God of War: Ragnarök (November 9, 2022)

Ghost

1 hour ago, Tsundokuist said:

It is the same, it’s still just commercially-minded developers/publishers making games for the mainstream audience.

In the PS2 days everything was “to the max!” and bombastic (MTV/Jackass/South Park/X Games etc) and the heroes du jour for kids back then were loud and confident types like rockstars, Jack Sparrow and wrestlers (The Rock, John Cena) etc so the OG God of War games leaned into those tastes for sales. Now kids are all Greta Thunberg-lite neo-cucks regurgitating high-concept talking points they see made by activists and other influencers (LGBTQ+ types, Q-anon, crypto bros, female soccer players, Minecraft streamers who will still be trying to sleep with 14/15-year-olds well into their 40s) hence the 2018 God of War being what that game is.

Both are mindless drivel to be consumed by zeitgeist teens, it’s just differing generations of zeitgeist teens.

The PS2 generation was better. If that sounds too

close minded, nostalgic and stuck in the past, I’m just being honest. 

We all think our youths were better in contrast to other generations, unless you had a bad upbringing.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

It's called the Ragnacök Edition

You my friend have have won the Internet today lol.

[edit] No idea why my posts didn't merge. Sorry for double post

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DaivRules said:

That's close-minded, even for you.

Or we appreciate that every year brings more options, and our past experiences can be good while our present experience can also be good.

You've clearly chosen to reject anything can match your nostalgia and will ensure that remains the case for your foreseeable future.

Putting Nostalgia aside, it's economically proven that opportunity for young people is at record lows. The current generation have had to go through a pandemic, various world economic crisis and now high inflation. At this point it's probably therapeutic for you to just bash on AJRadio everytime he brings up the past in a particular thread. However having grown up in recent days and watched stuff slowly going down here, he's not wrong about a lot of things is he?

There are indeed more opportunities each year but the amount of things that have been taken away, from all of us, some of us are too young to even notice and therefore haven't known anything better. There are a lot less "experiences" now that have been closed away since the 90s and even as far as 5 years ago.

Anyway, I'm surprised people are just getting on their soap boxes and whining about "The Toxic Community", a collectors edition that is a physical thing in the real world, that doesn't even include the fucking game. How is that even a thing? These are such low standards that I am surprised that 100% of people aren't annoyed about that.

For me personally, God Of War 3 was peak God Of War. Don't think that game will ever be topped.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Putting Nostalgia aside, it's economically proven that opportunity for young people is at record lows. The current generation have had to go through a pandemic, various world economic crisis and now high inflation. At this point it's probably therapeutic for you to just bash on AJRadio everytime he brings up the past in a particular thread. However having grown up in recent days and watched stuff slowly going down here, he's not wrong about a lot of things is he?

Yeah, and my generation complained, our parents, theirs, etc. Its common. But learn to adapt and make the best of a situation you can. Sitting and moaning about it does nothing. 

There are indeed more opportunities each year but the amount of things that have been taken away, from all of us, some of us are too young to even notice and therefore haven't known anything better. There are a lot less "experiences" now that have been closed away since the 90s and even as far as 5 years ago.

Eh yes and no. Not saying you do,as im sure you work full time, but a lot of kids and people aged 22 and below seem to want everything handed to them on a silver platter without putting in the work. Or they lack ANY required skills for a job. Not every company wants newbies, its easier to train anyone with some knowledge versus someone with no knowledge. Kids these days need to put in more effort.

A collectors edition that is a physical thing in the real world, that doesn't even include the fucking game. How is that even a thing? These are such low standards that I am surprised that 100% of people aren't annoyed about that.

I mean, it sucks but how else do they get people both versions of the game? a voucher. If i wanted i could just get the collectors and get the physical copy for shelf purposes. I don't care. I did it with Forbidden West. I'm just unsure of the price point for this hammer.

For me personally, God Of War 3 was peak God Of War. Don't think that game will ever be topped.

Hype wise maybe, as it felt like the biggest event in years. Shame its a short game.

Anyways, yeah im hyped, but again and i stand by it, i hope Kratos dies at the end.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

he's not wrong about a lot of things is he?

He's not. This generation's pretty fucked on a lot of things. As you said, one pandemic, two economic recessions since 2010 (one of them being worse than the 1920s Great Depression). The list goes on. A lot of this is anaesthetised by the informational bloating which comes with social media/smartphones which limits cognitive awareness.

The other anaesthetic is "consooomerism", which fosters this thing called "toxic positivity" https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-toxic-positivity-5093958 

- and allows concession for corporations on cutting corners while trying to charge more.

There are a lot of negatives in today's gaming industry, yes but I believe there is also good left. Enough that I am still a gamer and enjoying things.

Edited by Eraezr
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

All i know, is I'm excited for Ragnarok. Luckily i have plenty to play leading up to it with many huge releases. So ill be busy anyway. Time will fly.

