God of War: Ragnarök (November 9, 2022)

Ghost

I'm mixed on this. GoW Ragnarok will be a good PS4 game but on PS5, it will be a PS4 game with PS5 graphics glitter pasted atop+60 Hz. Even the FOV is still narrow. It makes me wistful that this will be the last game in the Norse saga (according to Hulst) and it was held back by the PS4 in its final title.

Edited by Eraezr
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Didn’t you get the memo?

Being incessantly pessimistic, dour and curmudgeonly about stuffmakes you interesting. 

Being optimistic and actually looking forward to, and liking stuff - even the hobby you engage in? That’s for loser fanboys.

Hating the things you love is cool.

Loving the things you love is for dorks. 

Of course, how silly of me to forget!

There is a very good reason why I actually consume very little gaming content outside of playing games- I don't watch many games-related videos on YouTube, hardly ever read articles or participate in forums outside of this site; most of my pursuits are actually science, literature, music and film based. Not that there aren't negative ninnies in those fields either, there are, just not as pathologically obsessed with being upset at absolutely everything.

Edited by Stan Lee
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

Why in Odin's name are folks saying this looks like DLC? ? Seems to be a brand new trend emerging now where if a sequel is not revolutionary then it's "just like DLC"- I see folks saying it about Horizon Forbidden West too. Respectfully, that's utter nonsense. C'mon guys, do you really expect subsequent games to re-invent the wheel now or else it "just looks like DLC"? I really don't understand why folks are being so super negative now for no reason, like you yourselves don't want to be happy or excited about things anymore. And for the record I'm not talking about those who weren't big on the 2018 game; that's your opinion so of course this one wouldn't be too appealing either.

Very clear that some time has passed. There are major plot threads moving. It will more than likely be just as long as the previous game if not longer- I seriously doubt this is a Miles Morales situation. The graphics are actually improved as I pointed out in an earlier post. The last game played wonderfully so I don't see the need to change it all up again, they're obviously just going to evolve some mechanics- new powers, skills, maybe even a new weapon or two. Perhaps we want to go back in time and say that God of War II on PS2 just feels like DLC for the original God of War since there weren't many major revolutionary shakeups there either? C'mon, folks, y'all being debbie downers just for the sake of it now, games are supposed to be fun to talk about and clearly a lot of work and love has gone into the development of this game just as the last one.

Exactly, I don't understand this idea that if the game engine/style hasn't undergone a complete graphical and visual overhaul with 6 billion more polygons per screen, ray-tracing, additional pores on all the characters, etc. and add 500 new combat options, then it doesn't "warrant" a standalone release - as you said, that would make every game in the franchise on the PS3 after 1 "DLC". I'll gladly pay full price for what I know will be yet another truly-AAA game that has had years of heart and soul poured into its development to make something unique and memorable, and I'm pretty sure this'll be even longer than Dad of Boi.

2 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

Why in Odin's name are folks saying this looks like DLC? 1f602.png Seems to be a brand new trend emerging now where if a sequel is not revolutionary then it's "just like DLC"

To be honest, this is something that's been said by cool kids since DLC became a thing. And the ones who push this mantra the hardest are often people who don't even play the games in question. 

But anyway, getting back to Ragnarok, I'm excited, but fat Thor leaves me cold. I think they went a little far on the gut here. They might as well have asked the dude in the Pepsiman game to be the model.

Edited by starcrunch061

FHcLG25.jpg

:D

30 minutes ago, Baranov_925 said:

Since they got most of assests from GOW18, we shouldn't wait too long, but I think, it would debut in 2023.

Ragnarok is currently set to launch in 2022 and I hope there will be no delays

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Didn’t you get the memo?

Being incessantly pessimistic, dour and curmudgeonly about stuffmakes you interesting. 

Being optimistic and actually looking forward to, and liking stuff - even the hobby you engage in? That’s for loser fanboys.

Hating the things you love is cool.

Loving the things you love is for dorks. 

God forbid people have different reactions and opinions. ?

9 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

FHcLG25.jpg

:D

Ragnarok is currently set to launch in 2022 and I hope there will be no delays

I wish Obelix was in this ?

20 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

But anyway, getting back to Ragnarok, I'm excited, but fat Thor leaves me cold. I think they went a little far on the gut here. They might as well have asked the dude in the Pepsiman game to be the model.

You guys have just watched to many Marvel movies. Thor loved eating and feasting. Even though he is fat he is still a very powerful god. I prefer him looking like this instead of like Chris Hemsworth. Now he looks like Thor in Endgame where he is fat and content ?

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

lets hope that 1 of the realms (since we can go to all of them) isnt just a city and then the rest is empty like the first. I like the first a lot but it does have flaws. It was a good starting point so now this one has to hit a homerun. 

Also give us more than Axe, Shield, Blades... in God of War 2 we got a hammer, and Spear if i remember correctly. 

My guess.... May 2022?

