God of War: Ragnarök (November 9, 2022)

Ghost

I want that Cloth Map, shame it's in that massively priced set.

The original had hidden ciphers in one of the physical collectible maps I think and the community deciphered it find a secret message on how to get a strong item in game, was very cryptic.

Very curious to see if Ragnarok has something similar but guess I won't have chance to investigate myself ;(

If there is something similar in Ragnarok, I hope it doesn't take the community long to decipher it.

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

Was gonna get the Collector's Edition but yet again Sony has made the weird decision of not including a physical disc of the game just like with HFW. What's funnier is that the steelbook is locked to the Collector's Edition yet there's no purpose for the steelbook at all since there's no disc to put inside it. Are they that strapped for cash that they don't wanna bother making PS4 and PS5 discs of the game or something lol. So silly. Gonna stick with standard edition.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

Every post I’m interested in reading I have to sift through huge and petty arguments - most of which stem from certain people who think they’re better than others. I really dislike arrogant people. I really dislike patronising people too @AJ_Radio @enaysoft

Sorry I’d prefer people to get along. Sorry I’d prefer people to be humble and kind. Sorry I think it would be a much nicer place if people could share their love of something without ‘Youre shit and I’m better’ every other post. And sorry if it bothers you I point it out in the hope that people step back and think ‘yeah I am being pretty pathetic for a grown man’ (it’s always the men!) I witness similar behaviour from my toddlers. Apologies I thought adults used this site. 

Unfortunately, calling people out on their shitty behaviour often seems to make them double down. I've been pleasantly surprised in the past on these forums though with people actually apologising for saying unnecessary BS. Which is pretty rare on the internet in my experience. Best to just ignore the people trying to stir up shit most of the time though, they're often just seeking a reaction anyway, but I do appreciate seeing people pointing this out, as I think many of us have just become accustomed to it and just go with the flow, not really even bothering to question it any more, "that's just how it is" and all that. The internet could be a lot less of a hostile place if we all just treated each other like human beings, but it seems like a lot of people nowadays have main character syndrome and generally see strangers as unimportant NPCs.

Anyhow, back on topic: I'm actually surprised GoW is indeed releasing this November. I'm not sure if this was mentioned anywhere in the above posts, couldn't see it from what I skimmed, but I noticed this on the blog post:

"If you purchase the God of War Ragnarok standard edition for PlayStation 4, you can upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version for $10 USD (or currency equivalent)."

Just in case there's anyone like me that still primarily buys physical PS4 versions of games due to the free upgrade. That won't be the case with this one, much like Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut. I'll just be getting the PS5 version then.

• Like 3

Loved the first game. Skipping this one because I disagree with some choices made with the sequel, both creative and publishing. Not a classical dealbreaker but pretty much lowers Ragnarok low on the priority of games I gotta play.

At the rate of all the better stuff coming out, I'll probably never play Ragnarok.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

Loved the first game. Skipping this one because I disagree with some choices made with the sequel, both creative and publishing. Not a classical dealbreaker but pretty much lowers Ragnarok low on the priority of games I gotta play.

At the rate of all the better stuff coming out, I'll probably never play Ragnarok.

I don't get how you can love the first game, even with some disagreement then claim to probably never playing the sequel to that first game you overall loved.

Politics and agendas be scary.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

I don't get how you can love the first game, even with some disagreement then claim to probably never playing the sequel to that first game you overall loved.

Oh that's easy. Step one, is playing a game, enjoying it, loving it.

Step two is, deciding the sequel isn't for me with my limited time for gaming with all the better stuff to play.

Let me know if you need help with any of the words.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

Step two is, deciding the sequel isn't for me with my limited time for gaming with all the better stuff to play.

I didn't say it is easy or hard.

It is nonsense guided by daft reasoning. Also attention seeking as this decision to not play the game due to whatever "creative and publishing" matters you have in your head didn't come today, yet you need to jump on new news about a game you don't want just to whine more. Seems rather emotional and unbalanced.

A choice you are free to make.

No help from you needed. I like logic. You clearly do not. 

Edited by TJ_Solo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, majob said:

It's funny how SE announced the delay of Forespoken not long after. They clearly don't want to have a competing launch

LOL, as if Forspoken of all games had a realistic chance of competing with one of the most hyped and anticipated games of all time! I'm not saying this out of hate, I'm actually one of very few people who seems to be somewhat optimistic for Forspoken, despite my gut instinct, and everything I've seen of it so far telling me otherwise, but this clearly had nothing to do with clashing, and more to do with the game needing extra polish (God knows the combat could definitely do with it!). 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

Jesus fucking Christ Sony, what is with not including a fucking disc with your collector editions lately?!? Why bother including a steelbook with nothing to put in it ?

These companies are past the point of offering physical discs. That is why I advocate physical because these corporations can do a lot more with digital. 

Screwing the consumers more is basically the agenda. No point in me shelling out my hard earned money when they can’t bother to provide a disc for the Collectors Edition. 

7 hours ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

The internet could be a lot less of a hostile place if we all just treated each other like human beings, but it seems like a lot of people nowadays have main character syndrome and generally see strangers as unimportant NPCs.

It’s always been this way. I don’t know how people are only just now realizing this. 

The big difference is the “old” internet required brains to set up and there was a higher barrier of entry. Now everybody can just use their iPhone 13 Pro or Samsung device that gets 5G mobile service which is instantaneous. So there’s a lot more idiots on the internet. 