There’s so many cool games being released soon. My list will be less cool than yours ? but as you say lots to keep us busy before then. 

Think the parent in me won’t tolerate whinging about release dates. It’s ready when it’s ready!!!! 

Recently it’s been all the posts I want information about I have to sit reading these crappy arguments and they’re always the same. Most of the month i let it go over my head. But there’s this one week where everyone is in danger of aggravating me. PMS is real when you get to be an old bird. I’ve had a brownie now and calmed down. See you next month guys ✌?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

There’s so many cool games being released soon. My list will be less cool than yours ? but as you say lots to keep us busy before then. 

Think the parent in me won’t tolerate whinging about release dates. It’s ready when it’s ready!!!! 

Recently it’s been all the posts I want information about I have to sit reading these crappy arguments and they’re always the same. Most of the month i let it go over my head. But there’s this one week where everyone is in danger of aggravating me. PMS is real when you get to be an old bird. I’ve had a brownie now and calmed down. See you next month guys 270c-1f3fc.png

haha yeaaaa i have like 40 or so games im buying before GoW :P But yeah, games get delayed, its nothing new. Hell, Ragnarok release isnt even set in stone. It can still get delayed. First game did by 1 month lol.

ahh that week... haha 

see ya next month lol

13 hours ago, Tsundokuist said:

Now kids are all Greta Thunberg-lite neo-cucks regurgitating high-concept talking points they see made by activists and other influencers (LGBTQ+ types, Q-anon, crypto bros, female soccer players, Minecraft streamers who will still be trying to sleep with 14/15-year-olds well into their 40s) hence the 2018 God of War being what that game is.

Both are mindless drivel to be consumed by zeitgeist teens, it’s just differing generations of zeitgeist teens.

lol. I always wondered why GoW 2018 felt so "Greta Thunberg-lite neo-cucks, LGBTQ+ types, Q-anon, crypto bros, female soccer players, Minecraft streamers who will still be trying to sleep with 14/15-year-olds well into their 40s" -like. Now I understand what went wrong with that game. I cannot wait for your in-depth review of GoW Ragnarök.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

I mean, it sucks but how else do they get people both versions of the game? a voucher. 

Simple. You include the PS5 or PS4 version on disc, and the other via code. Gran Turismo 7 25th Anniversary Edition did this. You got the PS5 disc and the PS4 version via code. That was a €100 game. These GoW collector editions will likely retail for between €200-300 and don't contain any disc. Horizon Forbidden West the same situation. It's a fucking disgrace and I will never not give Sony shit for doing it. People shouldn't be forced to spend an extra €70 just to have a physical copy to go alongside their very expensive collectors edition. It's just another attempt to force us consumers into an all digital future, whilst saving pennies at the same time. It's a fucking scum move and I'm legit pissed off about it. And before anyone jumps at me, no, I'm not a Sony hater. I rarely give them shit but I fully believe in being critical when it's deserved.

I still laugh my ass off when I think back on the Red Dead Redemption II collectors edition that didn't include the game at all. I wonder how long it'll take Sony to realise they're missing a trick to save even more money, and follow Rockstar in doing something similar going forward ??

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

Simple. You include the PS5 or PS4 version on disc, and the other via code. Gran Turismo 7 25th Anniversary Edition did this. You got the PS5 disc and the PS4 version via code. That was a €100 game. These GoW collector editions will likely retail for between €200-300 and don't contain any disc. Horizon Forbidden West the same situation. It's a fucking disgrace and I will never not give Sony shit for doing it. People shouldn't be forced to spend an extra €70 just to have a physical copy to go alongside their very expensive collectors edition. It's just another attempt to force us consumers into an all digital future, whilst saving pennies at the same time. It's a fucking scum move and I'm legit pissed off about it. And before anyone jumps at me, no, I'm not a Sony hater. I rarely give them shit but I fully believe in being critical when it's deserved.

I'm not calling you a Sony hater. Knowing me ill get the CE and then a physical just to put on the shelf. I do get what you mean with the codes though. Also a more common trend ive noticed is Deluxe versions of games not being physical anymore. Although i know partly why. You buy a used game, its cheaper to buy the standard used than the deluxe with used codes. 

But back to the code thing, WWE2K22 in all its shittiness, i bought Deluxe on ps5. Had no idea it gave me digital ps4 version. Anyways i got it refunded after playing a few days, getting season pass etc. But i still have a ps4 version available to download, no disc needed.

So yeah, i get that. But at the same end, they'd need to have a ps5 copy with digital ps4, or just physical ps4 copy with ps5 upgrade. Either works but some get picky i suppose.

Personally im against all digital future. Rarely much goes on sale digital that stays (ex they still list 79.99CDN)vs retail (not that it matters. i often pay for games as soon as theyre available for order) which can often drop in price by 20-40$ or more within a month or two depending. 

