeting the devs or Cory just because I can’t wait any longer 1f600.png

sending dick pics etc. threats, calling Cory names. 

people seem to forget, it isnt always in the hands of the developers. Perhaps SONY has a final say, maybe they figured they have a upcoming state of play mid july, so save it until then. Seeing as if rumors were true, its release info was going to be a blog post lol.

And while i am hyped for Ragnarok, I'm more interested in Valkyrie Elysium. While not the greatest looking game, its a return to the franchise itself im excited about. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Infected Elite said:

sending dick pics etc. threats, calling Cory names. 

people seem to forget, it isnt always in the hands of the developers. Perhaps SONY has a final say, maybe they figured they have a upcoming state of play mid july, so save it until then. Seeing as if rumors were true, its release info was going to be a blog post lol.

And while i am hyped for Ragnarok, I'm more interested in Valkyrie Elysium. While not the greatest looking game, its a return to the franchise itself im excited about. 

Lol sending doc pics for release dates. Pretty sure that would never work, not even for Wesley Snipes. 

Gamers can sometime just take simple

things to far. At the end of the day it’s just a release date. I believe if it would be delayed they would have announced that delay by now. No matter when it release I know it’ll be amazing and worth the wait. 

• Like 1

Jesus. Come here anticipating a lovely read and chat about the up and coming release and there’s a bunch of kids arguing again.

Why does everything have to be a b*tching contest. Who knows the most, who’s played the most, who has better trophies.

I left primary school 23 years ago and it feels like I’m back there daily on this site!

7 hours ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

If I was one of the devs, I'd be declaring that for every threatening message received regarding the game, it'll delay it by another day. 100 threats? Gotta wait an extra 100 days for release now. But that's probably my British pettiness talking.

Anyhow, drama regarding Gamers™ being shitty to the devs aside... I'm very much looking forward to this game, which is kinda rare for me and triple A releases nowadays. Always enjoyed the God of War series though, and I liked the different but familiar direction they took with the 2018 game. I have enough games to keep me occupied until old age already anyway, so I'm in no rush to play it, I'd rather it be as polished as possible and the devs don't feel under pressure to rush and half-ass it to meet deadlines (which, they probably are regardless, and "fans" ain't helping that).

British and a parent by any chance? ? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

"If you kids don't settle down and behave, I'm going to turn this car around, and theyr'll be no Ragnarok for ANYONE!" 

Enr-Oy7-WEAU3p-YJ.jpg

This so bad! I’m probably old enough to be the majority of users mums and I just feel like scolding everybody on these forums all the time ?

Love this meme it’s awesome! ❤️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

"If you kids don't settle down and behave, I'm going to turn this car around, and theyr'll be no Ragnarok for ANYONE!" 

Enr-Oy7-WEAU3p-YJ.jpg

That's it, back to Olympus!!

Everytime I see a Ragnarok post I feel the urge to finish off the previous game....but it never happens.

• Like 2

the game will come when it does. Itll be day 1 for me but idc if it comes this year or somehow got delayed 2 years. its a game. One MOST of us will probably beat within a week and never touch again.

So all this arguing with people and devs for maybe a few days to a week worth of playtime? people are stupid fools

Jason Schreier

"After talking with more folks yesterday, I can definitively say that there was a release date/pre-order announcement planned for yesterday. It was bumped at some point last week. I don't know why. (Speculation is because of Roe v Wade.) Also, PlayStation has been trying to keep secrets so badly that most SSM employees weren't even told about it.

As of this week the game is still on track for November. People working on it say it's huge and seem to be pretty excited about it. Reminds me of the buzz I was hearing before the 2018 one."

https://www.resetera.com/threads/playstation-studios-ot29-please-be-excited-playstation-era-supports-reproductive-freedom-and-womens-rights.592356/page-267#post-89353170

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

whether its "Huge" remains to be seen. I dont want tons of slow plodding rowboat crap, and fairly linear pathing....