God of War: Ragnarök (November 9, 2022)

Ghost

Someone has already translated the runes shown on the God of War Ragnarok collector's edition steelbook and map.

When God of War launched back in 2018, it featured a steelbook edition with runes on the back that could be translated to reveal a secret message:

"This is the story of a bear and a wolf, who wandered the realms nine to fulfill a promise of one before; they walk the twilight path, destined to discower (discover) the truth that is to come."

Redditor SilentMoss24 translated the message on the steelbook and it reads,

"Twilight Beckons. The Bear and Wolf travel the realms nine hoping to stop that which seems inevitable. Their bond will be tested, yet they must hold together for the good of all".

The collector's edition also contains a map of the Nine Realms charted by Brok and Sindri. This map also has runes on it telling a story, this time giving some more detail on Brok and Sindri.

"For Brok And Sindri and their ambitions to become the world's greatest blacksmiths, training in their dwarven home realm was only the beginning of their path. Sure they created wonders like Draupnir and the Cloak of Feathers, but true genius requires a broad education. They sought it out in all nine realms as well as the space in between the great world tree Iggdrasil, besting their previous creations with the hammer Mjolnir and the great Leviathan axe. None save the gods have been able to chart our strange geography but among mortals few can boast the expertise enjoyed by the Huldra brothers whose ability to navigate and traverse the realms rivals  even that of Odin Allfather."

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Someone has already translated the runes shown on the God of War Ragnarok collector's edition steelbook and map.

When God of War launched back in 2018, it featured a steelbook edition with runes on the back that could be translated to reveal a secret message:

"This is the story of a bear and a wolf, who wandered the realms nine to fulfill a promise of one before; they walk the twilight path, destined to discower (discover) the truth that is to come."

Redditor SilentMoss24 translated the message on the steelbook and it reads,

"Twilight Beckons. The Bear and Wolf travel the realms nine hoping to stop that which seems inevitable. Their bond will be tested, yet they must hold together for the good of all".

The collector's edition also contains a map of the Nine Realms charted by Brok and Sindri. This map also has runes on it telling a story, this time giving some more detail on Brok and Sindri.

"For Brok And Sindri and their ambitions to become the world's greatest blacksmiths, training in their dwarven home realm was only the beginning of their path. Sure they created wonders like Draupnir and the Cloak of Feathers, but true genius requires a broad education. They sought it out in all nine realms as well as the space in between the great world tree Iggdrasil, besting their previous creations with the hammer Mjolnir and the great Leviathan axe. None save the gods have been able to chart our strange geography but among mortals few can boast the expertise enjoyed by the Huldra brothers whose ability to navigate and traverse the realms rivals  even that of Odin Allfather."

Interesting. I'm assuming the bear symbolizes Kratos. The wolf is Atreus (Loki), of course.

• Like 2

I’ve looked at a few more videos. Hopefully we can get more actual fight sequences this time around. 

Too much story and walking in God of War 2018, even though I still give the game a 8 out of 10.

Edited by AJ_Radio
Grammar

On 06/07/2022 at 2:43 PM, AJ_Radio said:

I absolutely love and adore the old God of War. I probably always will. But this isn’t the same game industry anymore. 

This will probably have 75 percent that is story, and 25 percent of actual gameplay. There was a lack of good enemies in God of War 2018 and I can imagine this is the same thing. 

It’s definitely not why I got into God of War in the first place. That feeling of excitement as a teenager playing God of War back in 2005 in the PS2 days, not much has come close to that. 

Instilling highly dramatic, cinematic experiences in games like this don’t exactly fill me with excitement.

So you dont like cinematic experiences and it sounds like the God of War 2018 game wasnt exciting enough to you.

19 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I’ve looked at a few more videos. Hopefully we can get more actual fight sequences this time around. 

Too much story and walking in God of War 2018, even though I still give the game a 8 out of 10.

Here you are saying the game had too much walking and story for you but you gave it 8/10? for a game you've never really said anything good about.

So do you like it or not? 

• Like 2

On 7/7/2022 at 1:12 AM, DaivRules said:

That's close-minded, even for you.

Or we appreciate that every year brings more options, and our past experiences can be good while our present experience can also be good.

You've clearly chosen to reject anything can match your nostalgia and will ensure that remains the case for your foreseeable future.

I look at our reality. What young people are having to go thru right now, things are looking pretty bleak for the foreseeable future.

On 7/7/2022 at 2:42 PM, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

I don't think people are "just now realizing this", it's more a case of questioning "why do things HAVE to be this way?" Just because you're used a broken step on a staircase and have gotten used to having to accommodate for it, making sure you take a larger step than usual, it doesn't mean the step has to remain broken and can't be repaired. Maybe that's a poor analogy, but my point is, just because something has "always been" a certain way, doesn't mean it has to remain that way and never be questioned and/or improved upon.

Are you really gatekeeping the internet here...? Considering my technically illiterate (I'm talking STILL having issues navigating touch screens and sending emails to this day) parents figured out dial-up internet pretty easily, I'm not even sure how true that is...