6 hours ago, Eraezr said:

This pretty much reflects how people felt about The Last of Us Part 2, although this is a lot less extreme. 

I absolutely love and adore the old God of War. I probably always will. But this isn’t the same game industry anymore. 

This will probably have 75 percent that is story, and 25 percent of actual gameplay. There was a lack of good enemies in God of War 2018 and I can imagine this is the same thing. 

It’s definitely not why I got into God of War in the first place. That feeling of excitement as a teenager playing God of War back in 2005 in the PS2 days, not much has come close to that. 

6 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

Politics and agendas be scary.

There’s definitely a lot more of this today than there was even 10 - 15 years ago. 

Instilling highly dramatic, cinematic experiences in games like this don’t exactly fill me with excitement.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

Jesus fucking Christ Sony, what is with not including a fucking disc with your collector editions lately?!? Why bother including a steelbook with nothing to put in it 1f644.png

yeah the did the same shit with Forbidden West. But this CE is meh to me. Its a fucking hammer. Can probably find cooler ones for cheaper lol.

But yeah, i don't like digital so with Horizon i bought the CE cause i can, and the disc. Don't think i will do the same here.

-------

So im not well versed in Norse mythology, or Greek etc. But a few sites have said wolf is Fenrir (makes sense), but here from IGN:

Father and Son, which shows off Kratos and Atreus fighting off multiple threats – including an absolutely enormous wolf. Incidentally, that wolf might well be Fenrir, who in Norse mythology is the son of Loki. If you've played the last game in the series, that's a... complicated idea.

So what IF. That "Father and Son" trailer is referring to Atreus and Fenrir? Not Kratos and Atreus? Also, in Norse mythology, Loki can change size and sex (insert sex joke here i guess), and even in MCU Loki could take forms of others so what if, WHAT IF, the real Villain isnt Odin. Its Loki, who actually killed Kratos Son and took his form, to try and lead Kratos on a Journey to Kill Odin for him and then he would in turn kill Kratos?

Edited by Infected Elite

15 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

Every post I’m interested in reading I have to sift through huge and petty arguments - most of which stem from certain people who think they’re better than others. I really dislike arrogant people. I really dislike patronising people too @AJ_Radio @enaysoft

Sorry I’d prefer people to get along. Sorry I’d prefer people to be humble and kind. Sorry I think it would be a much nicer place if people could share their love of something without ‘Youre shit and I’m better’ every other post. And sorry if it bothers you I point it out in the hope that people step back and think ‘yeah I am being pretty pathetic for a grown man’ (it’s always the men!) I witness similar behaviour from my toddlers. Apologies I thought adults used this site. 

in AJ case, he seems to want to hate on things he can't afford. Oh i dont like Sony, Jim Ryan, God of War is too cinematic now. Modern games are terrible.... like why is he still using Sony consoles then?Or he comments with rants all the time, hating the games etc. Anyways dont give them the time if they bother you.

Do you play games? yes. Enjoy them? yes. Thats all that matters. Who cares if you're good bad or average at gaming. You do what makes you feel accomplished. 

Try to enjoy the site as best you can. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Infected Elite said:

in AJ case, he seems to want to hate on things he can't afford. Oh i dont like Sony, Jim Ryan, God of War is too cinematic now. Modern games are terrible.... like why is he still using Sony consoles then?Or he comments with rants all the time, hating the games etc. Anyways dont give them the time if they bother you.

Do you play games? yes. Enjoy them? yes. Thats all that matters. Who cares if you're good bad or average at gaming. You do what makes you feel accomplished. 

Try to enjoy the site as best you can. 

I know, I think it is unhealthy for him to keep hating on Sony. Don't you think so too?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Alantor32 said:

I know, I think it is unhealthy for him to keep hating on Sony. Don't you think so too?

Yeah, its almost like a sick obsession with them. Like i have all consoles, i do like sony more than the others but at the end of the day its the games that matter and i am able to play whatever. I'm not going to hate gaming because they move with the times. If people wanted more old style gaming, the numbers would be different. These big AAA titles wouldnt sell well at all. Thats clearly not the case. But one thing ive learned in life, men lie, women lie, numbers don't. So as long as games sell big, who cares if one kid doesn't play it. I doubt big companies care that much. They have a number to hit. Thats it. 

All i know, is I'm excited for Ragnarok. Luckily i have plenty to play leading up to it with many huge releases. So ill be busy anyway. Time will fly.

Edited by Infected Elite

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

I absolutely love and adore the old God of War. I probably always will. But this isn’t the same game industry anymore.

It is the same, it’s still just commercially-minded developers/publishers making games for the mainstream audience.

In the PS2 days everything was “to the max!” and bombastic (MTV/Jackass/South Park/X Games etc) and the heroes du jour for kids back then were loud and confident types like rockstars, Jack Sparrow and wrestlers (The Rock, John Cena) etc so the OG God of War games leaned into those tastes for sales. Now kids are all Greta Thunberg-lite neo-cucks regurgitating high-concept talking points they see made by activists and other influencers (LGBTQ+ types, Q-anon, crypto bros, female soccer players, Minecraft streamers who will still be trying to sleep with 14/15-year-olds well into their 40s) hence the 2018 God of War being what that game is.

Both are mindless drivel to be consumed by zeitgeist teens, it’s just differing generations of zeitgeist teens.

Edited by Tsundokuist