Also do away with Niflheim grind fest. Muspelheim was fun.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

Gross event, gross game, looks like God of War 1 honestly... and the final sequence of the trailer what a joke has become sony, well i'm not passing this woke of war until they have an excuse to put characters where don't belong, but for the moment no PS5, insomiac games it's now the developer of marvel, we can say goodbye to a new Resistance.

I'm sad, gaming it's not enjoyable anymore, guess i have to stuck on switch

Sounds like you should just sell your consoles and find a new hobby. You sound depressed which isnt healthy :) 

Sending good vibes!

Just now, starcrunch061 said:

So did Loki. In fact, Loki was known to eat much more than Thor (it was Loki that was chosen for the eating contest in Utgard, after all), but no one is putting a big gut on him.

Thor might have slower metabolism and exercised less =). Just because someone is a god doesn't mean they have to be a greek adonis. I much prefer him looking like and old dad with a beer gut.

Balder was built like a k-pop star but still beat Kratos up pretty badly.

• Like 1

Just now, Quink666 said:

Thor might have slower metabolism and exercised less =). Just because someone is a god doesn't mean they have to be a greek adonis. I much prefer him looking like and old dad with a beer gut.

Balder was built like a k-pop star but still beat Kratos up pretty badly.

Sure - everyone likes different things. I think Thor needs to do some sit-ups, personally.

Maybe Kratos will give him some exercise tips.

12 hours ago, ScottishNub said:

Yeah cause marvel came up with the word ragnarok 1f612.png

I am definitely gonna play this game don't get me wrong. I just overall thought the game wasn't as good as other people and to be honest the whole series never was really that good. Here is how I view games story to me is the most important factor. GoW had very good gameplay, and was very cinematic. The story did have plot holes and it does sound like they may address a lot of that in this game. I would like to see it come full circle as well. And sure I was reaching with the title but that is what I do. However just my opinion and I understand why people like GoW you get to kill gods thats awesome. I will definitely play it and I hope it is better. 

4 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

Why in Odin's name are folks saying this looks like DLC? ? Seems to be a brand new trend emerging now where if a sequel is not revolutionary then it's "just like DLC"- I see folks saying it about Horizon Forbidden West too. Respectfully, that's utter nonsense. C'mon guys, do you really expect subsequent games to re-invent the wheel now or else it "just looks like DLC"? I really don't understand why folks are being so super negative now for no reason, like you yourselves don't want to be happy or excited about things anymore. And for the record I'm not talking about those who weren't big on the 2018 game; that's your opinion so of course this one wouldn't be too appealing either.

Very clear that some time has passed. There are major plot threads moving. It will more than likely be just as long as the previous game if not longer- I seriously doubt this is a Miles Morales situation. The graphics are actually improved as I pointed out in an earlier post. The last game played wonderfully so I don't see the need to change it all up again, they're obviously just going to evolve some mechanics- new powers, skills, maybe even a new weapon or two. Perhaps we want to go back in time and say that God of War II on PS2 just feels like DLC for the original God of War since there weren't many major revolutionary shakeups there either? C'mon, folks, y'all being debbie downers just for the sake of it now, games are supposed to be fun to talk about and clearly a lot of work and love has gone into the development of this game just as the last one.

Yeah I don't get it either. The point of sequels are to move the story forward while doing more of the same that made the previous game a hit in the first place. Throw in some new gameplay elements here and there (which this clearly shows it's done) and you have yourself a game. People over here acting like the original GOW games were all that different between each other...they were all violent hack n slash, QTE fests...and it's what we expected.

We're going to get gameplay of Spider-Man 2 some time late next year...they're going to be real surprised when the swinging and combat are largely the same.  

• Like 2

They race lifted to Black Loki's woman who is called the "Mother of Monsters"... the implications in this. I am only joking of course and hope no one seriously tries to hit them on this. 

Likewise on the other end no should take issue with it (I'm sure there will be such people of course). Giants can be any colour and vary in size and appearance greatly so if you were going to pick a character to do this then she if you want to justify it would be a perfect one. 

Her inclusion has made me consider something for future games especially with this apparently being the final Norse game (might be a misunderstanding) which is very interesting indeed. Really looking forward to seeing what they do. If it is what I'm thinking then you get a natural shift to a different setting and the next game will be very interesting.

The "It looks like DLC" thing is nonsense to me. I'm glad they're saving money and time with whatever assets they're reusing. They'll be plenty new in the game and your experience won't be spoiled because they used the same tree asset across two games or whatever. 

20 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

So did Loki. In fact, Loki was known to eat much more than Thor (it was Loki that was chosen for the eating contest in Utgard, after all), but no one is putting a big gut on him.

His character type tend to be depicted as thin however beyond that Loki is a shapeshifter and can have any appearance he wants.

I don't see an issue with Thor myself. I think the idea is that they don't want you thinking "Thor is cool" as so many go for. He is a dishonourable cruel detestable degenerate who kills people at a whim/for fun. If someone thinks that he looks terrible then I believable that is the point. 

• Like 1