God of War: Ragnarök (November 9, 2022)

Ghost

47 minutes ago, pursuitdiablosv said:

PowerPyx just released the trophy list with descriptions: https://www.powerpyx.com/god-of-war-ragnarok-trophy-list-revealed/

Nice. Looking pretty much as expected at this point. ?

There are no difficulty-related trophies, meaning you can do everything on the easiest difficulty. The list looks mostly completion-based with a mix of story trophies, side quests, and collectibles. Overall very similar to the last God of War game. Shouldn’t be a hard platinum.

A quick skim through and most of them look really straightforward with lots that look story/quest related and probably unmissable. If anything the list is possibly a little more grindy than anything else, as there are quite a few collectible based trophies in there.

A few trophies at the bottom caught my eye as potentially being the most challenging ones:

- Trials by Fire trophy
Complete the Trials of Muspelheim

- Ragnarök trophy
Battle the [Hidden]

- Grave Mistake trophy
Battle [Hidden]

- The True Queen trophy
Battle [Hidden]

There are a handful of battle trophies spread throughout the list, but with these ones being Gold trophies I wonder if they are tied to some kind of end game challenge style fights similar to the Valkyries & Valkyrie Queen from the first game. And who knows what the Trials of Muspelheim are.

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Guys, take it to a PM if you want to keep arguing and stop derailing the thread. I'm going to unlock it now, and if I see anymore bullshit, I'm going to just start handing out warnings and be done with it.

But isn’t this a broad thread about GoW Ragnarok and the thoughts on the first one kinda go hand in hand. So it isn’t really derailing the thread is it? Just genuinely curious why it isn’t allowed?

6 minutes ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

But isn’t this a broad thread about GoW Ragnarok and the thoughts on the first one kinda go hand in hand. So it isn’t really derailing the thread is it? Just genuinely curious why it isn’t allowed?

You probably missed a lot more than just comparing the two games. Lots of trolling and insults was being flung back and forth. I want none of that here.

Just now, wackt1 said:

Here's hoping he lands in the Aztec realms next few games

Maybe, depends how definitive this ending feels. I don't want a 5 year wait for whats next. If they're continuing the series they better have it already mapped out and starting drawing board for it

Just now, nickr_ said:

Do we know if there's a ng+ mode included at release?

I think there is.

3 hours ago, nickr_ said:

Do we know if there's a ng+ mode included at release?

Nope when you finish the main story you can continue to finish challenge collectibles and side quests but there isn’t ng+ for now

Edited by Rufy21050

Looks like a pretty accessible trophy list per usual which means it's probably not going to be that difficult at all. 

Although those end game challenge boss fights have me intrigued if they're anything on par with the Valkyrie Queen in the first game. I have a sneaking suspicion that they won't be though.

4 minutes ago, Neef-GT5 said:

Maybe a future add-on? As long as Santa Monica spares us the Horizon-like, crappy DLC trophy list for it it should be fine…

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that there won't be any added trophies post-launch whatsoever, much like was the case with the 2018 game.

Edited by Zephrese

1 hour ago, Zephrese said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that there won't be any added trophies post-launch whatsoever, much like was the case with the 2018 game.

Gonna guess this, too. They'll very likely add NG+ and history implies that they won't add in a new trophy for it (but it is a definitely possibility they will).

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

EDIT: never mind. Wasn't scripted. The 'hold' accessibility change for repeated button mashes doesn't always work so be careful. It's a known issue in other areas of the game according to patch notes but they didn't address the one in this boss fight. I've changed it back to 'tap' which I'm not happy about as 'tap' hurts my hand. Shame, really. Ruined an otherwise good boss fight.

Edited by Vault-TecPhantom