The thing is, at the end of the day its cheaper to include a digital code on a printed card than produce another set of disc's/cases etc. 

But ill prob get both anyway. I don't care really, i get it. I'm just hoping its not as pricey as Forbidden West Ragalla was.

9 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

I still laugh my ass off when I think back on the Red Dead Redemption II collectors edition that didn't include the game at all. I wonder how long it'll take Sony to realise they're missing a trick to save even more money, and follow Rockstar in doing something similar going forward 1f914.png1f644.png

Yeah, but thats not necessarily on Sony. May be rockstar. Remember Battlefield 1 did the same shit. It's going to stay common.

But yeah i miss physical deluxe games lol. I also dont plan to double dip on games often (play ps5 and ps4 version) so often getting digital is pointless to me

58 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

Ah my list isn’t that big ? but it’s definitely going to keep me busy for a while. How are you waiting on 40 games 1f648.png

Waiting on all these

Omori (July 22)

Live A Live (July 22)

Digimon Survive (July 29)

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (July 29)

Thymesia (Aug 9)

Saints Row (Aug 23)

Soul Hackers 2 (Aug 26)

Dusk Diver 2 (Aug 30)

NIS Collection Vol 3 (Aug 30)

Destroy All Humans 2 (Aug 30)

The Last of Us part 1 (Sep 2)

F.I.S.T. *steelbook/amazon* (Sep 6)

Steelrising (Sep 8)

Evil West (Sep 20)

Soulstice (Sep 20)

LoH: Trails to Zero (Sep 27)

No More Heroes 3 PS5 (oct 6)

Marvels Midnight Suns (Oct 7)

Plague Tale: Requiem (Oct 18)

Mario Rabbids 2 (Oct 20)

Gotham Knights Deluxe (Oct25)

Star Ocean 6 (Oct 27)

Call of Duty MW2 (Oct 28)

Goat Simulator 3 (Nov 11)

PKMN Scar/Vio Dbl(Nov18) 

The Callisto Protocol (Dec 2) 

Hogwarts Legacy (TBA)

Gungrave GORE (TBA)

Ys 9 (ps5 version) (TBA)

TMNT Cowabunga collection (TBA)

FF7 Crisis Core (TBA WINTER)

then when avail to preorder:

Valkyrie Elysium (sep 29)

God of War Ragnarok standard PS5 (nov 9)

God of War Ragnarok Collectors Edition 

Bayonetta 3 (TBA 2022)

Also Forspoken got delayed originally set for Oct 11.

so close to 40. At least this year. Still no word on what Nintendo will add.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

so close to 40. At least this year. Still no word on what Nintendo will add.

Jeez ? you’re gonna be busy for years!

My list is pathetic in comparison.

The last of us

Hogwarts

Two point campus 

Sonic

God of war 

and I’m sure there were two more but can’t remember now. I must organise myself like you!

I haven’t completed the destroy all humans game I started. Must do that. I’m trying to clean up my backlog and not buy games. But I will be picking those up when they release.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

It’s always been this way. I don’t know how people are only just now realizing this. 

The big difference is the “old” internet required brains to set up and there was a higher barrier of entry. Now everybody can just use their iPhone 13 Pro or Samsung device that gets 5G mobile service which is instantaneous. So there’s a lot more idiots on the internet. 

I don't think people are "just now realizing this", it's more a case of questioning "why do things HAVE to be this way?" Just because you're used a broken step on a staircase and have gotten used to having to accommodate for it, making sure you take a larger step than usual, it doesn't mean the step has to remain broken and can't be repaired. Maybe that's a poor analogy, but my point is, just because something has "always been" a certain way, doesn't mean it has to remain that way and never be questioned and/or improved upon.

Are you really gatekeeping the internet here...? Considering my technically illiterate (I'm talking STILL having issues navigating touch screens and sending emails to this day) parents figured out dial-up internet pretty easily, I'm not even sure how true that is...

November, huh? That means I'll have to wait until April 2023 to meet my self-imposed six-months-rule. I don't trust any publisher to release finished products anymore. This train has long departed. Plus, I'll never ever pay 70 bucks for a video game. I'll have to eat, too.

32 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

Jeez ? you’re gonna be busy for years!

My list is pathetic in comparison.

The last of us

Hogwarts

Two point campus 

Sonic

God of war 

and I’m sure there were two more but can’t remember now. I must organise myself like you!

I haven’t completed the destroy all humans game I started. Must do that. I’m trying to clean up my backlog and not buy games. But I will be picking those up when they release.

yea im pretty organized. i may skip Marvel Suns and Gotham depending on reception to them. Forgot about Sonic!!!

Also last of us, Hogwarts and Ragnarok will keep you plenty busy! :)

• Like 1