God of War: Ragnarök (November 9, 2022)

Ghost

A bit lame that it's also releasing on ps4 but I'm not too bothered. Would of been great to see them take full advantage of the new hardware and go all out but i highly doubt its possible with last gen hardware. While the recent cross gen exclusives have been great, I think that returnal has been the best showcase of what the ps5 is capable of when created for exclusively and ratchet an clank rift apart seems like it's shaping up to be another great example as well. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk

On the topic of limitations and regarding Horizon Forbidden West, creative director Mathijs de Jonge disagrees.

“I don’t think the cross-generation development was limiting in any way,” he told Singapore News Live. “When we started with the concept of this game, we had so many great ideas that ended up being included – to the point that we didn’t really think about hardware limitations or anything, we just wanted to design a really nice, unique experience for the player. An awesome adventure.”

He continued: “That’s how we also brainstormed all the quests and events the player is going to go through. I think that the big delta between these two consoles – apart from the 3D audio, quick loading, and DualSense, of course – is on the graphical side of things. On the PS5, we can add so much more detail graphically. We can see the tiny hairs on Aloy’s face, for example. You can also see a ton of detail from far away.”

De Jonge added that there are some outrageous visual effects that will be present only in the PS5 version, including the existence of moss on rocks. “Each individual strand of moss is rendered individually,” he exclaimed. “So, this machine is so powerful, and it can add so much more detail to the image. I think that’s one of the biggest deltas, next to the processing power of the machine. We also use it for a specific lighting rig. This is a cinematic lighting rig that we normally only have time to use in cinematics. Because the PS5 is so much more powerful, we have it on all the time. During gameplay, there’s a very high-quality rendering and lighting system on a lot. So there are all these extra features that make the game look even better.”

Source: Push Square

56 minutes ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

This is no different than what happned when the PS4 launched and we had games well into it's first year or so than came to both the PS4 and PS3.

it's very different, PS4 first two years we had Sony 1st party and 2nd party exclusives and 3rd party multiplatforms that were next gen, Killzone, Knack, Infamous, Driveclub, The Order, Until Dawn, Bloodborne, AC Unity, Batman Arkham Knight, Witcher 3, and more, huge releases, what do we have for PS5 so far? Ratchet, Demon's Souls a PS3 game remade, Returnal and what exactly for the next year and half that is next gen only?

• Like 1

On 6/3/2021 at 3:43 PM, LastMinuteSavior said:

I truly understand people wanting games that take full advantage of their new hardware but man...

...some of this PS5 owners really sound like elitist jerks.

I'm totally fine with games coming out on the PS5 and the PS4, but when you have people out there basically saying "haha, I told you the PS5 was a waste of money, glad I'm sticking with the PS4"... it's tough to be really happy it's working out so well for them.

Just now, Dreakon13 said:

I'm totally fine with games coming out on the PS5 and the PS4, but when you have people out there basically saying "haha, I told you the PS5 was a waste of money, glad I'm sticking with the PS4"... it's tough to be really happy it's working out so well for them.

You don’t have to be happy for them. You don’t have to and shouldn’t give pretentious morons like that any thought at all. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

You don’t have to be happy for them. You don’t have to and shouldn’t give pretentious morons like that any thought at all. 

Fair.

But I'm also okay with it not working out for them lol.  With an added bonus of the games being better.

Edited by Dreakon13

• 3 weeks later...

Well that'd be ok, but how much have they really changed gameplay wise from GoW 2018 to GoW 2022. Weapons maybe, some combat or camera?"i think it'll largely be the same as 2018 in terms of gameplay etc. just with a fresher look.

Guess we will find out July 8th

Edited by Infected Elite

15 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Well that'd be ok, but how much have they really changed gameplay wise from GoW 2018 to GoW 2022. Weapons maybe, some combat or camera?"i think it'll largely be the same as 2018 in terms of gameplay etc. just with a fresher look.

Guess we will find out July 8th

I hope so. Better graphics and improved mechanics, but overall the same, or at least similar, gameplay. Thats what everybody wants I think

I think the biggest appeal of Ragnarok will be the continuation of the story of Kratos and Atreus (who I expect to have aged a bit) and seeing more how their relationship unfolds and how Atreus is coming along as a warrior, more so than them focusing on overhauling the gameplay. Not much to fix when it worked so well the first time around. 

**Mild Spoiler for the end of the first game**

Spoiler

I expect the game to open with a tremendous Kratos vs. Thor battle right out of the gate. 

Edited by Viper

• 2 months later...

Gross event, gross game, looks like God of War 1 honestly... and the final sequence of the trailer what a joke has become sony, well i'm not passing this woke of war until they have an excuse to put characters where don't belong, but for the moment no PS5, insomiac games it's now the developer of marvel, we can say goodbye to a new Resistance.

I'm sad, gaming it's not enjoyable anymore, guess i have to stuck on switch

Edited by TheAbyssWalker61
  • Like 3

New image (possibly the box art) :)God-of-War-Ragnarok-Featured-image.jpg?r

Director of God of War 2018, Cory Barlog has confirmed that he isn't serving as the director of Ragnarok, with longtime developer Eric Williams now taking his place.

When asked by Sony PlayStation’s Sid Shuman on whether Barlog can give us a clue on what he’s working on, this is what the he (Barlog) had to say:

We’re actually doing a bunch of stuff. It’s really exciting all the things we’re doing, and you’re tempted to know, what is this? But I don’t really have anything I can talk about right now specifically. Mostly because we’re really focused on God of War Ragnarok.

I think we’ll wait to get any deeper into anything else until later. We’ll talk again, Sid.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1