I was on the internet back in the late 1990s. Different era, different generation. You had to use a Windows 95/98 computer and that dial-up connection had to be hooked up directly to it.

Most guys using it back then were dudes working in the tech field. Computer nerds, network engineers and so forth. Your average joe wasn't on the internet. But since the bar has been set so low for entry, everybody and their grandma can start some swear campaign on Twitter. Then hordes of nobody 20-something-year-olds who never did anything in their lives can join in on the frenzy. That's how you create echo chambers on platforms. Boost the signal on their side, and anybody who doesn't agree gets canceled.

It infuriates me to no end. I only use this website (PSNP) and YouTube for social media. I don't bother with anything else. Too many chuckleheads and ingrates for me to waste my time with. I still get salty comments on a daily basis on YouTube, but those people are generally gone by the next day I go on there.

I shouldn't have to reconfirm my position when it comes to video games and especially trophies. But here we are.

On 7/7/2022 at 1:46 PM, The Alchemist said:

People shouldn't be forced to spend an extra €70 just to have a physical copy to go alongside their very expensive collectors edition. It's just another attempt to force us consumers into an all digital future, whilst saving pennies at the same time. It's a fucking scum move and I'm legit pissed off about it. And before anyone jumps at me, no, I'm not a Sony hater. I rarely give them shit but I fully believe in being critical when it's deserved.

Physical isn't as profitable as digital. But the all digital future is unstable and I've yet to see any tried and true systems on it. Ultimately though, it's these companies wanting more control over us.

God of War Ragnarok's Collectors Edition absolutely deserves to have a physical disc with it.

Edited by Stevieboy

that new promo art is interesting, it focuses on Freya specifically attacking Kratos and kinda ignoring Atreus, so this is more than just a moment like the one in the trailer and something that will happen constantly in the game? she kinda had a stepmother feel with Atreus in the 2018 game, I wonder if this is going to be a conflict in the game where Freya and Atreus will hesitate to fight for real but Atreus will be stuck in the middle in between Kratos vs Freya, I'm not convinced that Kratos is going all out on her either, he could easily kill her if he wanted to, maybe both Kratos and Atreus hope that she wll eventually calm down

Edited by The Investigator

As a Gen Z® Ambassador the last two pages are just ridiculous?. I loved GOW II back when I played it and I can't wait to play this game. I want to know if Atreus finally becomes the new main character and ends up travelling to Egypt and other mithologies, like they teased in the last game.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Jeanoltt said:

As a Gen Z00ae.png Ambassador the last two pages are just ridiculous1f602.png. I loved GOW II back when I played it and I can't wait to play this game. I want to know if Atreus finally becomes the new main character and ends up travelling to Egypt and other mithologies, like they teased in the last game.

I think real atreus died, Loki shapeshifted (Norse Loki can do that), to take form of Atreus, confuse Kratos, and lead him to try to kill Odin and then he kill Kratos.

Trailer was called "Father and Son".... Fenrir is son of Loki.... i think there's more to that 30 second trailer than most think. 

• Like 2

On 7/7/2022 at 7:24 PM, Infected Elite said:

Here you are saying the game had too much walking and story for you but you gave it 8/10? for a game you've never really said anything good about.

So do you like it or not? 

I don’t like it as much as I like the old God of War. 

There was barely any music that was memorable. Enemies were recycled. It’s version of ‘Challenge of the Gods’ was a joke. A melodramatic story that falls much closer to a cinematic Hollywood movie than a video game. 

I wouldn’t even think to replay God of War 2018 several times over. 

23 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

In fairness, the whole God of War saga began with Emo-Kratos saying “The Gods of Olympus have abandoned me” and trying to commit suicide by jumping off a cliff.

I think the “melodrama” gun was fired right from the start 1f602.png

That's just one segment. The entire tone was different.

There's far more of a focus on story in God of War 2018 and it is definitely reminiscent of HBO blockbuster series like Game of Thrones. In the old God of War, while the story was indeed Kratos being an anti hero (he slaughtered his family only to be betrayed by Ares), it was told in a different tone, and anybody who played PS2 games back in the day knows this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PortaLuna said:

Do you get access to the PS4 theme and avatars now?

Unfortunately, no. Will have to wait until release date. You can start downloading on November 2.

Edited by Ghost
spelling
  • Like 1

Higher res img of the Digital Deluxe for anyone interested:

eO5TQTf.jpg

Upscaled, ultrawide version (thanks to Reddit user: Cgb591rocks)
https://postimg.cc/R62JZtbb

Artbook cover

Spoiler

r90tvpqmjpb91.jpg

Art director, Raf Grasseti, started answering questions about the game on his Instagram.

meznnp96gya91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Edited by Ghost

On 10.07.2022 at 11:28 AM, AJ_Radio said:

I don’t like it as much as I like the old God of War. 

There was barely any music that was memorable. Enemies were recycled. It’s version of ‘Challenge of the Gods’ was a joke. A melodramatic story that falls much closer to a cinematic Hollywood movie than a video game. 

I wouldn’t even think to replay God of War 2018 several times over. 

Agree with you. About music the best one from the game is Memories of mother I think